• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No AnyDVD Tray Icon / Drives show as not activated

Zweistein

Hi,
since a few days I cannot use AnyDVD anymore.
The tray icon isn't shown anymore and both of my DVD-/BluRay-Drives show status "not activated".
Both drives are tagged in drive selection.

Installed version 8.4.8.0, tried to revert to 8.4.7.0, but had luck - same problem.

I owe a life time licesense, please let me know if you need details.

Problem seems to be machine, OS or SW related. I installed version 8.4.8.0 on my old machine, and it works (but this machine is slow and has no BluRay Drive).

TIA

Hi,
since a few days I cannot use AnyDVD anymore.
The tray icon isn't shown anymore and both of my DVD-/BluRay-Drives show status "not activated".
Both drives are tagged in drive selection.

Installed version 8.4.8.0, tried to revert to 8.4.7.0, but had luck - same problem.

I owe a life time licesense, please let me know if you need details.

Problem seems to be machine, OS or SW related. I installed version 8.4.8.0 on my old machine, and it works (but this machine is slow and has no BluRay Drive).

TIA
Sounds like an Anti virus/firewall issue.

Only MS defender active (Win 10 1909). Default firewall settings, i.e. no filters on outgoing traffic.

Seems like the AnyDVD drivers are not loaded. I didn't find anything AnyDVD related stuff. Are there any log files on AnyDVD startup?

Last edited:
Seems like the AnyDVD drivers are not loaded. I didn't find anything AnyDVD related stuff. Are there any log files on AnyDVD startup?
Disconnect your drives, and see if AnyDVD installs correctly. If so your drive may be damaged.

AnyDVD was installed correctly - it worked. I'm right now watching a BluRay with Leawo Player on my 2nd drive (LG) after having been watching another BluRay on my 1st drive (Pioneer). So pls don't tell me anything about hw problems. After almost 30 years in PC business, I've seen dozens of optical drives dying - and all of them died digitally (they just stopped working at all).
Both of my drives play CD, DVD and (as just tested) BluRay without any drive related problems. Just AnyDVD stopped working.
Once again: are there any logs regarding AnyDVD startup?

Last edited:
Sry. but I don't see anything aggressive in my reply. I've just been reporting my observations and have been insisting on a question not have been replied. Well, if that's aggresive, then your reply is an excellent example of passive aggression.

Uninstall ANYDVD completely and re-install. You will for sure need your activation code if you do so.

Report back.

Ok, I try to ignore that my questions and observations are not respected.
So what do you mean: dissconnect the drives physically?

There is obviously something not working regarding ANYDVD on your PC. Therefore:

-Uninstall ANYDVD completely
-Reboot
-Install ANYDVD. Apply registration code.
-Reboot
-Try again

Awright, have beern reading yr other message. I'll try to un- and reinstall AnyDVD completely. And yep, I have kept my license file ...
It's almost one o' clock here, and I'll have to get up early in the morning. So we will have to postpone this till tomorrow.
A domani...
Michael

Night, night... Report back tomorrow if you had success or not.

Hi,
- uninstall
- reboot
- install
- reboot
AnyDVD is working again.
Seems like the AnyDVD installation was corrupted by something...
Thank You for the kind support and your patience
Michael

Back