• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

System lock-up while ripping Pliates DVDs

Yuriy

I have no problems ripping movies while using AnyDVD 6.1.7.4 but I can't seem to rip a single workout disk. I have tried 4 Pliates DVDs and all of them have locked my Windows XP Pro system up, had to reboot every time. Nero 7 Ultra says the DVDs are copy protected, the video manufacturer is Naturaljourneys DVD and the disks are single sided single layer. I have searched for an similar posts but haven't had any luck, I guess workout videos are not popular. Any help or sugestions would be great, thanks.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
AOPEN DUW1608/ARR A110 051103AOPAB0360429
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 1066769 sectors (2083 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: OTB_PILATES
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6 8!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Last edited:
I have no problems ripping movies while using AnyDVD 6.1.7.4 but I can't seem to rip a single workout disk. I have tried 4 Pliates DVDs and all of them have locked my Windows XP Pro system up, had to reboot every time. Nero 7 Ultra says the DVDs are copy protected, the video manufacturer is Naturaljourneys DVD and the disks are single sided single layer. I have searched for an similar posts but haven't had any luck, I guess workout videos are not popular. Any help or sugestions would be great, thanks.

Just out of curiosity what happens if all you do is watch the DVD from the DVD drive while AnyDVD is active in the background. Do you have any issues then?

AnyDVD was started and then I tried to view the dvd using Nero Showtime2 and got an "Unexpected DVD Error" prompt. I clicked ok and tried again and got into the menu, started the video and it is playing just fine now. So it appears to work with AnyDVD running in the background.

Nero 7 Ultra says the DVDs are copy protected

Is AnyDVD running when Nero tells you this? If the answer is "yes" does it also say this if you disable AnyDVD and then try again with Nero? Also, please try disabling the Remove annoying adverts and trailers under the Video-DVD section of settings and see what happens when AnyDVD is active.

I should also note another test would be to see if it plays fine from your DVD drive when AnyDVD is disabled. I should have mentioned that before in my last post.

If you have problems with all questions I asked then please refer to one of the stickied threads titled Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST). Note items 1, 2 and 6.

Yes, AnyDVD was running when I received the first error message but after closing the error message and with AnyDVD still running, Nero played the DVD without further problems.

I tried ripping after disabling the Remove annoying adverts and trailers under the Video-DVD section and it still caused the system to freeze.

With AnyDVD Not running, I receive no error messages from either Windows media player or Nero.

I ripped Disturbia just to retest AnyDVD and it copied it fine, it just hates workout videos.

With AnyDVD Not running, I receive no error messages from either Windows media player or Nero.

This is very interesting. Please refer to the thread titled Found a new protection AnyDVD can't handle? Send the .ifo files to SlySoft! and send the IFOs to Slysoft. Make sure you have AnyDVD disabled when you copy the IFOs. Maybe Slysoft can find the problem that is causing this. If there is no protection on the disc then AnyDVD really shouldn't be doing anything let alone actually causing a problem.

Last edited:
Back