• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unable to decrypt protected ISO

jayper

Never run into this issue before, but I am not able to open a recently created protected ISO.

Anyone have any clues as to what might be going on? Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.8.2_Info_H_JAY_AND_SILENT_BOB_REBOOT.ziplog
    444.8 KB · Views: 6
Looks like AnyDVD hasn't seen that ISO before and thus can't decrypt it. You'll need to use the original first, after which the iso should decrypt.

Thanks so much for the help and input. Strange, I used the same machine and BD-drive, and version of AnyDVD to create the ISO in the first place.

One odd thing I did notice: When I had the disk in, it did not indicate the known good playlist in the status window as usual.

I'll pull out the disk and look into it. Thanks again.

playlist are only mentioned for screenpass protected discs. The AGID is a unique identifier to the disc which only exists on originals and cannot be copied, whichanydvd needs before it can even begin to decrypt.

Understood, I should have noted that this is a screenpass protected disc. Which is why I thought it was odd that the playlist was not shown when I first decrypted the disc. I assumed that screenpass hadn't been sorted out for the disc yet and opted for a protected ISO so I could come back and check later.

Fyi that disc you are having trouble with (jay and silent bob) is from lionsgate, and several of their recent releases have been reported and folks here are working on some recent variation of screen pass or who knows what. So some fix may be forthcoming.

Understood, I should have noted that this is a screenpass protected disc. Which is why I thought it was odd that the playlist was not shown when I first decrypted the disc. I assumed that screenpass hadn't been sorted out for the disc yet and opted for a protected ISO so I could come back and check later.

Afaik making a protected iso, is good method, when a disc is not currently supported yet, wheter because it's not only AACS, screenpass issue etc.

But for drives who make use of bus-encryption activationm, on BD/UHD-discs asking for bus-encrpytion, when the decryption software would not support yet to disable it on certain discs, you have to get rid off bus encryption first (manually) in order to get a proper protected ISO.
When you have an LG NS50/55/NS60 compatible drive, with libre-drive enabled firmware flashed on , there's an option in makemkv to disable that, then you can make a good protected ISO, with ImgBurn, (even if AnyDVD could not do it yet). Later when the disc encryption,screenpass is known you can decrypt it with e.g. AnyDVD, as normally you do it.
--
I'm not 100% sure though, when a disc is not supported by AnyDVD yet, if that means generally also bus-encryption on certain discs.

--
When you mount the protected ISO, can you see at least see its contents, that there is a AACS, and BDMV directory? If no, then it might be corrupted due to a copy with bus-encryption on top of that, which could be a reason to have to redump protected ISO from original disc
---
[Edit]Ah sry. Just looked in your ziplog. At least directory content, files and names within the ISO, look according to scheme.
If there was done s.th. that bus-encrypted protected ISOs appear masked to look "normal" to fool user/software, I don't know.
--
(see further above, but mostly below, what to make sure of), as I'm no expert. :)
---
A way to check protected ISO if it's OK, if other ripping/decryption software could process it further, and if the result was a working video, for testing pruposes.
Of course also here it might be that other software does not support it yet, to process it further, so if, in worst case, you would need to wait to check, if protected ISO was OK.
--

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/libredrive.76701/reply?quote=506503
LibreDrive is part of makemkv. If you have a drive with a firmware that is supported, it just works. Makemkv does not support iso. There is a way to use makemkv to enable libredrive on a disc and then use imgburn to create a protected iso. I do this quite often. When the key is known to anydvd you can mount the protected iso with virtual clone drive and do whatever you want with it. If using a friendly drive there's no real benefit to doing this over anydvd protected iso ripping as it'll do the same thing with far less work.

LibreDrive has *NOTHING* to do with decryption AT ALL. That's the part you're missing. It's not some "decryption be gone magic(tm)" like people seem to think it is. It does NOTHING with AACS AT ALL. What it DOES do, however, is disable bus encryption while the disc is in the drive. It does this by uploading firmware extensions to the drive's memory. These extensions go away once you eject the disc, but, if you enable LibreDrive mode for a disc, bus encryption is disabled, allowing you to create a proper protected ISO. (If you don't disable bus encryption, say on an official UHD drive like my NS60, the ISO you create is useless because on top of being AACS encrypted for which a title key can decrypt it once it's known, it encrypts it using bus encryption, as well, which is device specific). The folder backup you're talking about is using the title key to decrypt it while it's copying the contents. It's using LibreDrive to access the disc, but, again, LibreDrive has nothing to do with the decryption process. One additional benefit of LibreDrive is that it ignores the MKB revocation list. Meaning, if your drive gets updated with a new MKB, LibreDrive will still allow you to decrypt all your previous titles without having to wait for a new version of MakeMKV that supports the new MKB. That's useful.

Last edited:
--
I'm not 100% sure though, when a disc is not supported by AnyDVD yet, if that means generally also bus-encryption on certain discs.
Bus encryption should never be a problem.
If AnyDVD can't remove bus encryption, it won't allow you to create an iso. At least that's the plan.

Back