• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mobile is not working on new laptop with external DVD drive

ScubaDeb

I have had these products for about a decade, and now I have a problem. I recently upgraded to a new laptop, which does not have a DVD drive so I am using an external LG drive.

I am able to rip movies using ANYDvd and the external drive (I do get CSS errors, but it's the correct region) but the system crashes when I try to make a mobile copy (.avi) from either my hard drive or external dvd (LG). When CloneDVD mobile is directed to the source movie, the application shuts down. On older movies the application locks at 99%. I have not had this issue on my older 2015 laptop.

I am currently making a mobile copies on my 2015 laptop and external drive, so I am confused. (The old laptop is barely working, BTW.) Both laptops are Windows 10 (64g) home versions and both had i7 processors. I have attached a copy of my screenshots of both my old and new laptop, and ANY help would be appreciated. Almost no new laptops come with built in laptops and I love AnyDVD and CloneDVD mobile.

Help please.

Attachments

• HP 2020 LAPTOP SYSTEM DETAILS.jpg
    HP 2020 LAPTOP SYSTEM DETAILS.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 9
  • old laptop 2015.jpg
    old laptop 2015.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 10
Most likely hardware problems:

- enclosure doesn't fully support optical drives
- power needs of external drive too high for USB port (needs active external USB hub with its own power supply)

Most likely hardware problems:

- enclosure doesn't fully support optical drives
- power needs of external drive too high for USB port (needs active external USB hub with its own power supply)

AnyDVD works, so I can rip images from the LG external DVD onto my hard drive. When I point DVDClone mobile to the ripped image on the hard drive, Clone Mobile shuts down. There is no log file created. It does the same thing if I point to the DVD drive.

Any other thoughts? My old laptop, which works, is hanging on by a thread!

AnyDVD works, so I can rip images from the LG external DVD onto my hard drive. When I point DVDClone mobile to the ripped image on the hard drive, Clone Mobile shuts down. There is no log file created. It does the same thing if I point to the DVD drive.

As James said, post an AnyDVD log. You don't need CDVDm for that.

You should also rip to the internal laptop drive to rule out all potential USB issues and then point Clone Mobile to that. If it fails uninstall Clone and re-install and check again.

For the CSS errors. Post an AnyDVD log. Make sure you have set the region of your optical drive in device manager.

Good and important hint!
AnyDVD shut off. From the images that were ripped onto my hard drive it CloneDVD Mobile worked on the movies that did not give me the CSS error message when I ripped the DVDs. I got this error message only on a few of the DVDs I ripped (Bad Boys and Judy), not all. The ones that gave the warning/message box I cannot make a mobile version.

I don't have a screenshot of the CSS message box, and I will upload it, along with the log file,when I get it again.

Note that I did verify that the DVD Region was set to 1 in both AnyDVD and my device settings.

Thank you for your replies....

I don't have a screenshot of the CSS message box, and I will upload it, along with the log file,when I get it again.
If you get a CSS warning message box, your region code is not set correctly. As is written in the CSS message box. Just post an AnyDVD logfile, so I can show you.

Note that I did verify that the DVD Region was set to 1 in both AnyDVD and my device settings.

That's a completely different setting. Nobody here is telkling you to check/change the anydvd DVD region setting, what we're telling you to do is

1. Exit anydvd completely (tray icon is not active)
2. Go into WINDOWS DEVICE MANAGER and access the optical drive properties
3. Go to the region tab and look. SUPRISE: region unset (0)
4. Set the region, close device manager.
5. Restart anydvd and try again.

Back