• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ASUS-BC-12D2HT - ripping Blu-Rays

Neo207

Dear community, please show understanding if I sound like a noob - but in this case I am a complete newbie.
I bought a BD-drive for my PC and wanted to rip some of my favourite movies (which I own as originals!) so that I can have them on my NAS to open them quickly via Smart-TV.

Some movies work flawless, some don't. It doesn`t look like a "scratches/defective disc" thing. It seems like the BD-drive has a problem with some protections I guess. I also tried Handbrake (incl. the needed .dll file) or AnyDVD. Nothing helped.

I came across a file, named "ASUS-BC-12D2HT-3.11-WM00300-211902271319.bin".
In some forums it says that I have to flash my drive so that it works better.

1. Is it true that flashing can help in this case?
2. How do I get to know which version my drive has at the moment?
3. Any help on how to flash a drive? Is there a special tool or something that overwrites the original firmware with the .bin file mentioned above?

I am looking forward to your help.

Thank you very much.

ok, using MakeMKV i see that my drive has the firmware 3.11 installed. but still I cannot rip ALL movies.

You need the patched ASUS flasher and you have to flash the firmware you referenced.
Run Makemkv and it will tell you your current firmware (unpatched) and after successful flashing that LibreDrive is enabled (patched). If you need help and can't find the tools send a PM and i will forward those to you.

You need the patched ASUS flasher and you have to flash the firmware you referenced.
Run Makemkv and it will tell you your current firmware (unpatched) and after successful flashing that LibreDrive is enabled (patched). If you need help and can't find the tools send a PM and i will forward those to you.
PLEASE forward those because I am trying to solve my problem more than 1 week now.

PLEASE forward those because I am trying to solve my problem more than 1 week now.
Are you talking about Bluray or UHD discs. If Bluray, you don't need to flash anything. You would need to post an AnyDVD log from discs that you are having an issue with. Are you just ripping as is? Converting to mp4? Just mkv? How and what is needed.

I have sent him the files to flash to LibreDrive firmware. Wait for his feedback.

I have sent him the files to flash to LibreDrive firmware. Wait for his feedback.
Before you help someone possibly brick a drive for no reason, don't you think you need to find out what they are doing or even IF they need it?

His firmware date is too new to brick it. Otherwise you are right.

Back