• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD won't play anything

Gordiac

Just purchased AnyDVD and even though it appears to recognize the inserted disc (be it DVD or Blu-Ray) - it just won't be activated.

I've tried creating a logfile and even though the program claims it worked: it just didn't. It leads me into the ANYDVD_Logs directory which still remains empty. The drive itself is brand new.

I'd appericiate any assistance in the matter.

Just purchased AnyDVD and even though it appears to recognize the inserted disc (be it DVD or Blu-Ray) - it just won't be activated.

I've tried creating a logfile and even though the program claims it worked: it just didn't. It leads me into the ANYDVD_Logs directory which still remains empty. The drive itself is brand new.

I'd appericiate any assistance in the matter.
AnyDVD doesn't play anything. It's primary function is to decrypt (remove copy protection) commercial discs so a copy can be made, which it does in the background. It also has a built-in ripper to use with 3rd party copy programs or to rip to a hard drive.

What exactly, are you trying to do, and what were you expecting?

Last edited:
You are correct and I'm aware of what it's supposed to be doing. I'll rephrase:

AnyDVD recognizes the disc, yet wouldn't remove anything. This is what I'm recieving:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD HD 8.1.7.0, BDPHash.bin 17-07-03)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH14NS40 1.04 N001201KLGJ9OE3841
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2046000 sectors (3996 MBytes)
Total size: 4039184 sectors (7889 MBytes)

You should update to a newer version
v8.4.7.0 is the lastest release

Also it only works on movie disc and not data disc/game disc

8.4.7.0 refuses to be installed due to the SP1 and KB3033929 issue and I've no idea how to solve this one.

I realize it. Working DVDs and Blu-Rays is all I need.

I have a trial copy of AnyDVD v8.4.7.0. Thus far, It doesn't seem to work for any of the newer movies I've tried. However, it will work for older movies. Hell, I have an old copy of AnyDVD I bought a few years back, ver. 7.4.3.0, that works fine for older movies. What am I missing here?

I have a trial copy of AnyDVD v8.4.7.0. Thus far, It doesn't seem to work for any of the newer movies I've tried. However, it will work for older movies. Hell, I have an old copy of AnyDVD I bought a few years back, ver. 7.4.3.0, that works fine for older movies. What am I missing here?
AnyDVD should work with all movies. If you have problems, please post AnyDVD logfile(s).

Perhaps you are missing the permission for AnyDVD to use the online database. It may depend on your virus protection.
DVDs don't need the online database.

DVDs don't need the online database.
That's right as far as I know. I thought about this because you wrote "won't play anything". Only a thought. Funny thing that the older version works fine for you. The logfile will surely help James to locate your problem.

Back