• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GetMPLS - Identify the right play list for BD / UHD

For a second there, I thought this was a tool to find the correct playlist in Screen Pass protected discs, but it's only a "Disney"-tool.
To help identify playlists with your localized language.
I think that should be pointed out, before anyone gets their hopes up and expects magic to happen.

The recommended playlist is whichever one ffmpeg deems to be the correct one. It is for all movies, not just Disney. I don’t know if it works on screen pass or not. I don’t know if I have any movies with screenpass. Is there a list of movies containing screenpass somewhere?

It is for all movies, not just Disney.
Yes, I just used "Disney" as a placeholder for movies that require this. It's only a small percentage, the vast majority are just simple authorings with a single or maybe two playlists (extended cut). But maybe some will still find it useful.
Screen Pass: depends a bit what country you are from.
But in general: mostly Lionsgate movies. Like the recent "Knives Out" - which in my humble opinion is one of the rare Lionsgate movies actually worth watching, let alone protecting.

Then there are "John Wick" all three chapters, "Angel has fallen", "Expendables", the "Hunger Games" trilogy, "Lala Land", "Hellboy" (the new, really crappy one) and many more.

And there's always a chance, that in your country a different studio is in charge and the disc comes without protection.

Last edited:
I have some of those titles. I’ll check them out and see if any have screenpass.

Cheers

For a second there, I thought this was a tool to find the correct playlist in Screen Pass protected discs, but it's only a "Disney"-tool.
To help identify playlists with your localized language.
I think that should be pointed out, before anyone gets their hopes up and expects magic to happen.

Oh shizzle!

That's what I thought!

Knew it was too good to be true...

T

Everyone needs to calm down. It works just fine on Screen Pass. At least it works for Knives Out UHD. I'll test Midway UHD next.

Well, it needs a little work. LOL It did not get it right for Midway. In fact it made no recommendation and just listed out all the playlists. So while not perfect, it seems to have some promise at least.

EDIT: Woa, ok, no it's not that it didn't select a playlist. It completely hangs the program. LOL So it never got around to picking one. yea that's not good.

I checked:
  • all 3 expendables movies - all Lionsgate - no screenpass
  • all 3 John Wick movies - 1 & 3 are Lionsgate - no screenpass
  • Hellboy (the new one) - not Lionsgate, it's Millenium Media - no screenpass
  • all 4 Hunger Games movies - all Lionsgate - no screenpass

I'm really having trouble finding any movie that has screenpass. I don't have Midway or Knives Out. I'll have to go through my entire collection and look for any Lionsgate films.

Last edited:
I checked:
  • all 3 expendables movies - all Lionsgate - no screenpass
  • all 3 John Wick movies - 1 & 3 are Lionsgate - no screenpass
  • Hellboy (the new one) - not Lionsgate, it's Millenium Media - no screenpass
  • all 4 Hunger Games movies - all Lionsgate - no screenpass
US discs?

Everyone needs to calm down. It works just fine on Screen Pass. At least it works for Knives Out UHD. I'll test Midway UHD next.
No, it can't work for Screen Pass, it's simply not designed for that (Knives Out is an exception/coincidence - if you look at the playlists, you can see why it's trivial to pick the "right one").

All Australian.
Quite possible, that Australian discs don't have Screen Pass in general.
Though, I don't get how this makes sense for a protection if you want to stop piracy - pirates will just get the Australian releases.
It's like having 50% counterfeit-proof money and the other 50% can be accurately copied in a copy-shop.

No, it can't work for Screen Pass, it's simply not designed for that (Knives Out is an exception/coincidence - if you look at the playlists, you can see why it's trivial to pick the "right one").

Quite possible, that Australian discs don't have Screen Pass in general.
Though, I don't get how this makes sense for a protection if you want to stop piracy - pirates will just get the Australian releases.
It's like having 50% counterfeit-proof money and the other 50% can be accurately copied in a copy-shop.

Exactly! It would be very strange if all the Aussie releases don't have screen pass. I'm going to go through my entire movie collection and check all the Lionsgate one's.

It just triggered that old stereotype of these Aussie pilot / solution jokes :

P: Aircraft handles funny.
S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

P: Target radar hums.
S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics

P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
S: Took hammer away from midget.

Sorry, Marty!!

There was another one when the pilot announced a 50 year travel back in time landing a plane in Australia. I couldn't find it. Most likely too bad and too old.

Anyway - these jokes are really funny and no offense meant. Really!! You guys really rock and are the coolest worldwide. All the Aussies I know are professional, funny, reliable. Excellent and rare mix of characteristics.

And now you have to wait for screen pass :D:D

It just triggered that old stereotype of these Aussie pilot / solution jokes :

P: Aircraft handles funny.
S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

P: Target radar hums.
S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics

P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
S: Took hammer away from midget.

Sorry, Marty!!

There was another one when the pilot announced a 50 year travel back in time landing a plane in Australia. I couldn't find it. Most likely too bad and too old.

Anyway - these jokes are really funny and no offense meant. Really!! You guys really rock and are the coolest worldwide. All the Aussies I know are professional, funny, reliable. Excellent and rare mix of characteristics.

And now you have to wait for screen pass :D:D

I guess I really should count myself lucky!! (y)

Cheers!

Back