• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any dvd

disz4me

I purchased any dvd a few years ago. I've been seriously ill since then and now I'm starting to recover and use my computer more I've found the slysoft site has gone and my any dvd no longer works. the other products i bought at the same time all work fine.
I contacted redfox and they've told me I have to buy a new licence to use any dvd. I'm pretty peed off over this as I had already paid for a lifetime product. I don't see why I should have to fork out again for another licence.

I purchased any dvd a few years ago. I've been seriously ill since then and now I'm starting to recover and use my computer more I've found the slysoft site has gone and my any dvd no longer works. the other products i bought at the same time all work fine.
I contacted redfox and they've told me I have to buy a new licence to use any dvd. I'm pretty peed off over this as I had already paid for a lifetime product. I don't see why I should have to fork out again for another licence.
Slysoft was shut down 4 years ago, that is very old news, widely talked about and discussed.

Your Slysoft license will still work up to version 7.6.9.5, so you can download that and continue on. It may or may not work with the titles you are trying to back-up. If you need a newer version of AnyDVD for your discs (8.xxx) you will need a Redfox license for that.

It was around that time I was fighting for my life in hospital and have spent the last few years in rehabilitation so I missed the 'old, widely talked about' news.
Why do all the other products (clonecd, clonedvd etc) work fine but anydvd is no longer supported?

Why do all the other products (clonecd, clonedvd etc) work fine but anydvd is no longer supported?
Mainly because AnyDVD requires constant, never ending attention and an huge amount of manpower to keep up to date.
The Redfox-team started out with zero funding.

I hope that answer is satisfactory - please leave it at that. You don't know it, but we've been through this countless times (if you want to know more, you can probably find every related information on this forum, scattered).

What is to say the same thing won't happen again if I spend the money on a new licence?

Nobody can predict the future, however redfox has certain measures in place to make it difficult to be tracked down and get shut down.

I don't know how much you paid for your license, but let's assume it was $80. Slysoft lasted for 10+ years, that's $8 a year for a software that requires constant updates.

You try paying for staff, servers, development costs, food at $8 year. You won't make it very long with it.

All we can do is hope redfox lasts just as long if not longer. Did your really expect it to be YOUR lifetime?

Take the average human lifespan of 80+ years, at 80$ your license, that's $1 per year. You try living for a year on $1.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

What was the point then I bought CloneBD 08/01/2015 ??

What was the point then I bought CloneBD 08/01/2015 ??

CloneBD is from a different company (Elaborate Bytes), and cannot process copyrighted content on its own. It never was affected by the slysoft shutdown.

Back