• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Backup Disney dvd Cars

Krutvik

Hi

In order to avoid greasy child fingers and scratches I'm trying to backup the latest Disney Movie, which I purchased for my kids. But it seems that the dics protection is keeping the drive from recognizing that the dvd is in the drive. Do you know how to make a backup?

Thanks in advance...

Use clonedvd 2.9.0.3 in conjunction with anydvd 6.1.1.3.

any-dvd and dvd shrink 3.2 which is free and you can back this movie up.

Thanks for the help. But unfortunately it don't get me anywhere. Both dvd shrink and AnyDVD are still saying the same: No disc in drive. Normally I'm using DVD Shrink 3.2, so I am a bit confused :confused:

Cars

I had no problem with Cars using AnyDVD. Try another disc and make sure the DVD burner hasn't bit the dust (I've lost two that needed replacement). Also, make sure the disc is completely clean.

i backed it up no problem using anydvd 6.1.0.7, plus clonedvd2 2.9.0.3

one thing i did notice was that the dvd drive was spinning like crazy (nec 7173) when reading it.

this was region2 (uk) and the drive uses region-free firmware.

Sometimes I get the no disc found message in both DVD drives. I have found that starting the movie will make AnyDVD recognize the disc and, after stopping the movie, I can back it up.

Backup, Disney dvd Cars

I recently had the same problem with SAW III, but not with Cars.
I also received No Disc msg. So, I tried an older version of DVD Shrink. I think it was version 1.03 and it accepted it and it worked fine. Good luck.

I'VE ONLY HAD THAT ONCE SINCE USING ANY DVD.YOU COULD HAVE REGISTRY PROBLEMS.I DID A REGISTRY SCAN AND IT FOUND 50 ERRORS,I USED (REG-CURE) TO FIX THE ERRORS,RE-DOWNLOADED THE UPDATE REBOOTED AND IT CURED THE PROBLEM,ITS WORTH GETTING SOME SORT OF REGISTRY CLEANER TO FIX THE ERRORS, AND RUNNING A SCAN EVERY NOW AND THEN. YOU WILL BE SURPRISED WHAT ERRORS YOU HAVE.ALSO MAKE SURE THAT THE DVD DRIVE YOU ARE USING IS ENABLED SO YOU CAN DO RECORDING ON THAT DRIVE.IF YOU GO (WWW.REG-CURE.COM) YOU WILL GET A FREE SCAN.IT COSTS ABOUT $29.95 TO PURCHASE WHICH IS UNDER £20.00..SEE HOW YOU GET ON.

I had same problem with a few movies that had a gold colored surface using a brand new HP 840i. I sent the unit back and they replaced it and have not had any problem since. So my opinion I would say maybe it's your drive.

Thanks,

Chris

I had same problem with a few movies that had a gold colored surface using a brand new HP 840i. I sent the unit back and they replaced it and have not had any problem since. So my opinion I would say maybe it's your drive.

Thanks,

Chris
Yes some drives are very finicky. Try it on another DVD-RW drive and see if it still happens.

Thanks

Everybody - thank you. I have also reached the conclusion, that it is the drive, there are causing the troubles.

All Caps

I'VE ONLY HAD THAT ONCE SINCE USING ANY DVD.YOU COULD HAVE REGISTRY PROBLEMS.I DID A REGISTRY SCAN AND IT FOUND 50 ERRORS,I USED (REG-CURE) TO FIX THE ERRORS,RE-DOWNLOADED THE UPDATE REBOOTED AND IT CURED THE PROBLEM,ITS WORTH GETTING SOME SORT OF REGISTRY CLEANER TO FIX THE ERRORS, AND RUNNING A SCAN EVERY NOW AND THEN. YOU WILL BE SURPRISED WHAT ERRORS YOU HAVE.ALSO MAKE SURE THAT THE DVD DRIVE YOU ARE USING IS ENABLED SO YOU CAN DO RECORDING ON THAT DRIVE.IF YOU GO (WWW.REG-CURE.COM) YOU WILL GET A FREE SCAN.IT COSTS ABOUT $29.95 TO PURCHASE WHICH IS UNDER £20.00..SEE HOW YOU GET ON.
koleos, all caps is considered shouting on a web forum, anyway, The Best free registry tool by far is CCleaner. You can download it at www.ccleaner.com. It is very good, free and they release updates regularly. It also has a backup feature in case you make a change you want to reverse. Great Registry "Scrubber"! Very good at removing all the uninstaller reference that Windows leaves behind. I have personally used it for years and it keeps my system runnning efficiently.

koleos, all caps is considered shouting on a web forum, anyway, The Best free registry tool by far is CCleaner. You can download it at www.ccleaner.com. It is very good, free and they release updates regularly. It also has a backup feature in case you make a change you want to reverse. Great Registry "Scrubber"! Very good at removing all the uninstaller reference that Windows leaves behind. I have personally used it for years and it keeps my system runnning efficiently.
And it was just updated yesterday also. I agree on CCleaner, you can save the cookies you want and delete the rest with the click of a button. Great freeware.:clap:

Back