• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio out of sync in lossless MKV

jayper

Disc:
Never Say Never Again - Region B - Amazon Germany

AnyDVD

CloneBD

I was attempting to create a lossless (audio & video) MKV of the main title with English audio, English director's commentary and English subtitles. The disc decrypts fine with AnyDVD and the CloneBD job successfully completes. However, when attempting to play the resulting file both audio tracks are out of sync. This is the first time I have seen this kind of behavior from CloneBD.

I attempted to play the file with 4 different programs and the audio sync issue is present with all four (VLC, Kodi, MPC-Home Cinema & MPC-BE).

I have played back the disc in PowerDvd, with AnyDVD enabled and the sound is perfectly in sync when directly playing from the disc. I have also backed up the disc and created a lossless (audio & video) MKV with another software solution and the resulting file is in sync. So, I thought it was worth sharing with the developers as this is the first time I have seen such a result from CloneBD.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.8.1.Never Say Never Again.cbdlog
    371.9 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.4.7.1_Info_D_NEVER_SAY_NEVER_AGAIN_0B389C77_33087516.ziplog
    702 KB · Views: 0
There are two intro clips at the beginning (first 18 seconds).
If you trim those away with CloneBD - only convert the main video - is it in sync then?

There are two intro clips at the beginning (first 18 seconds).
If you trim those away with CloneBD - only convert the main video - is it in sync then?
Thank you so much for the quick reply and suggestion. I have already left for work, but I will be sure to test it out tonight when I am at home.

Now that you mention it, I did notice that the MKV produced by "the other solution" did not include the Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM) pre-roll clip. Again, that MKV was in-sync, so you're probably onto something here.

In CloneBD, I did select what was presented as the main title. I'll do a bit more research in how I might trim off the intro clips at the beginning. I've not had a reason to do so in the past, so I am not totally sure how to do that off-hand. I will report back. Thanks again.

Following up here:

I converted the main title to a lossless MKV with CloneBD and used the trimming function to eliminate roughly the first 11 seconds and the resulting MKV had no audio sync issues.

Any idea why the first clip (which has an audio track of its own) threw off the rest of the file?

Back