• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher

Try the Firmware Changer modified (Attached) and use the 3.01 FW (Also attached)

kufo
Please don't attempt this. 3.11 removes the ability to downgrade firmware directly. Previously, you had to cross-flash to BW-16D1HT 3.10-MK, then downgrade to 3.01 but often, the drive became stuck on 3.10-MK.

The easiest and safest way is to directly flash BC-12D2HT 3.11-MK and be done with it as this firmware is UHD friendly. The download link for the latest modifed ASUS flasher + firmware pack is below.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/j2zet...iendly_Firmwares__%2B_Latest_MK_Pack.zip/file

You're right with your warning and 3.00 was the last official firmware, known as friendly. The 3.01 modified, I attached, will be able to backup UHD.
I hadn't seen this new modified version.

Last edited:
You're right with your warning and 3.00 was the last official firmware, jnown as friendly. The 3.01 modified, I attached, will be able to backup UHD.
I hadn't seen this new modified version.
Yep, 3.11-MK has been around for a couple of months now.

I have updated my OP with more information and the latest file/s.

Very good. (y) I'm with the BH16NS 55 and firmware 3.10-MK. There was no need for me to look for newer firmware packs the last month.

Hmm... :confused:
I recently bought this ASUS BW-16D1HT (Firmware 3.10) and read all about flashing and...
I don't get it!?
Should I or should I not flash the firmware?
I'm not into ripping or playing UHD discs, only Blu-ray.
I will use this drive only for ripping and playing Blu-ray, not burning.
I read about a "sleep" bug and ripping speed.
What is the "sleep" bug?
Only tried one Blu-ray (43.4GB) so far using AnyDVD HD and it took about 30-40 minutes.
Is that anything I can speed up with a firmware flash?
Could a faster rip speed add errors to ripped image/folders?
I don't mind the longer time as long as the copy is perfectly 100% OK.
Ideas and input is much appreciated!
Still using Win7 x64

Best regards,
autodidact

If you're not doing uhd then leave it alone. None of it applies to bluray.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Excellent answer! Short and concise! We likes that!
I'm not a "if it ain't broken, brake it" person. :D
Best regards,
autodidact
oirciyQ.gif

So I just picked up an LG WH16NS40 svc ns50 that was manufactured in 2019. It came with 1.0.4-01. I've tried both the modified ASUS firmware tool and the modfied H-L one to downgrade to DE_flash_HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_WH16NS40_1.02_NS50 but I get errors.

With the Asus tool I get "updating failure #4"

With the H-L tool I get: "Write DRAM NG 05/26/03"

So I just picked up an LG WH16NS40 svc ns50 that was manufactured in 2019. It came with 1.0.4-01. I've tried both the modified ASUS firmware tool and the modfied H-L one to downgrade to DE_flash_HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_WH16NS40_1.02_NS50 but I get errors.

With the Asus tool I get "updating failure #4"

With the H-L tool I get: "Write DRAM NG 05/26/03"

Try flashing 1.04-mk first. The you can flash 1.02.

Cheers

Ok. I have the MK firmwares but dont see the 1.0.4 version, just 1.0.3 and 1.0.2. Where can I acquire the 1.0.4?

ok so I was able to flash 1.0.4 but using but using the WH14NS40-NS50 version and not WH16NS40-NS50.
I was then able to flash 1.0.2 WH16NS40-NS50 however I'm only getting a 2.6x read speed. Is that normal?

Last edited by a moderator:
When ripping UHD, the speed is generally not constant. It will continuously fluctuate between 2x-6x. The fastest "friendly" firmware would be the ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.10-MK which seems to stay in the upper speed range for longer.

It wasnt a matter of if I wanted to but if it would work or brick the drive if I flashed a different vendor flash on it.

These drives all share the same chipset so they can be cross flashed just fine.

Hi All
I'm new to this forum.
I have an Asus BW-16D1H-U drive and before knowing this forum i have flashed a wrong firmware for converting in to UHD friendly drive. Unfortunately i don't have the original dumb(which i learned in this forum today).
Now the drive didn't read any disc like audio cd or bluray.
When i insert my disc there is no light flashing at all.
I have attached informations of my drive and the wrongly flashed firmware below.

Any help would be appreciated.
I would be happy if i can at least read bluray disc's again.

This is the wrong firmware i flashed
upload_2020-4-3_16-49-57.png

Drive information inside the case:
upload_2020-4-3_16-54-24.png

Outside drive case:
upload_2020-4-3_16-55-37.png

BR
JIJI N K

Back