• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to make a MKV 1:1 Movie only, of a Bluray with full Audio Support?

Rew452

Hi,
I've used Anydvdhd for many years and today purchased CloneBD to make, movie only MKV's of my blurays with full audio support, DTS-HD and Dolby Atmos.

Need some help on how to setup CloneBD to do this. Can someone here show what to settings to get full audio support, please?

I don't want to down convert video or audio, just convert to mkv. so far I can't seem to preserve the advanced audio formats.

Rew

1. Load your source (drive, iso or folder)
2. click icon above the disc summary that looks like a phone with a disc behind it
3. Pick your container (mkv) and decide if you want embedded or selectable subtitles
4. Pick your title of choice (CloneBD will auto-select the most likely candidate, aka main title), audio & subtitle track(s) desired
5. Choose your video codec (h264/h265 or lossless)
6. Choose your audio codec (AC3 aka dolby digital, DTS, AAC or lossless) and channel layout
7. Specify target folder & file name
8. Hit "Begin conversion"
9. Wait....Profit!

1. Load your source (drive, iso or folder)
2. click icon above the disc summary that looks like a phone with a disc behind it
3. Pick your container (mkv) and decide if you want embedded or selectable subtitles
4. Pick your title of choice (CloneBD will auto-select the most likely candidate, aka main title), audio & subtitle track(s) desired
5. Choose your video codec (h264/h265 or lossless)
6. Choose your audio codec (AC3 aka dolby digital, DTS, AAC or lossless) and channel layout
7. Specify target folder & file name
8. Hit "Begin conversion"
9. Wait....Profit!

Thanks
So, if I select lossless for video and audio I should get a mkv of the movie with exactly the same video/audio as the bluray, right?

Yup, and around the same file size too. I never do lossless so I'm not 100% sure.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OK, I seem to have found the issue.

I have a HP desktop with I7 & Intel 630 and a Nvidia 950M graphics support.
CloneBD initially selected Nvidia using their Cuda processing.
Changing to Intel's Quicksysnc I can then make a mkv with DTS-HD and Dolby Atmos.

If I use Nvidia's system at all I only get ACC audio

I presume this is some limitation of the 950M processing.

Can someone enlighten me as why this is so or if there is any fix for this and or best setting for my setup

Thanks
Rew

Can someone enlighten me as why this is so or if there is any fix for this and or best setting for my setup

Thanks
Rew

Quick answer would be to use the settings that give you the results you want. I’m not trying to be a wiseguy. I just can’t tell you how many times over the years that has been the *solution* for a technical issue.

I use clone BD all the time and have a lifetime license. With a couple of exceptions it has worked great even for my 3D stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, I seem to have found the issue.

I have a HP desktop with I7 & Intel 630 and a Nvidia 950M graphics support.
CloneBD initially selected Nvidia using their Cuda processing.
Changing to Intel's Quicksysnc I can then make a mkv with DTS-HD and Dolby Atmos.

If I use Nvidia's system at all I only get ACC audio

I presume this is some limitation of the 950M processing.

Thanks
Rew

Ch3vr0n gave you good advice & it works.

Although I use linux for all my 4K UHD stuff nowadays, I loaded up another PC with Win7 ultimate x64 & ran CloneBD on Terminator Dark Fate & used an older Nvidia GTX780 Ti card. Checking lossless boxes for both audio & video produced flawless MKV with just what you were asking. So nothing wrong with Nvidia processing lossless on HDR/Atmos/DTS-HD content. Must be a fault on your system somewhere since I tried this same UHD on 3 different Nvidia, older cards with zero issues.

Thanks, Nothing wrong with my system. Just wanted to learn more about the various selections within the program.
As you say using loseless selection for both video and audio does the trick with either encoder.

Rew

lossless is lossless, it doesn't even go through the encoder. It gets copied 1:1 into the mkv container. That's why it's a seperate setting.

Yes I agree lossless is lossless but if you watch CloneBD when working you will see Encoder In/Out is being used. I presume it's using either device selected for something.

Pretty sure it just feeds the streams to the encoder, but the encoder itself doesn't touch the streams.

Yes I agree lossless is lossless but if you watch CloneBD when working you will see Encoder In/Out is being used. I presume it's using either device selected for something.
I could be wrong here & maybe the staff have better knowledge on it but perhaps CloneBD is only using the encoder in/out for the purposes of displaying the video in real time :)

Lossless is passthrough. Mostly. It's not really encoding anything but to move streams from one container to another may require repacking the frames. It doesn't impact quality whatsoever... the stream data is identical... but it's how they are kept in sync when playing them back. That being said the video card choice for lossless is irrelevant as no compression is taking place. And the video card is only used for compressing video afaik.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don't use real time display.

I really hoped to find a pdf or tutorial on using CloneBD but so far I have not found anything. So I'm working at understanding what the various options do.
Don't get me wrong I've used Anydvdhd, CloneBD and CloneDVD for many years now but just recently added the lifetime for CloneBD, have all the rest.

In the past I have used makemkv for a long time and recently learned some of the advantages of CloneBD, especially with disc's having episodes.

Back