• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

aydvd for mac?

i do use most of the slysoft suite under vmware server for linux - anydvd, clonecd, clonedvd2, clonedvd mobile (nero/dvdshrink too) it all works fine, probably 90%+ native speed too. that's with server2003r2 or xppro sp2 as the guest os.

i even use samba to write directly to the linux disk (instead of writing to the virtual windows disk) then either burn to dvd from linux, or copy to my fileserver for playback on the xbox :)

i would assume that vmware fusion for the mac would work just as well (if not better, as it has better graphics support) i've heard about performance issues with parallels that might cause sync issues maybe.

i'd still welcome a native linux suite, but know that's never going to happen, can't see why a mac one couldn't work though.

Thanks for the responses. This partially validates what I said. I'm surprised at Parallels' performance, though. Granted, I've recently removed the windows version from my laptop and switched to VMWare because of a conflict with Kaspersky IS, so, I do understand Parallels isn't perfect. Nonetheless, it's good to know this works in a VM in case I ever do decide to go Mac some day. :)

It's good to know this works in a VM in case I ever do decide to go Mac some day.

Or if you decide to play Ceasar in "The Ides of March", or Custer in "The Stand", or Hitler in "The Bunker" or Captain Smith in "How to Break the TransAtlantic Speed Record" :D :D

-W

Last edited:
Parallels On Mac.

I use all SlySoft products on XP Pro running on Parallels Desktop. I have a MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33Mhz with 3GB of Ram and a 7200RPM 250GB SATA Drive.

I run Leopard on a 23" Cinema Display and XP on the 15" Monitor.

FYI, I backup a 2Hr DVD in 20 minutes! If I modify Device INI for Clone DVD Mobile to use H264 it's about 35-40 minutes. MP4 or Divx 20 minutes. Clone DVD for an exact rip takes about 10-15 minutes and 4-5 minutes to burn on a DVD+R DL.

Don't blame the App(le) blame your piece of Crap(ple).

Dude! I'm gonna get moderator'd for this, but, "FRACK ME!" Can I come play at your house?! That's insane man! Very nice! :)

I've been using Parallels on my Mac Pro for about a year. AnyDVD runs fine. I can drag the video files from a DVD to my desktop and in will decrypt them fine. I then use Popcorn to burn the decrypted files to DVD. However, I have never been able to get CloneDVD to write to a DVD. It will extract the files just fine, but then when it is supposed to write, it spins the DVD a bit then gives an error. This happens with the original Sony DVD writer that came in the machine as well as at LiteOn that I added later. The same behavior has been present will all builds of Parallels I've used over the year as well as OSX versions. I currently have Leopard 10.5.1 installed. Parallels RC 5580. I have a Mac Pro 2.66 with 5 GB of ram. I notice there are a couple of folks upstream in this thread that have run CloneDVD in parallels. I'd like to hear from them on their setup and anything needed to get it to work. Thanks.

I have a MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33Mhz with 3GB of Ram and a 7200RPM 250GB SATA Drive.

I run Leopard on a 23" Cinema Display and XP on the 15" Monitor.

FYI, I backup a 2Hr DVD in 20 minutes! If I modify Device INI for Clone DVD Mobile to use H264 it's about 35-40 minutes. MP4 or Divx 20 minutes. Clone DVD for an exact rip takes about 10-15 minutes and 4-5 minutes to burn on a DVD+R DL.

Don't blame the App(le) blame your piece of Crap(ple).

Yawn... I backup with similar times with half the hardware. P4 1.8, 1.5GB ram and much cheaper cost. The only thing Crapple has going for them is those sweet, sweet displays, the one's i want to make sweet, sweet love to. Rock on!!! :agree:

Back