• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices. (OUTDATED)

If you look in AnyDVD status window you can see the name of your drive and its firmware. Older firmware versions can be found here in the forum.
I think there´s no need to backup this. If you take the "firmware changer modified" you can easyly go up or down with the versions.
Depending on your drive you only have to find the right, friendly firmware for it.

Backup is only required with the older, unsafe dosflash method of flashing. The newer windows based flashing methods are only changing the firmware using the drive's internal firmware upgrade process so there's very little danger of bricking a drive (DO NOT flash ns40 drives that are not NS50 sevice code). So yes, you can flash any MK or DE firmware provided you are not on a restricted firmware. If you are, then flash the MK firmware version first, then you can downgrade to whatever you want.

I have crossflashed with success to asus bw-16d1ht 3.10 mk. It is bluray writer not reader. I wanted to flash proper ASUS-BC-12D2HT 3.00 after but now I am getting error #5. Is there no come back to BC-12D2HT after crossflash?? Also, is asus bw-16d1ht firmare making blue ray reader a writer?? What are differences?

Please find the newest firmware pack here. Your drive has a specific firmware. Readers never become writers. Or riders :)

So what are differences between those two?? And what firmwares you are talking about?? Is there no go back to orginal but friendly firmware (ASUS-BC-12D2HT 3.00 - orginal was 3.11)? How to sort out error 5?? I can flash any asus bw-16d1ht firmware now but no ASUS-BC-12D2HT.

I am rider already :p

Which differences are you talking about? There is a specific firmware for the ASUS BC-12D2HT I assumed you have from your post.

Which differences are you talking about? There is a specific firmware for the ASUS BC-12D2HT I assumed you have from your post.

Difference between ASUS BC-12D2HT and asus bw-16d1ht. I know, one is reader, one is writer but other than that? What exactly crossflash gives me. And why error 5 coming up when i try to flash orginal firmware (but lower version). English is not my first language, so sorry for confusion.

Cross flashing this drive to 16D1HT was just a brute method to enable UHD friendlyness. To rip UHDs. You should flash the appropriate ASUS BC-12D2HT firmware as this firmware fits your drive and capabilities.

Cross flashing this drive to 16D1HT was just a brute method to enable UHD friendlyness. To rip UHDs. You should flash the appropriate ASUS BC-12D2HT firmware as this firmware fits your drive and capabilities.
And thats what i want to do, but Error Updating failure #5 in windows asus flasher is stopping me.

@TeddyRaspin ,

I think we have to unpin your post now. It's outdated and dangerous. However, thanks a bunch. I flashed my first drive following your instructions. But most people will not have the knowledge and the new ways are a lot easier and much safer.

Someone apparently took care of it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

And thats what i want to do, but Error Updating failure #5 in windows asus flasher is stopping me.

I have just used the firmware from the makemkv forum - link some pages before or in post #1 - and it worked for my Asus BC 12D2HT like a charm. I was using the BH14NS40_N1.00-A4_patched firmware programmer, switched off anydvd before starting it, choose the right firmware from the mk-firmware-pack-20200720 - which is 3.11, rebooted and worked fine.
You don't need to downgrade the firmware. If you are using the mk firmware, it will be the latest fw version 3.11.
Hope it helps...

Yep, I figured this would probably be the case. I do have a WH16NS40 (NS40) 1.02 firmware bin direct from someone's drive (uncleaned) so this still has its calibration data.

I was hanging onto this for situations just like this. I simply didn't mention it as he said he was unable to do the DOSFLASH method.

Any chance you are willing to share that? I have 2 WH16NS40 drives that DVDFab turned into WH16NS60 drives and I need to revert to the original firmware.

Why are you using this old thread instead of opening a new one?

Here is information how to flash your drives:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/guide-for-flashing-uhd-drives-for-anydvd.79023/
Because my weird situation causes me to need bin file and this was the thread where mentioned it. I have tried all the dumping and reflash technics. I just need someone else's bin file off the same model. I will look at the thread you shared though. Basically, DVDFab turned my WH16NS40 drives with 1.04 firmware into WH16NS60 drives with their UHD Drive Tool back in 2018 or 2019 when I bought them to make them UHD compliant. I need to flash them back to a WH16NS40 but I need a .bin file of one because they identify themselves as WH16NS60. I know the are WH16NS40 models because I ma looking at the tag on the drive itself.

Last edited:
So go get the zip file that's linked to in the post he linked above and flash it. The zip file contains a large variety of firmware files.

So go get the zip file that's linked to in the post he linked above and flash it. The zip file contains a large variety of firmware files.
I am sorry, I must have missed it when I read through the 37 pages. I will look for it. Thanks. I am very new to this and I have been trying to fix this problem for the last 2 weeks. Thank you everyone for your help.

Back