• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[SOLVED] Knives Out UHD has Screen Pass protection

mbarnstijn

I know that this disc is not yet handled by AnyDVD. I thought I would post a log file here and now, in case that is useful in advance of decoding being added to the OPD. If log files are only useful AFTER AnyDVD can process a UHD disc, I'd like to know so that I don't waste anyone's time in future.

Cheers,

--michael

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.4.4_Info_F_KNIVES_OUT.ziplog
    3.7 MB · Views: 7
Guess you missed the this sticky https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/any...-discs-read-this-first-before-you-post.74937/ that's been there for nearly the past 2 years :p

What you can do however is use the parser tool from https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/list-of-uhds-currently-un-supported-in-anydvd.76597/ and report it there if the OPD ID you get is different from the one currently listed. As always, movies come in multiple versions. Just because you also have an UHD, doesn't mean the ID is the same.

If the title of the thread is to be believed, then a log file might be needed. So there's that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm very aware of the sticky. I posted the log file because the disc has Screen Pass protection. I also asked a question for RedFox tech support to clarify if a log file is useful even if the disc is not yet decoded. I will certainly never post a log file again if tech support tells us that the disc must be decoded first for the log file to contain any useful information for handling Screen Pass.

Screenpass (which it certainly is, with over 100 playlists with identical runtime) lies on top of the fact that it's an UHD title. Anydvd needs to be able to handle the UHD title itself first, before it can begin handling the screenpass. If it were a normal BD, then a logfile would be fine, the problem is however that it's not. It's an UHD title ;)

Not sure where you determined that Knives Out is screenpass on UHD, but, I see no evidence of that on the copy I just bought. Main playlist is 00000.mpls.

Not sure where you determined that Knives Out is screenpass on UHD, but, I see no evidence of that on the copy I just bought. Main playlist is 00000.mpls.

Recent release notes from the monkey indicate BD-J protections on Knives Out UHD for at least some versions.

Recent release notes from the monkey indicate BD-J protections on Knives Out UHD for at least some versions.

That's very interesting. My version that I just got at best buy today does not have it. Way to go with the consistency, Lions Gate! LMAO

I retract my previous screw you Lions Gate statement and issue a new screw you Lions Gate statement. The monkey didn't report this one correctly for me as being screen pass on the first try. It simply showed 00000.mpls as the right playlist. Which is not correct. Looks like the proper title for this one, at least my disc, is 00945.mpls. How fun! :D Sorry for the confusion. And wtf, monkey? LMAO Oh, right, this is why we use AnyDVD!!! :)

So, to get back to @mbarnstijn 's original question ....

If a UHD has ScreenPass is it necessary to wait for the UHD to be supported before posting a logfile for the ScreenPass to be addressed?

Or is a logfile made while the UHD is still unsupported, useful for ScreenPass resolution once the title is supported?

T

I know that this disc is not yet handled by AnyDVD. I thought I would post a log file here and now, in case that is useful in advance of decoding being added to the OPD. If log files are only useful AFTER AnyDVD can process a UHD disc, I'd like to know so that I don't waste anyone's time in future.

Cheers,

--michael

Michael,

It's very possible no one will know the answer to this until Midway or Knives Out are supported and the developers actually work with UHD ScreenPass.

So guess we'll have to wait and see.

T

So, to get back to @mbarnstijn 's original question ....

If a UHD has ScreenPass is it necessary to wait for the UHD to be supported before posting a logfile for the ScreenPass to be addressed?

Or is a logfile made while the UHD is still unsupported, useful for ScreenPass resolution once the title is supported?

T

Each version UHD will have a different key, and of course, a different screenpass fix, F You LionsGate. So is it really jumping the gun to post a log?

Each version UHD will have a different key, and of course, a different screenpass fix, F You LionsGate. So is it really jumping the gun to post a log?

Currently unknown.

I think this situation is so new even the developers are not sure yet.

They'll probably need time to work with it and, once familiar with the process, will let us know then.

T

From what I've seen on midway and knives out it's standard typical screen pass like you'd find on many blurays. Once the key us known it's possible anydvd will already handle this screen pass variant. If not a new log will need to be generated once the title key is known so a fix can be added.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yea, once the title is supported by AnyDVD for decryption, then we can worry about whether screen pass support needs to be updated. If so, THEN a log is warranted.

Yea, once the title is supported by AnyDVD for decryption, then we can worry about whether screen pass support needs to be updated. If so, THEN a log is warranted.

It's pretty much a given it's not needed yet.

The more interesting question is if it's even valid if generated before the title is supported.

Looks like you're saying no, you would need to create a new logfile after the key is in the OPD.

T

made a new account for this (needed to go to another step to separate this from my previous forum account, refox can probably figure my previous pseudonym or just ask)

been digging into this manually. playlist 00006 is the bad playlist and it has size 202 bytes.

in jar 30001.jar ther are 2 files that check if a specific file is 202 bytes.

aa.class and rf.class.

if one binary edits (jbe) those 2 classes to change the 202 to 1952 (size of playlist 000945, the correct one) and copies playlist 00945 over 00006 one can conceivably get it to play. At least I was able to get it to play in vlc which perhaps ignores the pki security. I tried building a new set of pki (ala https://github.com/oliverlietz/bd-j/tree/master/DiscCreationTools/net.java.bd.tools.security, which was complicated, seems java8 doesn't play nice with it anymore, but I was able to get it to all work with java7), but for my oppo clone player, it would just hang on startup. and that's where I'm stuck.

if any redfox devs want to teach me about what I'm doing wrong I'd be more than happy to learn, but I also figure that this is part of their secret sauce and perhaps not something they can share.

Disc is now supported. It's not being recognized as screen pass even though the message:

"Sony structural BD-J protection removed!" is being displayed. It's not showing the correct title, and CloneBD selects wrong. Yes this log is from a mounted protected ISO. If you need it from the actual disc I will get off my ass and throw the disc in.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.7.2_Info_H_KNIVES_OUT_24A0A9E6_569AF0C4.ziplog
    4.4 MB · Views: 7
Back