• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[SOLVED] Midway (2019) ScreenPass Protection

that's why I was confused because it stopped me at UHD I wouldn't expect it there for about a year and a half ago I read on the Internet that UHD would not have a screenpass

that proves only that you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. Just because some random person sais so, doesn't make it true.

that's why I was confused because it stopped me at UHD I wouldn't expect it there for about a year and a half ago I read on the Internet that UHD would not have a screenpass
This is the first title to have it. OT, it looks like BD+ really won't make it to UHD.

Yea this is new for UHD. I suspect it won't be "new" for long, however.
This is to be feared. Another new way to prevent or make private backup copies difficult.

This is the first title to have it. OT, it looks like BD+ really won't make it to UHD.

I thought it was decided that BD+ was dead? :) Stop trying to resurrect it already! :p :D (Seriously, this is a good thing...although one could argue that AACS 2.1 is similar enough in principal to BD+ that it mostly replaces it....)

This is to be feared. Another new way to prevent or make private backup copies difficult.

Screen pass is more annoying than effective. Yes, it can take time to deal with if you don't have something like AnyDVD pointing you in the right direction. But it's not impossible.

Same as Knives Out. Detecting Sony BD-J protection, but, not showing me the correct playlist, and once again, CloneBD is selecting the wrong one. Another one where I'm too lazy to grab the disc off the shelf so I used my protected ISO, but, if you need a log from the disc just yell.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.7.2_Info_H_MIDWAY_C33B8F83_E794C1A3.ziplog
    4.3 MB · Views: 6
Same as Knives Out. Detecting Sony BD-J protection, but, not showing me the correct playlist, and once again, CloneBD is selecting the wrong one. Another one where I'm too lazy to grab the disc off the shelf so I used my protected ISO, but, if you need a log from the disc just yell.
Good man, thanks for doing this. As with Knives Out, I am happy to provide another log.

@jayper, if your new log file for this Midway UHD disc has the same OPD id as @SamuriHL's (it's also in the name of the log file, once the disc is decrypting properly), then there's no need to post a log file.

But, if it's a different OPD id, then absolutely you should post your log file, since your disc will certainly have a different Screen Pass encoding.

@jayper, if your new log file for this Midway UHD disc has the same OPD id as @SamuriHL's (it's also in the name of the log file, once the disc is decrypting properly), then there's no need to post a log file.

But, if it's a different OPD id, then absolutely you should post your log file, since your disc will certainly have a different Screen Pass encoding.
Thanks for the tip! I just double-checked, my disc does have the same OPD.

So if I have the same OPD & I have it saved as a protected .iso can I just rip as an unprotected .iso from the protected .iso without having to use CloneBD? It should be faster since I have the protected .iso on my computer already.
I’d prefer not to have to use CloneBD.

If the disc is supported, yes. Just mount the iso in your mounting tool of choice. Start the ripper, point it to the virtual drive and rip away...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

So if I have the same OPD & I have it saved as a protected .iso can I just rip as an unprotected .iso from the protected .iso without having to use CloneBD? It should be faster since I have the protected .iso on my computer already.
I’d prefer not to have to use CloneBD.
If the disc is supported, yes. Just mount the iso in your mounting tool of choice. Start the ripper, point it to the virtual drive and rip away...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, but if you're referring to Midway or Knives Out UHDs, make sure the ScreenPass issues have been cleared up before making an unprotected .iso.

Or you'll have to re-make it once all that is resolved.

T

Correct. It is a protected .iso of Midway 4k UHD. It has the same OPD as SamuraiHL. Can I make an unprotected .iso of it now from the protected .iso without having to go through CloneBD. It does decrypt correctly with AnyDVD.

When I opened CloneBD with the protected .iso it looks I think it chose the wrong playlist.

Also in the status window of AnyDVD it doesn’t show a good playlist.

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought it said if you have the same OPD that the screen pass had been resolved. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Last edited:
I've not tested my ISO's yet so I don't know if they fixed the issue or not. I'm in the middle of ripping Wall-E so it'll have to wait for a bit.

I tried to play my copy of Midway (same version as SamuriHL's) in PDVD, but all I got was a blank screen :=( ....

T

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought it said if you have the same OPD that the screen pass had been resolved. Sorry if I misunderstood.

I don't think it's been determined yet whether ScreenPass is resolved for those titles...

T

It has now been determined. It has not been resolved. :)

Back