• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[SOLVED] Midway (2019) ScreenPass Protection

Balthazar2k4

Anyone have any ideas what the correct playlist is for Midway (2019)? This is the first UHD disc with ScreenPass protection.

Anyone have any ideas what the correct playlist is for Midway (2019)? This is the first UHD disc with ScreenPass protection.
Please post an AnyDVD logfile.

Tried it myself. Server confirms size issue, file is only 3.5MB. Perhaps size cap needs to be adjusted

@Balthazar2k4

Please try again, upload limit has been increased now.

Indeed, after a PHP upgrade last week some values have been set to defaults. Fixed.

:bowdown:

Last edited:
Now it's a question of is this actually Screenpass or something else? It certainly would be the first report of Screenpass on an uhd if I remember correctly

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Please see attached logfile.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.4.0_Info_E_MIDWAY.ziplog
    3.5 MB · Views: 16
Given the number of playlists and the fact that the monkey sent out an email about it, yes, this is a screen pass protected title and the first uhd to have that honor.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

For the hell of it, I downloaded the DVDfab trial and it identified playlist 504. Just an FYI.

I did a quick spot check of the resulting UHD MKV using playlist 504 against the standard BD and it appears to be correct.

Not really - quite possible, that AnyDVD would handle this Screen Pass, if only it could decrypt the disc ;)
I hate it when that happens. Damn title keys hiding again!

i am very confused about this thread this is UHD? or standard BLU-RAY DISC? :D

Well it is in the uhd section of the forum so what does that tell you?

it should be UHD but you already have a screenpass?

I'm not following what you're asking. "have a screenpass?" This UHD, Midway (2019), is the first UHD to contain the screen pass protection. That is where there are hundreds of fake playlists and when the AACS protection is removed, the screen pass BD Java routine returns the incorrect playlist for the title. As such, the BD Java code on the disc needs to be patched so that it returns the correct playlist. However, this is a moot point until the AACS protection can be removed by AnyDVD. Until that happens, we don't know if AnyDVD can remove the screen pass protection correctly or not. If not, the OPD will have to be updated to handle this disc. So we're in a waiting game for the OPD to get the title key for this disc before we can test it against the screen pass protection. This protection has been around for a long time on blu-ray, but, this is the first time we've seen it on UHD.

yes at BLU-RAY this protection has been for many years with UHD it surprised me enough thank you for the explanation

Yea this is new for UHD. I suspect it won't be "new" for long, however.

Back