• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Terminator Dark fate issues

Hey guys,

The great advice you gave me about saving as an iso titles not unecrpted yet is underway.

However, should I and what is the purpose for UHD rips in ticking off save a .dvd file?

Also since the disk has not be decrypted I am saving it with keep protection ticked, right?

Thanks, you all rock !

Hey again guys, when ripping a UHD that isnt in anydvds database yet, should the iso be made with the keeo protection for blu ray ticked or unticked ?

Learning alot from you guys and again MUCH appreciated

You have to keep protection because being the title is still unsupported, it's not possible for protection to be removed.

So keep that option on Rip-To-Image checked -- especially for unsupported UHDs..

T

And you don't need to create a dvd file. The protected iso is enough. Personally once they are supported I mount the protected iso and run it through clonebd to create a lossless mkv keeping only the streams you want. Clonebd is free to use for this purpose. The you can watch them with mpc hc no problem. I'm hoping you're using lav filters with madvr if you're using that for playback. There are test builds of madvr that are incredible at dynamic tone mapping. Of course with a machine like that you'll have a lot of media. This is why some of us use jriver mc. It'll build you a library of all your media and even supports menus on mounted iso or original discs with anydvd running. It also uses lav and madvr for high quality.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

However, should I and what is the purpose for UHD rips in ticking off save a .dvd file?

I don't know what the purpose is but I always leave that unchecked.

Even when ripping regular Blu-Ray to Image.

As SamuriHL says, it's not needed.

T

It's something from the old days. It's a misnomer that it says dvd as it can be useful for other image types but it's not needed for what we're doing.

Hey guys, learned alot here.

I realize I cannot burn a 90GB rip to a 100GB media and expect it to play on my sony 700 UHD player as it will only see the first 2 layers up to 66gb.

My question is this, what software should I use to record onto 50GB disks?

Will the compression be really noticeable from a UHD rip into something maybe half its size? Would it be comparable to a run of the mill blu ray and not UHD?

And just for a laugh do you think there will ever be 8k movies on disk?

Thanks guys!

Clonebd hands down. It's very good and will do what you need.

Hey guys, learned alot here.

I realize I cannot burn a 90GB rip to a 100GB media and expect it to play on my sony 700 UHD player as it will only see the first 2 layers up to 66gb.
I would suggest then getting a better UHD player.

My Panasonic DMP-UB900 plays all my burnt 100 GB & 128 GB media just fine & has since day 1. Several of our burners work on both types media but lately my preferred one is our LG WH16NS48. Sony-NQ1-001 &clear1x1.gif Sony 128GB XDCAM Professional Archival Disc Quad Layer PFD-128QLW both which have been available to OEM's & the public for quite some time.

In case the usual misinformed, uneducated, non-technical naysayers wish to argue with me; please go elsewhere.
Those of us that have been doing mods, assembly language programming, designing our own drivers, etc. for DECADES since the 70's have just a wee bit more knowledge than you & sick n tired of hearing your arguments. Just because you don't get deep into things like this doesn't make you know more than us that do dabble & have experimented for decades. :)

I would suggest then getting a better UHD player.

My Panasonic DMP-UB900 plays all my burnt 100 GB & 128 GB media just fine & has since day 1. Several of our burners work on both types media but lately my preferred one is our LG WH16NS48. Sony-NQ1-001 &View attachment 50305 Sony 128GB XDCAM Professional Archival Disc Quad Layer PFD-128QLW both which have been available to OEM's & the public for quite some time.

In case the usual misinformed, uneducated, non-technical naysayers wish to argue with me; please go elsewhere.
Those of us that have been doing mods, assembly language programming, designing our own drivers, etc. for DECADES since the 70's have just a wee bit more knowledge than you & sick n tired of hearing your arguments. Just because you don't get deep into things like this doesn't make you know more than us that do dabble & have experimented for decades. :)

So let me see if I read you correctly @eviltester .

I can rip a Store bought UHD movie, then burn it 1:1 onto a 100gb BDXL disk without comprression and then this disk would play on a Panasonic DMP-UB900 (If still available) but will not play on my just bought
Sony UBP-X700.

Did I get it right?

Is there a substitute for the Panasonic DMP-UB900 that does what this model did?

Thank you !

How do i know when it can be ripped?
You'll have to try this for yourself, perhaps once a week. I'm testing as often, as I run my machine and think for it. If the title works then for you, you can post it here.
I think the title will be supported soon. Good luck with this (y)
In a worse case there could be 2 different OPD for this title and you got the unsupported :(
I had this three times in the last month.
I hope that I'm wrong with this for your case.

kufo

So let me see if I read you correctly @eviltester .

I can rip a Store bought UHD movie, then burn it 1:1 onto a 100gb BDXL disk without comprression and then this disk would play on a Panasonic DMP-UB900 (If still available) but will not play on my just bought
Sony UBP-X700.

Did I get it right?

Is there a substitute for the Panasonic DMP-UB900 that does what this model did?

Thank you !
Yes, a 100GB BDXL disk you burn will play on many models of 4K/UHD capable players. Didn't know about yours until I checked their webpage.

According to Sony, and their manual on page 29 yours won't play BDXLs nor 3D discs (https://www.sony.ca/en/electronics/...u-ray-disc-players-recorders/ubp-x700/manuals).
Not sure if they have a firmware update for that yet but you can always ask at their support page. The DMP-UB900 is sold in different countries under different model numbers but with same features just the name changes.

I believe that there are Redfox staff members that own the DMP-900 & other models & can check with theirs & test as well.

I don't remember the movie(s), but on other forums I have read iirc there was a recently done commercial UHD movie that takes up ~83 GB of space on the disc. Still searching for the name of that movie (very recent popular one).
I am not sure iirc if the size was the movie itself or total disc size with all the extra content. If anyone else comes across this info please do let us all know the movie name :)

Last edited:
Yes, a 100GB BDXL disk you burn will play on many models of 4K/UHD capable players. Didn't know about yours until I checked their webpage.

According to Sony, and their manual on page 29 yours won't play BDXLs nor 3D discs (https://www.sony.ca/en/electronics/...u-ray-disc-players-recorders/ubp-x700/manuals).
Not sure if they have a firmware update for that yet but you can always ask at their support page. The DMP-UB900 is sold in different countries under different model numbers but with same features just the name changes.

I believe that there are Redfox staff members that own the DMP-900 & other models & can check with theirs & test as well.

I don't remember the movie(s), but on other forums I have read iirc there was a recently done commercial UHD movie that takes up ~83 GB of space on the disc. Still searching for the name of that movie (very recent popular one).
I am not sure iirc if the size was the movie itself or total disc size with all the extra content. If anyone else comes across this info please do let us all know the movie name :)

@eviltester Thank you.

Can you recommend a UHD player that will play an 80+ GB BDXL created disk?

The Panasonic you reference is not available on Amazon it seems.

I will return the Sony I bought as I do not think they'll be patching their firmware to make it bdxl compatible

Thanks again !

Laut Sony und dem Handbuch auf Seite 29 können Sie weder BDXLs noch 3D-Discs abspielen
This not the whole truth... See picture below:

post.jpg

3D cannot be played until Dolby Vision is activated. This is not technically necessary either.
The information is correct for BD XL with more than 2 recorded layers.
My experiences with Panasonic and burned UHD media are unfortunately not good. Both the 824 and 9004 failed.
At these high prices, I would have expected more.
The Sony 700 is a clear price / performance winner.

As far as I know there is only one Panasonic that can handle BDXL 100 discs burnt. I have to check the model. As kufo mentioned some Panasonic players however are lousy readers for burnt discs. All other ones can read commercial discs that are bigger than 50 GB because they manage it to put e.g. 84 GB on only three layers. So it should be distinguished between burnt discs and commercial (pressed) discs. The data size is not the point. Actually UB-900 seems to be the model to support BDXL discs.

@eviltester Thank you.

Can you recommend a UHD player that will play an 80+ GB BDXL created disk?

The Panasonic you reference is not available on Amazon it seems.

I will return the Sony I bought as I do not think they'll be patching their firmware to make it bdxl compatible

Thanks again !
When I checked Amazon.com & Amazon.ca, both had the DMP-UB900 & the newer Panasonic DP-UB9000.
https://www.techradar.com/reviews/hands-on-panasonic-dp-ub9000-review
https://www.techhive.com/article/3386558/panasonic-dp-ub9000-review.html

So far from what I have read on reviews, it is their newest flagship & plays all the newer HDR formats plus Dolby Vision.
If you do decide to buy one on Amazon, please ensure the one you get matches what is listed on the Panasonic website. I got a remote, batteries, HDMI cable & 2 UHD movies for free included.

Perhaps this one can't be comoared with the model in my country. The 9000 is not to buy here. There is a 9004 and it us only good for playing originals.
With it's about 1000€ I would have expected more.
May be that the model numbers are not international. Until now I thought so. Also may be that this model from Pana, shows an other behavior in playback. I don't know.
Seems like I compared apples with pears :unsure:

It's something from the old days. It's a misnomer that it says dvd as it can be useful for other image types but it's not needed for what we're doing.

IIRC the option calculates a file hash during writing. Can be useful in some situations.

IIRC the option calculates a file hash during writing. Can be useful in some situations.

Oh that's right! Now I remember. Yea, that can be useful for some things but the majority of the time people don't need it.

Oh that's right! Now I remember. Yea, that can be useful for some things but the majority of the time people don't need it.
True. But the additional file(s) are so tiny, it shouldn't hurt to create them, even if they aren't needed right away.

Back