• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

MP4 Movies will not open up in Itunes

hughes1724

I cannot get the movies to open up in Itunes on a gateway with windows vista premium. I keep getting an error message that says:

Error: 2002 a bad public movie atom was found in the movie.

I have another computer with vista on it and it doesn't have any problem converting the movies but it is vista home basic.

Please help:confused:

I cannot get the movies to open up in Itunes on a gateway with windows vista premium. I keep getting an error message that says:

Error: 2002 a bad public movie atom was found in the movie.

I have another computer with vista on it and it doesn't have any problem converting the movies but it is vista home basic.

Please help:confused:

Go to the blog of W. Jarrett Campbell and he has an entry HOWTO: Fix the "Error - 2002: a bad public movie atom was found in the movie" problem with mp4 video in iTunes / Quicktime on Vista concerning this topic. Credit for this goes to W. Jarrett Campbell.

Apparently this is an issue when Windows Vista, iTunes & QuickTime are used. Presumably it's an issue with reading ID3 tags in MP4 files.

The workaround:

W. Jarrett Campbell said:
Step 1: Grab the Tagger software (and make sure you have a current JRE installed)

Step 2: After unzipping/untarring the software, double-click on the executable JAR file "tagger.jar"

Step 3: Use the "File | Open" menu option to open the MP4 you are having trouble importing into iTunes.

Step 4: Edit one or more of the tags using the Tagger software and click SAVE.

Step 5: After Tagger finishes writing the new file with the new tags, add the file to iTunes like you normally would.

Note: If you wish to download the Tagger software please visit the blog that I linked to. I didn't include URLs in this posting other than the one pointing to the blog entry itself.

See if it works.

Last edited:
Back