• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping problems

kryten_2x4b

I have a copy of Superman Returns on blu ray. I put it in my Pioneer BDC202 and use AnyDVDHD to rip it to the hard drive, and 90mins later it's done. The question is: How do I play it?
Also I seemed to have spent too much money buying Intervideo DVD8 HD BD software for it to not play the blu ray disc at all...
Any suggestions?
Does AnyDVD strip the HDCP:confused:? Or if you have a normal monitor will it play back the blu ray disc or not?

not sure what country you are in but in the UK that drive comes with a Blu-ray version of powerdvd free. Windvd is pretty crap and they havn't really updated it's support in ages.

I am in the UK, the drive came with no software. I saw that the Power DVD software for HD/BD is $100, which is a bit steep? Will this play the ripped BD content from the HDD? Will I need a HD compliant monitor/tv to view either the disc of the hdd content?

Where did you get it from as the ones we get in have all come with a cyberlink disc with a blu-ray version of Powerdvd. Also didn't think they'd released any version of WinDVD for blu-ray other than the original one in Japan that was released months ago and never updated

I thought I'd have a look around 'tinternet for a player (i got the drive on ebay - it was cheap) and i heard about the intervideo was the one that played hd/bd so i went onto their web site and brought a copy - it was $70+vat which is a bit steep, and at first it didn't activate, then this morning it activated but now it won't play the bd disc anyway, this maybe because even though i have a 8500 gts card with dual dvi, i don't have a hd monitor so have got one of those dvi to dvi/vga splitters from one of my dell pcs.

Do you have a link, as the only one I can see doesn't play back Blu-ray, (needs a plugin and states "To be purchased separately. Available soon - check back often!")

I'll stick with Powerdvd, plays back much more and has always been more reliable

i think we're all missing the point... how do i play the bd content any dvd put on the hard drive?

Well in Powerdvd you just tell it to 'Play movie from harddrive' and point it at the folder that contains the BDMV folder (for Blu-ray) and it just plays, I'd have to assume that Windvd has a button that does the same function, But as far as I'm aware most people don't use WinDVD due to it's lack of support.

I think that I lost out in the bd dtakes.... Does anyone have a coupon so that I am not wasting even more money.....

Back