• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Solved] No Sound

Andreask

Hello, I can't get any sound on my stand alone Oppo blue ray play after cloneBD version 1250. I do get sound with power DVD 15 on my laptop and it shows all the sound files even though only the English one is still present. My stand alone also shows all the sound files but no sound, even if the correct one is selected. Even if I don't convert the sound and use the original it still doesn't play on the stand alone. I'm fine using version 1250, it works great, and only shows the one remaining sound file, but I'd like to be able to update just in case. Hope the log file helps. Thanks

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.7.4.Motherless_Brooklyn.cbdlog
    799.2 KB · Views: 2
Is this only happening with a specific audio track on the Oppo, or are all audio tracks mute?

The behavior of TrueHD audio tracks changed after 1.2.5.0

Is this only happening with a specific audio track on the Oppo, or are all audio tracks mute?

The behavior of TrueHD audio tracks changed after 1.2.5.0

On the Oppo there is no audio at all. It also happens with DTS-HD. I believe the problem is that it still shows all the audio tracks even though it was encoded with only one. When I encode with version 1250 it only shows the one track.

Same on Sony 6500BD. PowerDVD 17 play sound but no stand alone player sound except at very beginning sometimes 1 second of sound and then silence. Firmware updated. Require new codec?

Same on Sony 6500BD. PowerDVD 17 play sound but no stand alone player sound except at very beginning sometimes 1 second of sound and then silence. Firmware updated. Require new codec?

Sounds like the same problem I'm having. Don't believe any updates to your PC are going to solve this. cloneBD isn't deleting empty audio tracks and that might be what's throwing off stand alone Blu Ray players. Until they fix it you can use version 1250, it still works well.

Sounds like the same problem I'm having. Don't believe any updates to your PC are going to solve this. cloneBD isn't deleting empty audio tracks and that might be what's throwing off stand alone Blu Ray players. Until they fix it you can use version 1250, it still works well.
Thanks will give it try. Hope CloneBD can fix this soon!

I want to get some order into this, there are a lot of important details missing.

• Are we talking about disc copy (or copy to ISO) or file copy (MKV w. lossless? lossy? audio)? Or both?
  • To be clear: you are all saying, this only came up after CloneBD 1.2.5.0? Meaning 1.2.5.0 is fine?
  • IF we're talking about ISOs or disc copies only: partial copies? complete copies? Both?
  • IF it's partial copies: keep original menu? Don't? Either way?
Without this information, I guess we'll get nowhere - I did a number of tests with different setups and conversion methods and came up with nothing so far.
LG doesn't seem to play truehd at all, unless from a disc.
Oppo plays everything and always, whatever I do.

cloneBD isn't deleting empty audio tracks and that might be what's throwing off stand alone Blu Ray players.
I don't see why. CloneBD leaves the empty ones in (only the entries, not the content), whenever the original menu is kept.
That is in fact the only possible way for the original menus to keep working, because they reference audio tracks by their position in the list (1, 2, 3, ....).

I want to get some order into this, there are a lot of important details missing.

• Are we talking about disc copy (or copy to ISO) or file copy (MKV w. lossless? lossy? audio)? Or both?
  • To be clear: you are all saying, this only came up after CloneBD 1.2.5.0? Meaning 1.2.5.0 is fine?
  • IF we're talking about ISOs or disc copies only: partial copies? complete copies? Both?
Without this information, I guess we'll get nowhere - I did a number of tests with different setups and conversion methods and came up with nothing so far.

I don't see why. CloneBD leaves the empty ones in (only the entries, not the content), whenever the original menu is kept.
That is in fact the only possible way for the original menus to keep working, because they reference audio tracks by their position in the list (1, 2, 3, ....).
Create ISO with AnyDVDHD then load into CloneBD to make partial copy with bonus features and original menu . Burn with IMGburn disc load in stand alone player (2 different Sony 6500 and LG610) always same result no sound on main movie but good sound on bonuses. Problems always on the Dolby tracks and true HD. Do not remember which version CloneBD but has been at least 6 months now. PowerDVD 17 always play disc ok. Strangely the audio track for visually impaired always plays ok. It is only main audio track on movie that doesn't play.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.7.2.ZOMBIELAND_DOUBLE_TAP.cbdlog
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

I'm talking about a disc copy, it happens with all versions after 1250. Here's a log file using 1281 of a disc copy uncompressed using the original DTS 1.0. The original disc has 4 audio tracks, I unchecked 3 of them but on play back with power DVD it still shows that the new copy still has all 4 tracks. With version 1250 it only shows the one remaining track, not all 4. Same thing with my Oppo, with 1250 it only shows one audio track and with the new versions it shows all the tracks and can't play any of them.. I don't believe the problem is with the audio file but the ghost tracks that is confusing the stand alone players. It does it with all audio track, DTS, TrueHD and LPCM.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.8.1.10 Rillington Place™.cbdlog
    129.6 KB · Views: 0

Don't know if this will be of any help but here is the same movie using version 1250 with the same setting and it only shows the one selected audio track, not all 4 like with every version after 1250.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.5.0.10 Rillington Place™.cbdlog
    129.7 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the update, was hoping this would fix the problem. Unfortunately all it's done on my end is change the empty audio folders in PowerDVD 15 from showing the original Spanish, French and so on to now showing up as English (United States) 1, 2, 3 and so on and on my Oppo all now show as 2/5 English DTS-HD MS, except the one with the audio showing as 1/5 English Dolby Digital. I guess for now I'm stuck using version 1250, it work fine with no empty folders. Here are some logs, don't know if they'll help. If there is anything I can do let me know.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.5.0.Richard Jewell.cbdlog
    265.8 KB · Views: 1
  • CloneBD.1.2.8.1.Richard Jewell.cbdlog
    265.2 KB · Views: 0
  • CloneBD.1.2.8.3.Richard Jewell.cbdlog
    265.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the update, was hoping this would fix the problem.
...and it should have. As it did when we tested it.
I was very puzzled, when I saw your post, but after some further digging, I found the cause: the fix doesn't work, when you're also downconverting audio.
We will fix that as well - but just to be sure, can you please try it again using original audio?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update, was hoping this would fix the problem. Unfortunately all it's done on my end is change the empty audio folders in PowerDVD 15 from showing the original Spanish, French and so on to now showing up as English (United States) 1, 2, 3 and so on and on my Oppo all now show as 2/5 English DTS-HD MS, except the one with the audio showing as 1/5 English Dolby Digital. I guess for now I'm stuck using version 1250, it work fine with no empty folders. Here are some logs, don't know if they'll help. If there is anything I can do let me know.
I can say that Andreask is correct I still have same problem.

Then please try the same test reto is suggesting.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

...and it should have. As it did when we tested it.
I was very puzzled, when I saw your post, but after some further digging, I found the cause: the fix doesn't work, when you're also downconverting audio.
We will fix that as well - but just to be sure, can you please try it again using original audio?
Tried this beta with original audio and was to make successful backup with audio on main movie. Previous betas with original audio was no sound on main movie. Thanks. Now I can focus on league bowling.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.8.3.Joker.cbdlog
    911 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the quick reply. When copying the move with the original audio no compression it works fine, only one audio file showing up in PowerDVD. Didn't try burning it to a BD-50. When using the same uncompressed setting but clicking to maintain the original menu you get multiple audio files in PowerDVD. Here is that log file. I'll try it next on a BD-25.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.8.3.Richard Jewell.cbdlog
    264.5 KB · Views: 0
Well this seems to clearly identify as downscaling audio to be the problem @Reto. Get to work ;)

Processed a BD-25 and when you maintain the original menu it shows the empty folders. Burned it to a disc and it played just fine on the Oppo player. Still shows all the empty folders but but it doesn't matter as long as the audio is uncompressed. So yes, what Ch3vron said. It will be nice to be able to update again, thanks.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.8.3.Navy Seals.cbdlog
    208.8 KB · Views: 0
Back