• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New Pioneer BDR-212UBK Internal Drive

Perhaps I should have written more clearly: I was only refering about reading UHD disc. Normal BD disc is no problem for most drives.
I´m really looking forward with yor progress in conecting your hardware. Good luck (y)

On top of that, official uhd drives have a matching AACS 2.1 drive host certificate, without such a certificate anydvd can't properly decrypt uhd discs (AACS 2.0 or 2.1) on such drives. And until one leaks or the protection itself is fully cracked, friendly models are the only option.

This is a drive/host certificate problem. Then there's also that fact that drive manufacturers also issued firmware updates for friendly models under the guise of 'uhd optimization' or something else. In reality they closed that loophole anydvd uses, which forced users with such firmwares to downgrade.

Users have a right to backup their purchases, but everyone other factor involved don't want you do to that and will do everything they can to stop you.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I USE THE UBK 211 AND CANNOT SAY NEGATIVELY WITH PDVD, IT DOES IT WORK AS IT IS.
To do this, however, all the requirements must be met that are required with the Cyberlink UHDBD advisor. It can also become unstable with any new driver that is installed. Then it would be better to copy the disc with a friendly drive and play it with a media player, there is no need to run an additional PC.

You will not regret to buy a friendly drive in addition at about $80 given all advantages you would have. And considering how much money you already spent on your rig to be UHD compatible.

Please don't be stubborn! AnyDVD is using a "backdoor" with the friendky drives. The industry noticed and didn't like that. Therefore it is not easy to circumvent this copy protection. Your drive is an official drive and is only supposed to work in the protected environment defined by the Cyberlink check. So don't blame AnyDVD but the industry.
My apologies CooperVid I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I appreciate all the explanations. I will look into picking up a 2nd drive for ripping.

You will not regret to buy a friendly drive in addition at about $80 given all advantages you would have. And considering how much money you already spent on your rig to be UHD compatible.
Your right! I had an internal Asus DVD player ages ago and it worked well. Which would be better a better BR player, Asus or LG?

The hardware is identical. If you live in the US I would recommend an ASUS BW-16D1HT. The hardware compatible LG BH16NS55 is hard to get. That's the equivalent LG drive. Look what you can get. Both drives can be cross-flashed to each other. I prefer the ASUS firmware. But be aware! You have to flash both drives to a "friendly" firmware. Out of the box they are now unfriendly. But that process is just a matter of seconds and a reboot afterwards.

I don't know why you have a bad opinion of Pioneer. They make one of the best 4K players for a home theater system.
I made this statement in error. I was thinking of Panasonic's line of 4K players for home theaters.

No prob. Get your UHD friendly drive and then send a PM as said previously to receive directions for flashing friendly firmware. CU!

No prob. Get your UHD friendly drive and then send a PM as said previously to receive directions for flashing friendly firmware. CU!
I tried to send you a PM but keep getting an error. Try sending me a PM.
upload_2020-1-28_9-25-29.png

Perhaps I should have written more clearly: I was only refering about reading UHD disc. Normal BD disc is no problem for most drives.
I´m really looking forward with yor progress in conecting your hardware. Good luck (y)
I believe I finally have everything squared away. I was having inconsistent success playing 4K disks the past few days. I uninstalled the Intel 630 GPU driver and did a clean install. I then disabled my secondary Radeon RX580 GPU in Device Manager. This made the Intel 630 the proprietary GPU. When I launched PowerDVD v19.0 to play a 4K disk on my Sony Bravia, there was a brief message saying something needed to play was missing. PowerDVD proceeded to added some missing piece and viola, I can now play 4K disks with my Pioneer BDR-212UBK. I will be installing a friendly ASUS BD-ROM shortly.

Last edited:
I just sent him a PM. Are you able to sent a PM to an other member?
I can PM you. It won't let me follow him either. I was able to follow Dave088, Redfox Moderator.

If you want to ask coopervid for any advice, you can write it here. I will submit it to him in my existing conversation.

Last edited:
If you want to ask coopervid fir any advice, you can write it here. I will submit it to him in my existing conversation.
Thanks! I was just looking for the sequence of steps to perform the flashing procedure.

Also, if you are just playing the movie, what do you need AnyDVD running for??

???? So many reasons. Ability to use whatever player you want. Ability to get access to full quality audio without downgrading if you don't go through PAP nonsense. Ability to play on older TVs without latest HDCP. Ability to play on a PC that doesn't have all the newest nonsense chipsets and OS versions that are required for official UHD playback.

???? So many reasons. Ability to use whatever player you want. Ability to get access to full quality audio without downgrading if you don't go through PAP nonsense. Ability to play on older TVs without latest HDCP. Ability to play on a PC that doesn't have all the newest nonsense chipsets and OS versions that are required for official UHD playback.
... subtitle placement & transparency. :)

Back