• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Region Code on ANYDVD ripped file structure

Bobby Burgess

Hey team.
I was out of the country and bought a couple of blu-rays. Ripped using ANYDVD to file structures on a portable hard drive and left the discs with my buddy.
I burned a Blu-ray from that file structure but it retained the Region code (B). I imagine I had something wrong set on that computer's ANYDVD, but is there any way to remove that region code and create an un-region'ed file structure to burn?

Thanks

BTW, I have CloneBD if that helps.

Last edited:
Hey team.
I was out of the country and bought a couple of blu-rays. Ripped using ANYDVD to file structures on a portable hard drive and left the discs with my buddy.
I burned a Blu-ray from that file structure but it retained the Region code (B). I imagine I had something wrong set on that computer's ANYDVD, but is there any way to remove that region code and create an un-region'ed file structure to burn?

Thanks

BTW, I have CloneBD if that helps.
Sure. Enable region code removal in AnyDVD and rip again. Hint: And rip to iso. Always rip to iso.

Sure. Enable region code removal in AnyDVD and rip again. Hint: And rip to iso. Always rip to iso.

I haven’t heard that one. Why always rip to ISO? Does it not remove the region lock properly with file structure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It does, but ripping to file structure loses disc layout optimizations. If for example screenpass protection wasn't properly removed on a protected iso, it can be fixed later by simply mounting the ISO and redoing the decryption, if it were a 3D disc ripping to folders would double the folder size, IF something somehow went wrong during ripping to folder and you only find that out later the damage is done. AnyDVD cant process folder structures on the fly...

and that's just some of the reasons

It does, but ripping to file structure loses disc layout optimizations. If for example screenpass protection wasn't properly removed on a protected iso, it can be fixed later by simply mounting the ISO and redoing the decryption, if it were a 3D disc ripping to folders would double the folder size, IF something somehow went wrong during ripping to folder and you only find that out later the damage is done. AnyDVD cant process folder structures on the fly...

and that's just some of the reasons

Wow that all sounds like incredibly important reasons. Guess it’s time to alter my ripping practices

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back