• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows protected your PC w/ AnyDVD v8.4.4.1

TheEmpathicEar

I never got this before when installing AnyDVD? Is Microsoft up to something?

Did you actually read the changelog notes? https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-hd-8-4-4-1-beta.78058/

8.4.4.1 2020 01 23
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new discs
- New (DVD): Support for new discs

The setup file is *not* signed.

Which is why James posted the hashes so you can verify. The installer certificate needs renewing. If you don't want to install it unsigned. Wait for the next build

Ah, I did not make the connection between "unsigned" and the resulting message.

Would the installer being unsigned cause browsers like Firefox and Chrome to report that "The file is not commonly downloaded" when you download it? Chrome offers the option to keep the file regardless of this error. It also calls the file dangerous, which is why I'm guessing the installer being unsigned is causing this error I've never seen before.

Thanks!

No, but think logically. How can it be a common (aka well known download) if the file didnt exist until a few hours ago ;-)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I've never seen that error before even with files that were just a few minutes "old." The only thing out of the ordinary was that it was an unsigned EXE.

If you don't want to install it unsigned. Wait for the next build

I realize you don't work for RedFox, you state that quite plainly. Many times on this forum you speak like you are in the know. Since you made the statement to wait for the next build, I was trying to determine if this was something you are in the know about or if you were speaking out of turn. I would imagine this is only something that James could comment on with authority.

Because it most likely will be, it was the last time this happened.

I realize you don't work for RedFox, you state that quite plainly. Many times on this forum you speak like you are in the know. Since you made the statement to wait for the next build, I was trying to determine if this was something you are in the know about or if you were speaking out of turn. I would imagine this is only something that James could comment on with authority.
Quite simple: If I have a valid cert for the next build, yes. Otherwise no.

Would the installer being unsigned cause browsers like Firefox and Chrome to report that "The file is not commonly downloaded" when you download it? Chrome offers the option to keep the file regardless of this error. It also calls the file dangerous, which is why I'm guessing the installer being unsigned is causing this error I've never seen before.

Thanks!

I think being unsigned does mean browsers are more suspicious about uncommon files.

And so are they now too, with the hashes.

Maybe not related or not but from my read of this it sounds more like a A/V block then a O/S issue caused. I recall seeing something like this if memory serves recalls is a A/V action. I've installed many AnyDVD HD updates and betas and haven't seen that happen in long long time.

Back