• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New Pioneer BDR-212UBK Internal Drive

MrFinch

I have installed this new Pioneer BDR-212UBK drive. System is up to date with the latest drivers and PowerDVD v19.0. I attempt to play Fast Five 4K and I read this in the AnyDVD Status window. Is this common information? I'm trying to get this working for the first time. I'm concerned about :
  1. Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set)
  2. Couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)
  3. ERROR processing Blu-ray disc
I'm using AnyDVD HD v8.4.4.0 (BDPHash.bin 19-09-17)

anyDVD AGID error_2.png

Last edited:
So? You didn't outline what you want to achieve. I have a bad feeling that you are one of those people "gimmie the answer, the question will follow".

I have installed this new Pioneer BDR-212UBK drive. System is up to date with the latest drivers and PowerDVD v19.0. I attempt to play Fast Five 4K and I read this in the AnyDVD Status window. Is this common information. I'm trying to get this working for the first time. I'm concerned about :
  1. Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set)
  2. Couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)
  3. ERROR processing Blu-ray disc
I'm using AnyDVD HD v8.4.4.0 (BDPHash.bin 19-09-17)

View attachment 50088
So? You didn't outline what you want to achieve. I have a bad feeling that you are one of those people "gimmie the answer, the question will follow".

He's trying to play the Fast Five UHD and it's apparently not working.

MrFinch, the first message is saying your Region is not yet set for the drive.

Not sure if that comes into play when playing UHDs (???). Maybe someone more knowledgable can clarify that.

I've seen the AGID message a lot with UHDs and it's usually not an issue - mine play even when I get that message.

But for me, I usually see it when I play an .iso, not so much with the UHD disc.

Try setting your drive's Region to see if that gets it to play.

T

AnyDVD will not work with a UHD BD drive. AnyDVD only works with "friendly" BDXL drives

20200119_010157.jpg

yes, you don't need AnyDVD to play.
But:
For playing with UHD BD drive and PDVD you need other requirements like a SGX board and other little things you can see with UHD BD Advisor

20200119_020009.jpg

yes, you don't need AnyDVD to play.
But:
For playing with UHD BD drive and PDVD you need other requirements like a SGX board and other little things you can see with UHD BD Advisor

See, Dave I have all that - but my recollection is that, to my surprise, I could not get PDVD to play my UHD's at all using an official UHD drive (and no AnyDVD ofc).

I wound up flashing it to friendly, ran AnyDVD, and have had no further worries.

I'd like to re-test that but I'm not about to flash back to the drive's original firmware any time soon (lol).

I guess I could be remembering wrong.

if that's the case, then all @MrFinch has to do is turn off AnyDVD and his UHD will play?

T

Thank you all for your contributions. I apologize for sounding somewhat vague with my explanation.

My question was "is the information shown in the status picture normal?".

Also, if you are just playing the movie, what do you need AnyDVD running for??
I mentioned this was my first experience with 4K disks and my new internal player. I thought I needed to have AnyDVD launched to remove encryption.

Besides trying to play the Fast Five disk I also want to copy it to my internal HHD library either with Clone BD or just ripping an ISO file but keeping it as 4K content.
IMO, it seems shortsighted by RedFox and AnyDVD for not supporting the Pioneer BDR-212UBK drive. Maybe they should consider support for this drive from this point forward.

Thank you all for your contributions. I apologize for sounding somewhat vague with my explanation.

I mentioned this was my first experience with 4K disks and my new internal player. I thought I needed to have AnyDVD launched to remove encryption.

Besides trying to play the Fast Five disk I also want to copy it to my internal HHD library either with Clone BD or just ripping an ISO file but keeping it as 4K content.
IMO, it seems shortsighted by RedFox and AnyDVD for not supporting the Pioneer BDR-212UBK drive. Maybe they should consider support for this drive from this point forward.
Shortsighted is "funny". UHD friendly drives just have an unintended behavior that the "industry" doesn't like and that was really not considered by the drive manufacturer to be used at any time.
There are programs that now can use so called "official UHD drives" but AnyDVD is stil limited to the "friendly drives". The Pioneers were never "friendly" and will most likely never be. In a nutshell - you need a drive that is friendly or can be converted to be friendly by flashing such firmware.

@MrFinch I agree with @coopervid .

It's not RedFox's choice but driven by the technology.

Certain drives that were never intended to play UHD have the unexpected benefit of allowing UHD play by taking advantage of a loophole, so to speak.

These are the UHD-"friendly" drives we speak of and they are a very narrow subset of the drives available out there.

Fortunately, some very inventive people found a way to flash firmware from those friendly drives onto official UHD drives so that they can be used by programs such as AnyDVD as well.

So if you want to use your Pioneer with AnyDVD to handle UHD, you'll have to change its firmware -- if that's possible for your drive.

T

Sorry -up to now there is no such firmware for Pioneer drives. It doesn't seem to be impossible but not until today.

Sorry -up to now there is no such firmware for Pioneer drives. It doesn't seem to be impossible but not until today.

Oh, snap.

That's unfortunate!

Guess I lucked out then when the official I picked was LG.

I had no knowledge of flashing but someone talked me through it. And it has served me well.

Sorry then @MrFinch . Looks like your drive, AnyDVD and UHD are not gonna get along.

But what happens when you turn AnyDVD off?

T

Pioneer is not the first choice for me in reading Disc. I prefer Asus or LG for this.
So I don't care about it's ability to read UHD Disc at all.
But the Pioneer is an excellent writer for this purpose.

My suggestion is to get a LG BH16NS55. This can be flashed to either be a friendly LG drive or cross-flashed to be a friendly ASUS drive. After receipt of the drive post here or send a PM to kufo or myself how and what to flash.

If you want to make disc backups you should keep the Pioneer for that. The LG / ASUS drives are lousy burners especially for BD50.

My suggestion is to get a LG BH16NS55. This can be flashed to either be a friendly LG drive or cross-flashed to be a friendly ASUS drive. After receipt of the drive post here or send a PM to kufo or myself how and what to flash.

If you want to make disc backups you should keep the Pioneer for that. The LG / ASUS drives are lousy burners especially for BD50.
I would definitely need help with the flashing procedure. Thanks for the offer. I'm a bit disgusted that I purchased an excellent 4K drive that doesn't work with AnyDVD. I still don't understand why Any DVD won't work with this drive that is designed to play 4K disks out of the box and allow me to copy my 4K collection to my internal HDD. I would think this is could be resolved with new coding in the AnyDVD software. The Pioneer drive and AnyDVD works fine with regular Blu-ray disks.

Pioneer is not the first choice for me in reading Disc. I prefer Asus or LG for this.
So I don't care about it's ability to read UHD Disc at all.
But the Pioneer is an excellent writer for this purpose.
I don't know why you have a bad opinion of Pioneer. They make one of the best 4K players for a home theater system. When I get this working I will be able to better evaluate the drive.

After being in touch with Intel to confirm that my i5 CPU was in fact compatible and able to play 4K media I now have the correct drivers installed for the CPU and Asrock Z370 Killer SLI/ac MB. I also have new fiber HDMI cable arriving tomorrow to connect my PC to my Sony Bravia A1E. I also have to get back with Cyberlink with some info as well. I will keep this updated as I make forward progress.

Ich weiß nicht, warum Sie eine schlechte Meinung über Pioneer haben.
I tried this many times and allways got bad results with Pioneer in reading. Perhaps this is coincidence, but there is no need for me to rip with my Pioneer drive. I also have Asus and LG.I consider they do a better job in this case.

I'm a bit disgusted that I purchased an excellent 4K drive that doesn't work with AnyDVD. I still don't understand why Any DVD won't work with this drive that is designed to play 4K disks out of the box and allow me to copy my 4K collection to my internal HDD. I would think this is could be resolved with new coding in the AnyDVD software. The Pioneer drive and AnyDVD works fine with regular Blu-ray disks.
Please don't be stubborn! AnyDVD is using a "backdoor" with the friendky drives. The industry noticed and didn't like that. Therefore it is not easy to circumvent this copy protection. Your drive is an official drive and is only supposed to work in the protected environment defined by the Cyberlink check. So don't blame AnyDVD but the industry.

Back