• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Troubles ripping The Office (US)

kaypauld

Howdy,
I'm trying to rip The Office on to my computer for easier access, but it's going ridiculously slow and ends up spitting an error after about an hour; something about repairing damaged framework or something. Checking the output folder, I am getting some usable video, but it appears to be mostly deleted scenes and other bonus features, no actual episodes. This was for The Office (US) Season One Disc. I'll try it again and give some more details on the errors, and I'll try with some other discs and post under this thread as I go along.
Thanks!

Howdy,
I'm trying to rip The Office on to my computer for easier access, but it's going ridiculously slow and ends up spitting an error after about an hour; something about repairing damaged framework or something. Checking the output folder, I am getting some usable video, but it appears to be mostly deleted scenes and other bonus features, no actual episodes. This was for The Office (US) Season One Disc. I'll try it again and give some more details on the errors, and I'll try with some other discs and post under this thread as I go along.
Thanks!
Exact error messages and an AnyDVD log would be the most useful.

As soon as I put in the disc I get an error saying "WARNING: AnyDVD is unable to crack all CSS Keys on this disc! AnyDVD will guess the correct CSS Key, but it is possible, that one or more titles on this disc will not play correctly. You can check the AnyDVD CSS key archive from the AnyDVD settings window. NOTE: To avoid this message in the future, you should set your drive region code to match the region of this disc."
I also attached the logfile to this post.
Thanks and Ciao!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.2.0_Info_D_OFFICE.ziplog
    176.1 KB · Views: 2
Well i'd start by doing what the warning message sais. By setting your drive region

From the logfile:

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: DVD-ROM

Exit anydvd completely, then go into windows device manager and set your drive's hardware region. Then try again.

Hi all!
I followed the advice of the gallant Ch3vr0n and set my disc drive's region to the United States and tried to rip once again to no avail, but we got a different error message which is a win in my book. The error message said as follows: "PS 10 VOBU 4 51353 136 Clone 6" which is absolute gibberish to me. This was after ~15 minutes and the AnyDVD interface said it was "Repairing defective DVD structure..." and ended at 40% completion. Attached are some logfiles. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions or solutions to my issues.
Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.4.0_Info_D_OFFICE.ziplog
    161.9 KB · Views: 2
Hi all!
I followed the advice of the gallant Ch3vr0n and set my disc drive's region to the United States and tried to rip once again to no avail, but we got a different error message which is a win in my book. The error message said as follows: "PS 10 VOBU 4 51353 136 Clone 6" which is absolute gibberish to me. This was after ~15 minutes and the AnyDVD interface said it was "Repairing defective DVD structure..." and ended at 40% completion. Attached are some logfiles. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions or solutions to my issues.
Thanks!
Please try to set AI scanner to "always enabled" for this disc.

Thanks James, I tried this out but again I was unable to get a file. This time an error appeared saying "FileIO 3 VTS_04_1.VOB 96886784 360448" Attached is a recent logfile in case that helps you out at all. Thank you.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.4.0_Info_D_OFFICE.ziplog
    161.9 KB · Views: 1
Thanks James, I tried this out but again I was unable to get a file. This time an error appeared saying "FileIO 3 VTS_04_1.VOB 96886784 360448" Attached is a recent logfile in case that helps you out at all. Thank you.
Your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.

EDIT: You might get a partial copy by deselecting titles 6, 11 and 16 in CloneDVD.

Thanks James! Is there any way to tell weather the drive is dirty or defective to know if I need to clean it or buy a new one? If it is dirty, how and what do I clean?

Yes, insert another disc. if the drive reads other discs just fine, the drive is fine and the disc is the problem.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back