• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

List of UHDs currently UN-supported in AnyDVD

Stupid question time. Did you read the disc with makemkv and then, without ejecting it, try to read it with anydvd?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
SamuriHL,

did you have any specific discs that worked that way? Usually I try both AnyDVD and Makemkv and Makemkv is most of the times earlier to decrypt the disc. But I have never seen that AnyDVD was earlier - so this combination would be news to me to try.

...and a second thougt. How about DVDFab? Any effect opening the disc with Makemkv before starting that software you can report?

Um, no idea what you're saying there but I was asking a VERY specific question, not talking about anything other than that.

Um, no idea what you're saying there but I was asking a VERY specific question, not talking about anything other than that.
So - why were you asking this question? Out of the blue or for a specific reason? You sound like the Delphi oracle... :love:

So - why were you asking this question? Out of the blue or for a specific reason? You sound like the Delphi oracle... :love:

It wasn't asked of you. It was asked of the person who's having issues with a specific drive not working the way it's supposed to. It has nothing to do at all with what you posted.

No question is a stupid question :).

I have tried multiple combinations. Firstly I used anydvd without have used makemkv on the disc first. So I had anydvd running and then inserted the disc. That is what happened when I created the log file above.

then I closed anydvd and I opened makemkv with and without ejecting the disc in between. Both tiles make mkv could read and decrypt the disc.

I then also ran makemkv to decrypt the disc and then quit makemkv and ran anydvd. Again the same error with anydvd.

would you suggest anything else ? Seems so strange to me.

I do notice that the drive takes a long long time with the light flashing before it actually starts to read the disc.

I'm not entirely sure on this one. What I was asking about is that MakeMKV puts the drive in LibreDrive mode and I wasn't entirely sure if it was causing issues with AnyDVD seeing the drive as a UHD drive. But once you eject the disc, LibreDrive mode goes away so AnyDVD should work normally at that point. Honestly, I'd uninstall AnyDVD, restart the machine, and reinstall AnyDVD, reboot AGAIN, and see if the problem goes away. I've never seen an issue like this, either, and I own that drive and use it with both AnyDVD and MakeMKV. Very strange! Let me know if this helps or not.

I'm not entirely sure on this one. What I was asking about is that MakeMKV puts the drive in LibreDrive mode and I wasn't entirely sure if it was causing issues with AnyDVD seeing the drive as a UHD drive. But once you eject the disc, LibreDrive mode goes away so AnyDVD should work normally at that point. Honestly, I'd uninstall AnyDVD, restart the machine, and reinstall AnyDVD, reboot AGAIN, and see if the problem goes away. I've never seen an issue like this, either, and I own that drive and use it with both AnyDVD and MakeMKV. Very strange! Let me know if this helps or not.

Sorry SamuriHL,

I was on the wrong track triggered by your answer. It sounded you might have found a new "trick" with a specific sequence of using Makemkv before using other programs since Makemkv bypasses bus encryption.

No, just trying to explore an avenue that had potential to maybe cause an issue but doesn't seem to be the cause.

No, just trying to explore an avenue that had potential to maybe cause an issue but doesn't seem to be the cause.
Nevermind. Sorry again and take care! I always like and appreciate your contributions.

Oh and there's the fact that there's this https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/uhd-bd-welche-von-anydvdhd-noch-nicht-unterstützt-werden.77912/ sticky too in the DE section. Points to this one and tells you what the required info is.
If I waited for it, I would have a gray beard.
Not meant badly Ch3Vr0n, but @testiles thread is simply read more. The chance to get solved is much bigger here as in the german forum.
If that were different I would surely have created a thread in the DE forum. Many well-known users posed here - Even DaveO88 does!

But that's not the point. I don't want to clutter testile's excellent thread.

Which is precisely why that german sticky sais

1. Run the parser
2. Grab the OPD ID
3. Post the name and ID in THIS topic, (it even links to it!)

So there's only 1 topic to maintain. They don't need to speak a lot of german to copy the title, OPD ID and say "supported" or "not supported"

I am glad that you took up this topic...

It's my opinion to keep this international / global. testiles does a great job and the participation is also great.

Thanks guys!

I'm really glad people find the thread helpful!

Hopefully in the future the thread will no longer be needed because AnyDVD will decrypt any and all UHDs --- straightaway (lol).

But until that day, let's keep this going... :)

T

Hopefully in the future the thread will no longer be needed because AnyDVD will decrypt any and all UHDs --- straightaway (lol).
Good point even if I think it will last very long. The circumstances why Blu-Ray could be decrypted so quick were a leak in developers team. That's at least my information.
On the other hand I'm always appreciated if a new UHDDisc works works for me. (y)

he circumstances why Blu-Ray could be decrypted so quick were a leak in developers team. That's at least my information.
Your information is wrong.

Which is precisely why that german sticky sais

1. Run the parser
2. Grab the OPD ID
3. Post the name and ID in THIS topic, (it even links to it!)

So there's only 1 topic to maintain. They don't need to speak a lot of german to copy the title, OPD ID and say "supported" or "not supported"
If I waited for it, I would have a gray beard.
Not meant badly Ch3Vr0n, but @testiles thread is simply read more. The chance to get solved is much bigger here as in the german forum.
If that were different I would surely have created a thread in the DE forum. Many well-known users posed here - Even DaveO88 does!

I don't understand the discussion about whether everyone should write their titles in an unsupported Thread or whether the German section should have their own unsupported Thread.
Why should developers search in multiple locations? It's completely unnecessary.
And if someone has the desire to separate the German titles from this Thread, then this wish should also apply to all other areas, including the Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Japanese subforum. And that's nonsense. Everything is in good hands here and testiles does a good job.

Thanks for that, testiles. :thankyou:

Your information is wrong.

James, that was a bit nitpicking. kufo was right concerning UHDs when konsts posted keys on doom9. Yes, BD decryption originated by muslix64 reading out RAM values of software disc players.

I guess it's time for more nitpicking then cause kufo was saying developers leaked information about BD. James said no to that. Muslix64 used PowerDVD to read HD DVD title keys from memory. Not entirely sure how that translates into "BD decryption originated" by him.

Back