• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Does Sony TV (OLED) have Cinavia validation?

Cabong

Hi, does anyone knows if Sony TV also check (like BR player) for Cinavia?

Thanks

Hi, does anyone knows if Sony TV also check (like BR player) for Cinavia?

Thanks
No, of course not.

EDIT:
Only devices which can play ORIGINAL Blu-ray discs may have Cinavia detection. No TVs. No media players. No smartphones. No ...

hi there James!
Thank you for the reply.

BUMP

Looking at a new TV and considering a Sony OLED. (Which are made by Samsung BTW, AFAIK.)

I remember reading a post on here saying someone was playing back a 4K MKV file downloaded from a torrent, and got a message about copyright and a blanked screen. (Can't remember if it was Cinavia, HDCP, external drive, network playback, etc.) They found if they disconnected the TV from the Internet the message & blanked screen went away. Finally, I seem to remember them saying it affected 4K resolution only.

Anyone have any experience with anything like that? Can anyone with a Sony OLED (preferably a 2020 or 2021 model) confirm that they can play any 4K/HD decrypted content and the TV itself doesn't have any issues?

You do know this thread is over 2yls old right?

TV's don't give a rats ass about cinavia. Unless they have optical drives capable of blu-ray built-in, they're not licensed blu-ray players. However Sony being the main backer of the tech, i wouldn't be surprised if theirs do detztc it even on USB played media.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, I know it's old, hence the BUMP.

Thanks for the info James... not sure what was happening with that poster I linked. It seems he was putting USB sticks into TV's and also players and trying to play ripped 4K content, and was getting a message and blanked screen. It looks like it wasn't Cinavia, but some other kind of watermarking system for 4K content. So, I guess you have to use a player that doesn't trigger that message, or some other method that doesn't trigger that message.

Yes, I know it's old, hence the BUMP.

Thanks for the info James... not sure what was happening with that poster I linked. It seems he was putting USB sticks into TV's and also players and trying to play ripped 4K content, and was getting a message and blanked screen. It looks like it wasn't Cinavia, but some other kind of watermarking system for 4K content. So, I guess you have to use a player that doesn't trigger that message, or some other method that doesn't trigger that message.
It is very simple. You have to use a player, which *cannot* play *original* Blu-ray discs, and you will never see any Cinavia message.
Playing (UHD)Blu-rays reguires an AACS license. AACS license requires a Cinavia implementation. EVERYTHING ELSE (TVs, media players, Kodi, VLC, Phones, whatnot...) does not care.

Back