• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Panasonic UJ265 slot internal bluray drive does not read bluray media

WTomP

The internal SATA slot drive in my HTPC reads DVDs fine, but will not detect Bluray media.

I've installed AnyDVD but it does not start up because the media is not detected.

I tried an external LG USB drive and saw AnyDVD start up and the bluray played. The LG also runs fine with AnyDVD disabled.

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.

The internal SATA slot drive in my HTPC reads DVDs fine, but will not detect Bluray media.

I've installed AnyDVD but it does not start up because the media is not detected.

I tried an external LG USB drive and saw AnyDVD start up and the bluray played. The LG also runs fine with AnyDVD disabled.

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.
Can you provide the exact drive model? Are you sure it is a Bluray drive, not just DVD?

Can you provide the exact drive model? Are you sure it is a Bluray drive, not just DVD?
Thanks for replying. It was bought as a 'Panasonic UJ265' device and web sites including Amazon all say it is Bluray RW capable.

The model number displayed in Windows Device manager is.... Matshita BD-MLT UJ265

Windows Explorer shows it as BD-RE

I selected two fairly old Blurays (2011) which I'm pretty sure have played OK in the past, but now nothing happens and both Windows and Cyberlink say there is 'no disk inserted'

Both play fine using my external USB drive ... LG HL BP06LU10 (ROM VER. HL03) which was manufactured in 2011 and also shows as BD-RE in Windows Explorer.

I did manage to download what was purported to be a 'latest' driver for this, but Windows 7 says I already have the latest (Microsoft) driver when I update. I did try without success to find a site which has the latest firmware which Norton says is OK and does not force installation of a Driver update application.

Any advice is very welcome

Well, if Bluray discs play fine in another drive but not that one (in the same machine), and that one will read DVD but not Bluray (when it should), it kinda sounds like the Bluray laser is dirty/defective.

Well, if Bluray discs play fine in another drive but not that one (in the same machine), and that one will read DVD but not Bluray (when it should), it kinda sounds like the Bluray laser is dirty/defective.
Any suggestion on how to test for laser failure or is there a way to clean it?

Back