• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with 3 titles on "The complete Donald Volume 3" german edition

sarek

Hi all,

I have problems accessing three titles on the Disney DVD "The complete Donald Volume 3", german edition.
This is an older disk from 2009, I also tried Slysoft AnyDVD 7.4.2.2, the oldest I had available, no luck.
The titles can be found and played when AnyDVD is disabled.
Eg title no 31 (Tea for twohundred) is not displayed in clonedvd, nor can it be played from the menu.
Logfile attached. Thanks and merry christmas!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.2.2_Info_I_C8D0EFW1.ziplog
    213.6 KB · Views: 4
There is no "slysoft 7422". Slysoft is dead, considering it's a 2009 title. I'm going with dirty/defective disc but @James will need to decide

There is no "slysoft 7422". Slysoft is dead, considering it's a 2009 title. I'm going with dirty/defective disc but @James will need to decide
The disk is fine. Note the logfile, that was made using RedFox AnyDVD 8.4.2.2. I just reverted to Slysoft 7.4.2.2. in order to exclude any regression errors. Both versions of AnyDVD have the same problem with this disk.
The Disk works fine with AnyDVD disabled! I was able to rip title 31 using VLC media player with AnyDVD disabled.

just because a disc LOOKS fine from the outside, doesn't mean it's fine for ripping. As i said, @James will need to look. AnyDVD needs to rip the entire disc, or nothing at all.

just because a disc LOOKS fine from the outside, doesn't mean it's fine for ripping. As i said, @James will need to look. AnyDVD needs to rip the entire disc, or nothing at all.
RedFox AnyDVD 8.4.2.2 did not have any problems ripping the entire disk, I have ripped the entire DVD to Disk usingRedFox AnyDVD 8.4.2.2.
However, in the resulting folder structure, the three titles are already missing.

RedFox AnyDVD 8.4.2.2 did not have any problems ripping the entire disk
However, in the resulting folder structure, the three titles are already missing.

That pretty much qualifies as a problem :p As i said, James will need to take a look

That pretty much qualifies as a problem
Yes. That's why I posted here.

As i said, James will need to take a look
Agreed.
The missing titles and their numbers and duration, as displayed by VLC, are:
29 Clown of the jungle 06:17
30 Three for breakfast 07:05
31 Tea for two hundred 06:45
Steps to reach these titles: Insert DVD --> Menu: choose English --> Menu: choose "From the vault" --> Watch/Fast forward a 29 second intro to these three titles --> Menu: Choose "Play all" or an individual title.
Navigating to and playing these titles works fine with AnyDVD disabled using VLC Media Player.

Prettige feestdagen!

Hi all,

I have problems accessing three titles on the Disney DVD "The complete Donald Volume 3", german edition.
This is an older disk from 2009, I also tried Slysoft AnyDVD 7.4.2.2, the oldest I had available, no luck.
The titles can be found and played when AnyDVD is disabled.
Eg title no 31 (Tea for twohundred) is not displayed in clonedvd, nor can it be played from the menu.
Logfile attached. Thanks and merry christmas!
AnyDVD leaves out titles, because it believes they are "evil" and part of a copy protection. Does the disc really has structurual protection? If not, you can turn it off im AnyDVD settings.

AnyDVD leaves out titles, because it believes they are "evil" and part of a copy protection. Does the disc really has structurual protection?

Apparently not!

If not, you can turn it off im AnyDVD settings.

That did the trick! I disabled the removal of "copy protection based on unreadable sectors", and was then able to find and rip the three missing titles with CloneDVD.
Thank you ever so much, and merry Christmas!

Apparently not!

Correction. Apparently, it has a partial structural protection. I was able to successfully rip the three missing titles with CloneDVD after the removal of "copy protection based on unreadable sectors".

However, I did not succeed to rip the entire DVD to hard disk with this setting, after 42% I got the error message "IFO properties 6" from the AnyDVD ripper.

Last edited:
Similar problem on disc 2 of the "The complete Donald Volume 3", german edition.
Two titles in "the vault" can not be seen without removing the "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" in AnyDVDs settings first.
Contrary to disc 1, the titles can not be copied using CloneDVD, as disabling the "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" results in an error "TCSectorReader".
The disc itself is fine, both titles can be played with AnyDVD disabled.
Logfile attached. It would be very nice to be able to rip both these discs to the hard drive without losing these titles.
The missing titles on disc 2 are:
29 - Bee at the beach (1950) - 06:37
30 - Donald's Happy Birthday (1949) - 06:47
Steps to reach these titles: Insert DVD --> Menu: choose English --> Menu: choose "From the vault" --> Watch/Fast forward a 29 second intro to these two titles --> Menu: Choose "Play all" or an individual title.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.2.2_Info_I_C8D0EFW2.ziplog
    215.6 KB · Views: 2
Retested with AnyDVD 8.4.2.3 and 8.4.2.4 - no change, the missing titles can still not be seen without removing the "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" in AnyDVDs settings first, which means that these titles are missing when ripping these DVDs to the hard drive.

Similar problem on disc 2 of the "The complete Donald Volume 3", german edition.
Two titles in "the vault" can not be seen without removing the "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" in AnyDVDs settings first.
Contrary to disc 1, the titles can not be copied using CloneDVD, as disabling the "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" results in an error "TCSectorReader".
The disc itself is fine, both titles can be played with AnyDVD disabled.
Logfile attached. It would be very nice to be able to rip both these discs to the hard drive without losing these titles.
The missing titles on disc 2 are:
29 - Bee at the beach (1950) - 06:37
30 - Donald's Happy Birthday (1949) - 06:47
Steps to reach these titles: Insert DVD --> Menu: choose English --> Menu: choose "From the vault" --> Watch/Fast forward a 29 second intro to these two titles --> Menu: Choose "Play all" or an individual title.
In this case, your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.

Retested with AnyDVD 8.4.2.3 and 8.4.2.4 - no change, the missing titles can still not be seen without removing the "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" in AnyDVDs settings first, which means that these titles are missing when ripping these DVDs to the hard drive.
Yes, I know, sorry. I can't fix this without the physical disc, which seems to be no longer available.

Yes, I know, sorry. I can't fix this without the physical disc, which seems to be no longer available.
Shoot. Is there any information that I can supply you with?

In this case, your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.
You may be right. However, with the current MakeMKV Beta (and AnyDVD enabled with "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" disabled) I was able to rip these titles to the hard drive, so at least I now have a backup of them.
I would have preferred to have a backup of the entire disc, though.

The disc is readily available and can be purchased without problems. Just retested disc 1 with AnyDVD v8.4.4.2, no change.

The disc is readily available and can be purchased without problems. Just retested disc 1 with AnyDVD v8.4.4.2, no change.
I have the disc here, and I am investigating the problem.

Back