• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Aladdin (live action)

Capture.PNG I could not copy Aladdin. AnyDVD 8.4.2.0 CloneCD 5.3.4.0 CloneDVD2 2.9.3.0

Region code is 1.

Now doing a AnyDVD rip, but not sure what to do with it once I have it. No warning like when I tried both the above about structure errors or fixing.

Correction: I see it says "Repairing defective DVD structure... above the gas gauge. Don't know if that gauge is for the repair or the ripping.

I was hoping someone would have a cookbook explanation to getting a copy. It seems a lot of people have already generated logs and such. I noticed that AnyDVD has a key for Aladdin included in it.

Will the ripped version be protection free? Will I use either/both the above to copy the image to DVD?

Attached the AnyDVD rip window and the AnyDVD information window.

Last edited:
Just let it finish the repair and copy. Want a DVD copy? Use elby CloneDVD2.

Just let it finish the repair and copy. Want a DVD copy? Use elby CloneDVD2.

I tried both CloneDVD2 and CloneCD and ripping. The last, ripping, finished like it did "repairing" on the others, but I couldn't even get Windows Media Player to recognize the folder it was in or the xml created. I've read others say it worked for them, the question is how? What settings did they use? The only one specifically mentioned was the region code and the snap shot shows that is set.

XML created? Neither CloneDVD2 nor CloneCD create XML files. That said, WMP hasn't been updated in a LONG time and shouldn't be used to play DVD's. Even VLC Media player does a better job than WMP.

Did the repair work? Yes or NO
Yes => play with PowerDVD to test, or VLC
No => Error message + anydvd logfile please. We can't assist you without it

XML created? Neither CloneDVD2 nor CloneCD create XML files. That said, WMP hasn't been updated in a LONG time and shouldn't be used to play DVD's. Even VLC Media player does a better job than WMP.

If you do a Rip (right click the icon on the task bar at the bottom of the screen for most people) it creates an XML file called "Aladdin.dvdid.xml". I've attached it for you as you don't seem familiar with it. (Renamed to add .txt as you can't upload .xml files). I'm DL VLC now and will get back with that info. It seemed that there were logs already posted, but I'll create another one if that will help.

Attachments

• ALADDIN.dvdid.xml.txt
    67 bytes · Views: 2

If you do a Rip (right click the icon on the task bar at the bottom of the screen for most people) it creates an XML file called "Aladdin.dvdid.xml". I've attached it for you as you don't seem familiar with it. (Renamed to add .txt as you can't upload .xml files). I'm DL VLC now and will get back with that info. It seemed that there were logs already posted, but I'll create another one if that will help.
That is not how you rip. You right-click the AnyDVD icon (hidden icon by the clock), and select "Rip video disc to harddisk". If it rips without error, the resulting folder can be played by any DVD software, including Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center, MediaPlayer Classic, etc., no matter what Ch3vr0n says. It's just a DVD.

And you have not posted an AnyDVD log. Right-click the AnyDVD icon (hidden icon by the clock), and select Create Logfile.

Sorry for the delay. I opened the movie on disk (folder Video_TS) located in the folder ALADDIN. I'm guessing that means the repair worked. Can I now copy that file to a DVD? Would I use CloneDVD2?

Thanks In Advance.

That is not how you rip. You right-click the AnyDVD icon (hidden icon by the clock), and select "Rip video disc to harddisk". If it rips without error, the resulting folder can be played by any DVD software, including Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center, MediaPlayer Classic, etc., no matter what Ch3vr0n says. It's just a DVD.

And you have not posted an AnyDVD log. Right-click the AnyDVD icon (hidden icon by the clock), and select Create Logfile.

That's exactly how I ripped the disk. We just described it slightly differently. I couldn't get it to play in WMP at all. But it does play in VLC. Now I just want to get it to a DVD.

That's exactly how I ripped the disk. We just described it slightly differently. I couldn't get it to play in WMP at all. But it does play in VLC. Now I just want to get it to a DVD.
If you have CloneDVD, use the "Write Existing Data" option and use the ripped folder as the source, although you should have been able to go from the original disc to the blank disc using the "Copy DVD Titles" option (as long as the disc isn't defective).

To play a ripped DVD with Windows Media Player, you would need to have it open the VIDEO_TS.ifo file in the VIDEO_TS folder.

Last edited:
I tried both CloneDVD2 and CloneCD and ripping. The last, ripping, finished like it did "repairing" on the others, but I couldn't even get Windows Media Player to recognize the folder it was in or the xml created. I've read others say it worked for them, the question is how? What settings did they use? The only one specifically mentioned was the region code and the snap shot shows that is set.
Maybe they used the actual CloneDVD version? 2.9.3.6 I believe.

Back