• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

burning "Big Nothing"

kootsman

I'm having an issue after the movie burns and testing. The title menu won't generate and freezes my player. Updated to the latest version of AnyDVD 6.1.7.4 for the rip and tried to burn, again, with same results. Forth disk and no success. Any suggestions???

I'm having an issue after the movie burns and testing. The title menu won't generate and freezes my player. Updated to the latest version of AnyDVD 6.1.7.4 for the rip and tried to burn, again, with same results. Forth disk and no success. Any suggestions???

Answer these questions fully please (especially 6, 8, and 9): click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=393

Status info for 'Big Nothing'

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8701 5D24 MY0M9753701595CF00XG
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 2222560 sectors (4340 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Big Nothing
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

burning to GQ DVD-R 4.7GB
No error msg. Trying to run on PowerDVD Player and Windows Media Center. Both player freeze up. When reviewing Taskman, players are 'not responding'.

@ kootsman,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your AnyDVD summary #2 posting reveals that your “Big Nothing” is NOT an original Commercial DVD Movie Titles but is copy recorded on DVD-R Media.

In seeing this is “Big Nothing” DVD-R is a copy and not an original Commercial DVD Movie Title who knows what the problem could be with this particular DVR-R disk.

Regards,
Coaster

Status from Original Disk

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8701 5D24 MY0M9753701595CF00XG
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2287985 sectors (4468 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Big_Nothing
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

All Is Well....

Big Nothing doesn't like the Titlemenu Jump. I turned it off and ripped again. Burn came out ok.
Thanks everyone, for all your input and help.
:clap:

@ kootsman

OK. I now understand that the AnyDVD summary in #3 posting was an error and that the AnyDVD summary in #5 posting is from the original Big Nothing Commercial DVD Movie Title. Nothing unusual is noted in #5 posting AnyDVD summary.

Historically GQ (Great Quality) Media (usually purchased at Fry’s) is substandard poor quality error prone problematic Media. Suggest obtaining known proven quality Media such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim Media that consistently produces quality error free results.

Also suggest ensuring that you DVD Burner has the newest most current up to date Firmware available.

Regards,
Coaster

Big Nothing doesn't like the Titlemenu Jump. I turned it off and ripped again.

That feature of Anydvd doesn't work with all movies. One way to test if it will work is to watch the original disc with Anydvd running on your computer. If the original disc plays as expected, then so should your backup as well.

Back