• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PI on Clone DVD2

noneya

Using Clone DVD2, Windows 7. Disc is freshly cleaned. Plays fine.

The title of the disc and its country of origin?

Title is "Pi" The disc plays fine on the computer.

The question, "county of origin" is too vague.
If you mean which region, it plays on a machine made for the United States.
I don't know how to determine anything more specific than that as to region.

What you are trying to do or setting you wanted to use when the error occurred

Trying to make a copy.
Output method selected is DVD writer.
Speed selected is 4x

IMPORTANT: what is the error message?

Parapharsed, it says:

"Creation of DVD files was not successful
unexpected error
Please be sure that all input files are available and that they represent a properly mastered DVD.
If you are confident that this error shoule not happen, please check for a newer version of CloneDVD2 at http www.elby.ch.
If the error persists, please send the follwing information to bugs@elby.
1. current log
2. title and region code
3. IFO files of source DVD

Thanks in advance, etc."

I don't know what an input file is or how to determine whether or not it is "available".
or "properly mastered".
Already checked for a new version, pretty sure this CloneDVD is up to date.

Screen shot and Log file are attached.

I cannot afford a new version of AnyDVD, please don't aggravate me by
saying that is the solution. I live on less than 12 thousand a year.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.6.0_Info_E_PI.zip
    102.1 KB · Views: 4
Your AnyDVD version is from March 2013. It is very old. And please create a logfile from the original, not a DVD+R copy.

I was aware that it was old. I don't have the original PI any more. In a few days, I will post logfiles of the other things, from originals, that won't work.

@noneya If you had a lifetime license for SlySoft's(!) AnyDVD (HD), I have good news: You can upgrade to the slightly less ancient 7.6.9.5 :cool:
Link below.

I believe I did have a lifetime license, but I have almost zero knowledge of computers, and don't know how or where to find
my product key, or whatever it is called.

If you didn't buy a newer RedFox license you won't be able to update your AnyDVD to a RedFox version. You will only be able to use SlySoft version 7.6.9.5.

SlySoft AnyDVD is still old so likely won't be able to decrypt newer DVDs, and if you want Blu-ray capability the online database is not accessible in a SlySoft version.

@noneya If you had a lifetime license for SlySoft's(!) AnyDVD (HD), I have good news: You can upgrade to the slightly less ancient 7.6.9.5 :cool:
Link below.

Same as original post, but tried Back to the Future Bonus Disc One.

Error says "Writing to video media was not successful: media write error. A write error has occured, probably caused by bad media. Please replace the media and try again."

Used brand new Verbatim brand DVD-R. Tried again with another brand new disk, same result.

Attachments

• CLONE DVD BAck to the Future extras 1 second file.txt
    601.3 KB · Views: 0
What exactly is the media code (MID / DID) of the disc. If it's life series store bought stuff, it's utter garbage. Unfortunately CMC Magnetics bought the verbatim brand and IP so even the good stuff now may potentially become crap.

Can you recommend any software that will identify the MID /DID? It seems now on the internet everything is infested with adware, spyware, malware, trial limits, function limits.

I should note that this spindle of discs has produced at least a dozen good copies of other things.

The media was purchased at a retail store in the United states in October of 2019.

The wrapper says Made In Taiwan

Bar Code 23942 96525

Wrapper says Verbatim #96525 1606-173

Last edited:
Imgburn does that in discover mode, or dvdinfo (pro). I use the first

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Where did you find that link. Did you click that green 'click here to download' ? That and the one above it are advertisements.

They wrapped the official installer in their own or even use a 'downloader' for the actual download.

I aced your link, clicked the right green arrow and sure enough

Setup_ImgBurn_2.5.8.0_dlm_3569627522.exe

Notice the dlm and that numeric sequence? Neither should be there. That's a DownLoad Manager.

The proper filename is Setup_ImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe

They mention it on the download page but they actually serve an ad filled download manager for the actual file.

Go to the official imgburn forums and use mirror 7. Now or MIGHT still get a trigger but it is NOT malicious of you use that mirror. It's then must likely just flagging the advertisement dll, causing the software to be tagged as PUP (potentially unwanted program). That's not the same as actual malware.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mirror 7 installed unwanted WebDiscover toolbar. However, it appears now I have ImgBurn installed.
How would I use it to answer your questions about my blank DVD media?

As to the toolbar, you then probably just went "next next next" to install and didn't uncheck the "promotional offer (aka advertisement)". Just uninstall the thing from the software control panel

As to the ID

Simple, insert a blank disc from the same batch (or the one that failed). Click the bottom button in the right hand column "Discover" or "Explore" mode. Can't say for sure which one it is, as i use it in my native language (NL). Look for the line "Media Identifier" or "Disc Identifier" (or just copy the whole thing here if you can't find it). Us experienced users will then be able to tell if you have the good stuff, or the crappy cheap stuff.

On top of that, your LG drive is running outdated firmware which may have an impact on burn results too. There's a newer version available called EX03 https://www.firmwarehq.com/LG/GH22NS70/files.html (and even that one is 7 years old, but hey my drives arent new either ;))

I have run Driver Update through Windows 7 many times, keeps saying that the drivers for the DVD drive are up to date.

Nevertheless, I did use the "firmware" link you suggested.

I cannot find anything named "Discover" or "Explore" mode.

I returned the Verbatim that was not working to the store. Can't show you anything, don't have those blanks any more.

I don't know your definition of "the cheap stuff". The Memorex I bought cost
around $25 American for 100 discs. I dont' consider that especially inexpensive.

This is the brand new Memorex, which failed to write for the past few days:

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS70 EX00 (SATA)
Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:
State of Last Session: Empty
Erasable: No
Free Sectors: 2,295,104
Free Space: 4,700,372,992 bytes
Free Time: 510:03:29 (MM:SS:FF)
Next Writable Address: 0
MID: CMC MAG-M01-00
Supported Write Speeds: 8x, 16x

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00
Book Type: DVD+R
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120 mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,711
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Performance (Write Speed):
Descriptor 1...
-> B0: 0x02, B1: 0x00, B2: 0x00, B3: 0x00
-> EL: 2295103 (0x0023053F)
-> RS: 22,166 KB/s (16x) - WS: 11,080 KB/s (8x)
Descriptor 2...
-> B0: 0x02, B1: 0x00, B2: 0x00, B3: 0x00
-> EL: 2295103 (0x0023053F)
-> RS: 22,166 KB/s (16x) - WS: 22,160 KB/s (16x)

After installing the "firmware" tried again, and resulting Log File is attached here

Will CloneDVD ONLY work with AnyDVD / Slyfox, or can it work with other things?

Attachments

• Log File of error 310 to Yuma Nov 25 attempt number TWO.txt
    245.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Just a little information:

A driver isn't the same as drive firmware. A driver tells your operating system how to interact with the physical drive. Firmware is software on the drive itself, that tells it what type / brand of discs it can burn at what speed. But from what i'm seeing above, your drive is still running the old EX00 firmware and not the newer EX03.

Looks like you found that mode just fine because you posted exactly what i was looking for :)

Yeah the problem is most likely your memorex discs.

MID: CMC MAG-M01-00
Supported Write Speeds: 8x, 16x

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00

See that CMC MAG in there. CMC Mag stands for CMC Magnetics, which produces about the worst quality media you can find. Us experienced users know to avoid those like the plague. That MID is shared by atleast half a dozen "disc manufacturers". Mediarange, philips, verbatim LIFE SERIES, maxell, imation,...

This should be the good stuff :)
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-4-7GB-Recordable-Media-Disc/dp/B003ZDNZSS/ which you can only buy online
AVOID THESE:
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-Life-DVD-Spindle-Pack/dp/B003U2YUD8

Notice the "life series" on the packaging in the 2nd link. That's their outsourced "cheap" stuff.

Now the "bad" news is that a couple months ago, CMC bought the verbatim brand and intellectual property with it, so even the good stuff might eventually become bad.

As to CloneDVD, it doesn't give a rats ass who or what does the decrypting, only IF the source you're trying to clone IS fully decrypted. That's it, but naturally AnyDVD is the best companion to go along with CloneDVD2 :)

Back