• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

OPD Parser doesn't show OPD

happyguy82

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the OPD for my disc The Wizard of Oz (1939) but when I select the log file, nothing is displayed on the console screen. When I try the same with other discs e.g. The Last Jedi, I can see the OPD displayed. Am I missing a step?

Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to get the OPD for my disc The Wizard of Oz (1939) but when I select the log file, nothing is displayed on the console screen. When I try the same with other discs e.g. The Last Jedi, I can see the OPD displayed. Am I missing a step?
I'm sorry, I don't understand at all what you're asking.
Best might be to formulate your actual problem and attach the log file here.

I'm sorry, I don't understand at all what you're asking.
Best might be to formulate your actual problem and attach the log file here.

I am trying to get the OPD value for my disc using the AnyDVD OPD Parser software. The name of the 4K Blu-Ray Disc is The Wizard of Oz.

However the window is blank, i.e. it doesn't show me the OPD value.

I have attached the logfile here. Could you please try opening this with the OPD Parser software?

Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.0.0_Info_E_WIZARD OF OZ.ziplog
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
This is the tool I wrote. Lemme take a look at your log.

Something weird is going on with AnyDVD for you on this one. The log doesn't contain the OPD information which is why the OPD Parser is showing blank. I should probably change the logic of the parser to make it clear that the OPD information isn't there.

However, your disc is failing on bus encryption. Are you SURE that's the UHD and not the blu-ray?

However, your disc is failing on bus encryption. Are you SURE that's the UHD and not the blu-ray?
It looks like an unfriendly drive to me. But ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 is supposed to be friendly..?

EDIT: I am very sure, this is the UHD.

It looks like an unfriendly drive to me. But ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 is supposed to be friendly..?

EDIT: I am very sure, this is the UHD.

I was just making sure on the disc type. And yes, that SHOULD be friendly so I don't fully understand the error on bus encryption?! Very confused.

Yes my drive is UHD Friendly, it's the LG BH16NS55. I have flashed the Asus firmware onto it.

I can play all the other UHD discs that I own with no problems using this drive.

Here's a log that works.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.3_Info_E_THE_LAST_JEDI.ziplog
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Just thinking out loud here @happyguy82 can you post a log from any other UHD? Like one that you say works?

Thanks in advance. I've attached one for you in the post above. Here's another one :)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.3_Info_E_KING_ARTHUR_LEGEND_OF_SWORD_81E0EEF0.ziplog
    4.1 MB · Views: 2
Something weird is going on with AnyDVD for you on this one. The log doesn't contain the OPD information which is why the OPD Parser is showing blank. I should probably change the logic of the parser to make it clear that the OPD information isn't there.

And just to confirm, yes this is a brand new UHD disc for the 1939 Wizard of Oz that was just released. It's failing on bus encryption because AnyDVD doesn't support it yet.

And just to confirm, yes this is a brand new UHD disc for the 1939 Wizard of Oz that was just released. It's failing on bus encryption because AnyDVD doesn't support it yet.

No it's different than that. I have this disc and I'm able to get a full log for it with my ASUS 3.10MK drive. Something else is going on here, other than just a disc that isn't yet supported. At the moment, even if the key was in the OPD, your drive would not decrypt the disc. And that's problematic.

Sorry, @happyguy82, I hate to be a pain in the ass, but, could you post one of those disc's logs with 8.4.0.0, please? I don't think it'll matter but I'm trying to rule out possibilities here.

Sorry, @happyguy82, I hate to be a pain in the ass, but, could you post one of those disc's logs with 8.4.0.0, please? I don't think it'll matter but I'm trying to rule out possibilities here.
Sure here's The Last Jedi with 8.4.0.0

And please don't hesitate to ask for anything, I'm more than happy to help.

P.S. I have another drive with is the same LG BH16NS55 but with the original firmware that I could try if this disc can't be decrypted in the future. Btw with my current drive (the ones used above) I can see the file and folder structure of the disc but it takes a long time to initialise it, which is a problem I don't get with my other discs.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.0.0_Info_E_THE_LAST_JEDI_8B5C2701_525249E3.ziplog
    3.8 MB · Views: 3
That's very interesting. No issue with 8.4.0.0 on that disc. I'm starting to suspect a bad disc in the case of Wizard of Oz but hopefully @James has more ideas here because I don't know what else to try.

That's very interesting. No issue with 8.4.0.0 on that disc. I'm starting to suspect a bad disc in the case of Wizard of Oz but hopefully @James has more ideas here because I don't know what else to try.

Hmmm unfortunately I don't know how unsupported discs are meant to behave, thus I am unable to tell whether the disc itself is faulty. I can read the file structure though.

I could try with the other LG drive later tonight and let you know.

It wouldn't hurt. The relevant part of your log is this:

Code:
 12.41s: MKB version 72
 12.41s: MKB type 48141003
 12.41s: driveSupportsBusEncryption 1
 12.44s: discRequiresBusEncryption 1
 12.44s: SendKey failed, sense 5:6f:1
 12.44s: Failed to send host key (bus encryption)

vs from my log:

Code:
 33.16s: MKB version 72
 33.16s: MKB type 48141003
 33.16s: driveSupportsBusEncryption 1
 33.20s: discRequiresBusEncryption 1
busKey: ...

On mine the bus key was sent correctly and all was well (other than the disc not being supported). So yea, I'd try with your other drive and post another log for us to take a look at.

Back