• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Region Code issues

Elmer

I recently purchased a set of 8 disks of the TV series SHETLAND from the UK (Region 2), I can't make copies that play on Region 1 DVD Players. I am using latest Any Dvd ver 8.4, my burners are set to region 1 and yet no matter what, none of the copies will play in any of several dvd players. Any help out there?

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/please-read-this-before-you-post.52659/

What's happening? Errors?...

Logfile please for the problematic disc(s). Please note region 1 DVD's are in the NTSC video format, region 2 uses PAL. Anydvd also removes DVD region by default (no option to even tell it NOT to), however what it does NOT do is convert the video from NTSC to PAL. Unless you're have hardware capable of playing NTSC discs, your region free DVD's will not play (properly)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I recently purchased a set of 8 disks of the TV series SHETLAND from the UK (Region 2), I can't make copies that play on Region 1 DVD Players. I am using latest Any Dvd ver 8.4, my burners are set to region 1 and yet no matter what, none of the copies will play in any of several dvd players. Any help out there?
To be able to play PAL and NTSC discs, you need a player like this. It upscales to 1080p also.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KJ10E6...olid=3QWKT850FLXRZ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Not really, most EU players can play both formats from the start. Unlike most? us players that only play NTSC.

Right now there's just too much info missing to make a conclusion here.

Not really, most EU players can play both formats from the start. Unlike most? us players that only play NTSC.

Right now there's just too much info missing to make a conclusion here.

If they were in the EU and had a player that could play both formats, they wouldn't have needed to post at all, would they. And with burner and players set to region 1, where would you think they would be? Good grief, get a grip.

No, because he's importing region 2 discs, so it's not a case of his player needing to support NTSC but a case of it needing to support PAL. 'Get a grip', behave please. Be nice. There's too much unknown atm. (Such as what he's playing on etc...)

Sounds like an NTSC vs PAL issue to me too.
-W

No, because he's importing region 2 discs, so it's not a case of his player needing to support NTSC but a case of it needing to support PAL.
And what did I post.....
To be able to play PAL and NTSC discs.....
Really, just because you didn't post it doesn't make it wrong.

I'm not saying nor have I said you were wrong. We don't know what he's playing the discs on, what's happening, errors,... And by that I mean the exact player model. Until we have more info like that, it's too early to jump to conclusions and definitely claim it as a 'pal vs ntsc' issue.

Until we have more info like that, it's too early to jump to conclusions and definitely claim it as a 'pal vs ntsc' issue.

Not too early for me. But I'll give you the "definately" part, and go with "99% sure" instead. LOL

Back