• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a prompt from AnyDVD [v8.3.9.3] that I don't remember seeing before [while doing this disc]. "Blu-Ray Disc Region" and the default is "Disc is Region Free". I am going with that. Anyone else see this?

I got a prompt from AnyDVD [v8.3.9.3] that I don't remember seeing before [while doing this disc]. "Blu-Ray Disc Region" and the default is "Disc is Region Free". I am going with that. Anyone else see this?
That message is unrelated to this thread (protection problems). The message you're seeing is from the region removal you have active. And the default for that setting is disabled.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

That message is unrelated to this thread (protection problems). The message you're seeing is from the region removal you have active. And the default for that setting is disabled.

I posted here because I did two things: 1. Update to latest AnyDVD 2. Uncheck "Autostart" [which I do after every update and is the only setting I touch]. Put disc in. I never touch the region settings [which is set to "automatic"]. Could it be that this disc is different somehow? Because, again, I don't think I have ever seen this prompt before. So why now?

Last edited:
Neither of those changes are related to that message. I already informed you why you might be getting that message

I posted here because I did two things: 1. Update to latest AnyDVD 2. Uncheck "Autostart" [which I do after every update and is the only setting I touch]. Put disc in. I never touch the region settings [which is set to "automatic"]. Could it be that this disc is different somehow? Because, again, I don't think I have ever seen this prompt before. So why now?
Region setting is "off" by default. If set on "automatic" and AnyDVD asks you, you tell it the disc region. Which would probably (USA?) be "A".

Region setting is "off" by default. If set on "automatic" and AnyDVD asks you, you tell it the disc region. Which would probably (USA?) be "A".
1. Is the recommended setting "Off"? Because I don't ever remember touching this setting. 2. Where is the setting for "Off"?

Untick "Remove Blu-ray region code".
It was and is unticked? [Can the Video DVD section have any influence when I am processing a Blu-Ray?]
EDIT: I just put the same disc in with AnyDVD running again. The prompt I posted about above did not appear this time. Under "Status", I read "Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc". Also, "Drive [hardware] region 0 [not set]. I just attached the log file. But, I guess I need to start using some kind of screen shot software.

Last edited:
Drive hardware region has no impact on Blu-ray, it only applies to DVD decryption. So you really should set it, to avoid DVD css related decryption problems.

Drive hardware region has no impact on Blu-ray, it only applies to DVD decryption. So you really should set it, to avoid DVD css related decryption problems.

[Region setting is settled] My original question, post #101, was why did I get this prompt at this point in time after having used AnyDVD so many times w/o getting it? If either @James or you have settled this, maybe I am having a senior moment.

Nobody but you can change your anydvd settings. Maybe if you post a screenshot of the Blu-ray part of anydvd something might stand out

Nobody but you can change your anydvd settings. Maybe if you post a screenshot of the Blu-ray part of anydvd something might stand out

Any-DVD-Blu-Ray-Settings.jpg
[Such a PITA. I never upload images. I tried imgbb and the pic still is cropped. Let me know if this enough]

Attachments

• Any-DVD-Blu-Ray-Settings.jpg
    Any-DVD-Blu-Ray-Settings.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
[Region setting is settled] My original question, post #101, was why did I get this prompt at this point in time after having used AnyDVD so many times w/o getting it? If either @James or you have settled this, maybe I am having a senior moment.
I don't know. Maybe @Pete does.

My original question, post #101, was why did I get this prompt at this point in time after having used AnyDVD so many times w/o getting it?
Sometimes, when a disc has Screen Pass protection, AnyDVD needs to know the region code of the disc, even if you didn't select region code removal.
If your discs are always region A, you could simply enable region code removal and set it to "Region A".
This way nothing will change for you, but as a bonus all discs will become region free and you won't have to bother with this situation.

Sometimes, when a disc has Screen Pass protection, AnyDVD needs to know the region code of the disc, even if you didn't select region code removal.
If your discs are always region A, you could simply enable region code removal and set it to "Region A".
This way nothing will change for you, but as a bonus all discs will become region free and you won't have to bother with this situation.
1. The copy [of John Wick 3] played flawlessly in my home theatre Blu-Ray player after what I did in post #101. 2. I live in Eastern US. I guess this means that most Blu-Rays I get will be Region A? In any case, I can set AnyDVD as directed by you and see how that goes.
I have not used AnyDVD to copy DVDs for a long time. However, as @Ch3vr0n pointed out above I should change my drive region setting. This will not have any effects as far as Blu-Rays are concerned?

The only one that can tell you what region most of the disc's will be that you get is you. Are you in a region A zone, then any disc you get will at least be coded for region A (or be multi region, eg A B). In either case, specifying region A during BD region removal, will render it in effect, region free.

As to DVD region. Guess i have to say this a third time then, because it looks like you havent read it the previous 2 times in the 2 topics :p. Drive hardware region only comes into play when DVD's are concerned, it has ZERO effect on blu-ray discs.

The only one that can tell you what region most of the disc's will be that you get is you. Are you in a region A zone, then any disc you get will at least be coded for region A (or be multi region, eg A B). In either case, specifying region A during BD region removal, will render it in effect, region free.

As to DVD region. Guess i have to say this a third time then, because it looks like you havent read it the previous 2 times in the 2 topics :p. Drive hardware region only comes into play when DVD's are concerned, it has ZERO effect on blu-ray discs.
Yeh, I may have worded my post poorly, but I did get that. DVD regions are numerical also [as far as I can tell anyway] in contrast to Blu-Ray regions.

Just an additional note: ALL playlists mentioned by AnyDVD for John Wick 3 are correct.
Discs with playlists other than 965 currently don't work in "full disc mode" (played back on a licensed player), unless you use AnyDVD Speedmenu.

BTW, I just noticed, that the disc with playlist 444 is the only one, nobody has posted a log file for, yet (I thought, we had them all).
Can you please do that?

does that mean i should create a full backup with protection in case a newer anydvd comes along that cab crack the bd in a way that full disc mode is available?

i had the same issue with some 3d blurays you only can rip in full disc mode.
e.g. alita.

Using 8.4.0.0 on Redbox rental, the disc won't progress past 49%. Log file attached. Not sure what to do next. Any suggestions/ideas appreciated.

Using 8.4.0.0 on Redbox rental, the disc won't progress past 49%. Log file attached. Not sure what to do next. Any suggestions/ideas appreciated.
That's simply a bad disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back