• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD is disabled for Drive??

low_fat_al

I have read plenty on this issue and did all the basic troubleshooting. Not working.
I uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, etc.

The external BD drive works perfectly fine playing BluRay discs, it also works fine with MakeMKV all by itself.

For whatever reason, AnyDVD is showing it as disabled.
I have checked to see if AnyDVD is enabled on the settings
It does show the drive in the list of drives

I had the latest version installed and even tried the beta.

On the status section is says the following:

AnyDVD is disabled for Drive F:!
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.02

Nothing is working.

Please Advise.

Please try generating a log file for the drive, with a blu-ray disc inserted, and post it here. That will make it much easier for someone to help you. Instructions on generating a log file are listed in the please-read-this locked post at the top of this forum section. (right click on redfox tray icon...)

Cheers,

--michael

Here you go!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.9.6_Info_F_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    29.8 KB · Views: 5
This is so weird... now it's all working. I don't get it. If I have any more issues I will repost.

yeah... but I restarted it many times before.. not sure why this time was different.

I have experienced the same problem ever since installing the latest AnyDVD HD version (8.4.0.0). My disc drive is disabled with the following message appearing in device manager:

A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)

I have tried uninstalling AnyDVD HD and re-installing after a system restart several times, and even tried installing the previous version, all without success.

In my case AnyDVD HD does not even show the drive as available.

I have tried to update the driver for the drive, but it fails because I already have the latest drive installed. What could be blocking the driver for this disc drive?

I have experienced the same problem ever since installing the latest AnyDVD HD version (8.4.0.0). My disc drive is disabled with the following message appearing in device manager:

A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)

I have tried uninstalling AnyDVD HD and re-installing after a system restart several times, and even tried installing the previous version, all without success.

In my case AnyDVD HD does not even show the drive as available.

I have tried to update the driver for the drive, but it fails because I already have the latest drive installed. What could be blocking the driver for this disc drive?
This is a different problem. Please post an AnyDVD logfile.

I've been experiencing the same thing on *some* of my drives, and some discs work in those drives without issue, but certain discs(which play fine) persistently indicate "AnyDVD disabled for drive D: / E:" when I put them in my computer. I've tried the disable antivirus, firewall, etc... to no avail, so I have attached a log file. I even purchased a second, different brand external drive suspecting the dirve may be finally going bad, but both drives exhibit the same behavior with the same discs, which has led me here. Please help.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.2.0_Info_E_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    29.9 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_8.3.9.0_Info_O_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    27.9 KB · Views: 0
I googled the error message "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)". I tried all the suggested fixes but none worked for me. It looked like something thAt would have arisen in an upgrade of ANYDVD HD. Due to this error I could not generate a log file as requested by REDFOX. However, when I installed ANYDVD HD 8.4.4.0 yesterday the problem resolved itself.

Weird!!!

I use trial of the latest version of AnyDVD HD on Windows 10 with ASUS SBW-06D2X Blu-ray drive and similar problem ocurred. The drive stopped working entirely (not only AnyDVD could not find it, but File Explorer did not show it) and I found an exclamation mark in Device Manager with following explanation:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
I tried to restart my computer and re-connect my drive, but it did not work. I had to reinstall AnyDVD to fix the issue. It makes my decision whether to buy a license or not even more difficult. Is it a known issue and will it be fixed?

I know the code number is different from that in original post, but I haven't found any recent post on Code 19, only from like 2013.

Last edited:
I am still not certain what caused my problem or what solved it. It could be either a ANYDVD HD or Windows 10 problem.

Don't give up on REDFOX. I have far more weird problems with Windows 10 than REDFOX products.

I use trial of the latest version of AnyDVD HD on Windows 10 with ASUS SBW-06D2X Blu-ray drive and similar problem ocurred. The drive stopped working entirely (not only AnyDVD could not find it, but File Explorer did not show it) and I found an exclamation mark in Device Manager with following explanation:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
I tried to restart my computer and re-connect my drive, but it did not work. I had to reinstall AnyDVD to fix the issue. It makes my decision whether to buy a license or not even more difficult. Is it a known issue and will it be fixed?

I know the code number is different from that in original post, but I haven't found any recent post on Code 19, only from like 2013.
There are thousands of AnyDVD licenses out there and only 3-4 with this issue, that could be an OS or hardware issue. If it really was an AnyDVD bug, there would be hundreds or thousands of people with the same issue.

You may have blind faith 9n REDFOX but the problem atose as spo0n as I installed an ANTDVD HD upgrade ans was only solvced when I intstalled 2 dot releases later. I hope you experience a problem like that and find out how frustrating that is.

You may have blind faith 9n REDFOX but the problem atose as spo0n as I installed an ANTDVD HD upgrade ans was only solvced when I intstalled 2 dot releases later. I hope you experience a problem like that and find out how frustrating that is.
Blind faith? No. I have had AnyDVD and/or AnyDVDHD running for 14-15 years and have never had a problem, other than needing an update on a new title. As you said, it might have been an OS update, might have been a corrupted install, might have been a lot of things, or combination of things. I do know that there have been a few Windows 10 updates that have caused drive issues. Did you roll back any OS updates to see if it made a difference?

Last edited:
There are thousands of AnyDVD licenses out there and only 3-4 with this issue, that could be an OS or hardware issue. If it really was an AnyDVD bug, there would be hundreds or thousands of people with the same issue.

I understand it is a minor issue, but I need AnyDVD working on my configuration. The fact it works on thousands of other configurations does not solve my problem.

I understand it is a minor issue, but I need AnyDVD working on my configuration. The fact it works on thousands of other configurations does not solve my problem.
This is usually caused by some anti virus, anti malware, anti-something, snakeoil program, which prevents the AnyDVD.sys driver to install / uninstall properly.

This is usually caused by some anti virus, anti malware, anti-something, snakeoil program, which prevents the AnyDVD.sys driver to install / uninstall properly.

I don't use any of it. All protection is provided by Windows 10 on my machine. After installing AnyDVD, everything worked fine. When I turned my computer on the next day, this issue appeared without me installing anything from the categories you named. All software I used (or [re]installed) at the time were Subtitle Workshop, eac3to, tsMuxeR, Avidemux, SubRip, Audacity, Media Player Classic and PowerDVD, lots of them in portable version.

Back