• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Just ripped Saw3 and Open Season!

Clams

Using AnyDVD > Nero Recode > Drive Folder

Yes.... It worked , but I use "worked" guardedly.

On both of those titles when I went to "Import Disk" , Nero recode almost horked up a lung! It went into "Not Responding" for about 10-15 seconds and then the Analyzing Disk window appeared, and from there things went normally. (whew)

The only way I knew Recode hadn't crashed was that in Task Manager it was using 98% resources during the "Not Responding" phase.

This was a clean install of the latest AnyDVD and newest Nero Recode 2.
I did a test (control) rip of Star Wars before AND after the 2 offending titles. Both times everything worked normally. So it's JUST about those 2 titles - not the basic setup.

WHATEVER is going on with the new protection... it's not quite right yet.
I did note that Open Season shows like about 50 title 1 's ??

Also.. AnyDVD reported 89 bad sector protections for SAW3 and 72 for Open Season.

-W

The only way I knew Recode hadn't crashed was that in Task Manager it was using 98% resources during the "Not Responding" phase.

The amount of time it takes will vary depending on the system you're using, but it does take a little while longer than usual. This is normal, because of the 70-90 or so sector Sony junk . . .

This was a clean install of the latest AnyDVD and newest Nero Recode 2.

The latest version of Recode is 2.4.5.0. I was under the impression you were using Recode from Version 6.6.1.4. So you're using Recode 2.2.6.17, right?

WHATEVER is going on with the new protection... it's not quite right yet.

If you're referring to Anydvd, it's working fine with Recode on those titles--and as expected.

I did note that Open Season shows like about 50 title 1 's ??

You can probably remove all that nonsense (unless one of them is the main movie).

Also.. AnyDVD reported 89 bad sector protections for SAW3 and 72 for Open Season.

Yeah, Sony is annoying.

Last edited:
What programs are you guy's using to burn Saw 3? :confused: Dvd Shrink isn't working.I've tryed to use that program with ripit4me,dvd decryper,anydvd and nothing seems to work.Can someone post instructions on how to sucessfully burn this movie?

What programs are you guy's using to burn Saw 3? :confused: Dvd Shrink isn't working.I've tryed to use that program with ripit4me,dvd decryper,anydvd and nothing seems to work.Can someone post instructions on how to sucessfully burn this movie?
have you tried cleaning up the vobs? if not...then what u need to do is drag and drop the vob files into fixvts and hit the clean button and will fix that prob and then shrink would be able to run it...

Webslinger , you're right - it was the latest version for Nero6.

Also the machine is an older one... but still... these two titles took 20 times longer to *start* analyzing than anything I've ever seen before - even with AnyDVD. Like I said... I thought re-code had horked up a lung. :D

With Saw3 I just told Nero ReCode to rip the main movie (no compression)

With Open Season I made it rip the entire DVD (no compression) just so I could look at the mess. The ripped Open Season had a massive number of .IFO files many associated with the useless Title 1. Title One is not the main movie - it seems to be put there solely to confound ripping software even after encryption is removed - it does nothing when actually played.

What I did not do.. and wish I did... was tell AnyDVD to Jump Directly To Main Movie. I just wonder if using that option would have prevented the ripper from *seeing* the big mess, and therefore having less to deal with. Checking that box may be of some help with problematic titles.

I'm hoping AnyDVD looks closely at these 2 DVD's and adds a feature to remove the excessive useless title crap before the rippers even have to look at it. Ya, AnyDVD "worked" with Nero Recode 2, but I'd describe the experience a "balky" and a "bit worrysome" - anytime a ripper is driven mad to the "Not reponding" bar.... it's worrysome.

-W

Last edited:
A little free program called Ripit4me works together with DVD Decrypter and is updated all the time may solve your problems

A little free program called Ripit4me works together with DVD Decrypter and is updated all the time may solve your problems

Link??

-W (just interested in checking stuff out, in light of the recent events)

Also the machine is an older one... but still... these two titles took 20 times longer to *start* analyzing than anything I've ever seen before - even with AnyDVD. Like I said... I thought re-code had horked up a lung.

10-15 seconds on an "older machine" is hardly concerning. After it's done importing, the rest is gravy.

Most, if not all programs that I'm aware of take longer with these titles.

With Open Season I made it rip the entire DVD (no compression) just so I could look at the mess. The ripped Open Season had a massive number of .IFO files many associated with the useless Title 1. Title One is not the main movie - it seems to be put there solely to confound ripping software even after encryption is removed - it does nothing when actually played.

Yeah, the full rip will still play fine, however.

What I did not do.. and wish I did... was tell AnyDVD to Jump Directly To Main Movie. I just wonder if using that option would have prevented the ripper from *seeing* the big mess, and therefore having less to deal with. Checking that box may be of some help with problematic titles.

"Jump to main movie" in Anydvd doesn't actually remove anything, as far as I'm aware. You're just skipping by everything instead (different pointer basically).

I'm hoping AnyDVD looks closely at these 2 DVD's and adds a feature to remove the excessive useless title crap before the rippers even have to look at it. Ya, AnyDVD "worked" with Nero Recode 2, but I'd describe the experience a "balky" and a "bit worrysome" - anytime a ripper is driven mad to the "Not reponding" bar.... it's worrysome.

10-15 seconds to me plus the regular Recode analysis + rip wouldn't bother me that much. I'm all about getting stuff done quickly (and with good burn quality). And Anydvd helps me achieve that goal. You can remove that nonsense stuff very easily in Recode, btw. Of course, with Clonedvd2 you'd be importing more quickly. I'm not into transcoding or encoding. Some people want to fool around with encoders, transcoders, changing menus, removing specific cell ranges, etc. That's fine. More power to them. I'll be watching my backup while they're doing that stuff.

You can find the ripit4me link in the Third Party Products forum (it's a good free program; but I prefer what Anydvd can do).

Last edited:
OK this may sound like a noob question but I went out and got the Nero recode 2 and it seems to have worked but here is my question it does it to mpeg 4. Is there a way to burn that with nero burning rom other then using the recode program.
The only reason I am asking is that I recoded it and that worked like a champ. But when i open Nero and went to burn the dvd it couldnt find the movie file.:confused: :confused:

But when i open Nero and went to burn the dvd it couldnt find the movie file.:confused: :confused:

I don't understand your question. You can choose to burn from Recode. Set the destination to your burner. Choose "advanced analysis" if you want (this is for compression only; if you're not compressing, it doesn't matter). Click "burn". Anyway, as this conversation seems to mostly be about Recode, I'll move the thread.

Last edited:
OK this may sound like a noob question but I went out and got the Nero recode 2 and it seems to have worked but here is my question it does it to mpeg 4. Is there a way to burn that with nero burning rom other then using the recode program.
The only reason I am asking is that I recoded it and that worked like a champ. But when i open Nero and went to burn the dvd it couldnt find the movie file.:confused: :confused:

Nero recode gives you a few choices as to how to "burn" it. If you want to burn it to a real DVD you use one of the top 2 or 3 choices. (whole disk or main movie being the most common) Exporting it to MPEG4 is not for making DVD's.

You can then chose to output to a disk folder or to the DVD burner. If you're just plain used to DVDShrink - you can use Nero Recode to rip the entire DVD to a hard disk folder - and then open that folder with Shrink and do what you always did. OR you can learn more about how to use Recode to do the same stuff Shrink does.

-W

Nero recode gives you a few choices as to how to "burn" it. If you want to burn it to a real DVD you use one of the top 2 or 3 choices. (whole disk or main movie being the most common) Exporting it to MPEG4 is not for making DVD's.

Ohh, Nero Digital. Good call. :clap: I had no idea what TGZmrhat was talking about.

Ya sorry about that I should have been more clear. Ok so Nero recode gives me a file in mpeg4 and when I open dvd shrink -- and look for the file made by the nero recode it cant find it. So I dont understand what to do here.
I put the disc in used Nero rcode and it made an mpeg4 file, I burned it to a disc using recode and it wont play in my DVD player. So please any help would be great, The movie was open season.:( :( :confused:

Ya sorry about that I should have been more clear. Ok so Nero recode gives me a file in mpeg4 and when I open dvd shrink

No. Stop and delete those files.

Run Recode and choose one of the top two options (depending on if you just want the main movie)--and not anything involving Nero Digital. There is a burn option within Recode. And you don't need Shrink.

With Anyvd running on your toolbar, select "Import DVD". Choose the drive that contains your original movie. Choose your audio, subtitles, compression levels, etc. Choose the size of the blank media you're using in "Fit to target". Click Next. Under destination choose your burner. If you're burning to a single layer disc, choose "advanced analysis" (if you want). Click "More". Down below on the left, set the booktype to "dvd-rom". Select an appropriate write speed. Then click "burn".

Last edited:
The only two choices I have in recode is ---

1. - record DVD and video's to nero digital

2. - record main movie to nero digital

so is there another option I am not seeing, if it needs updating how do I do that?

I just downloaded the program and added to my nero 6 ultra. But I did download nero 7 should I just put that in and try it or is it alright the way it is?

Thank you for the help

The only two choices I have in recode is ---

1. - record DVD and video's to nero digital

2. - record main movie to nero digital

so is there another option I am not seeing, if it needs updating how do I do that?

You're definitely missing some options. Because those two aren't going to help you.

This where you go to update to Nero 6.6.1.4:

http://www.nero.com/nero6/enu/nero-up.php

I just downloaded the program and added to my nero 6 ultra. But I did download nero 7 should I just put that in and try it or is it alright the way it is?

I've never had two different versions of Nero on my system, so I wouldn't know. I'd just use whatever version I own--and make sure it's updated to the latest version possible.

Ya.. that's wierd... I'm new to Nero Recode... but I can't imagine a version that would ONLY convert to Nero digital. Very Strange.

(then again Media Player used to only rip to WMV before it finally added MP3)

-W

ok got all of the things that you said were there thank you I will try it next week and let you know.

Back