• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

aydvd for mac?

mrdsl2217

is there a mac version available for anydvd and clonedvd or is there a software i can get for mac that is similar for this purpose

is there a mac version available for anydvd and clonedvd or is there a software i can get for mac that is similar for this purpose

No and no. Sorry.

This might sound harsh.... but it feels to me like it's been almost 2 decades now that:
A) People have bucked the PC trend and bought a Mac (you rebels you!)
B) then wondered why they can't run all the cool PC software and games.

-W

They do exist......

There are programs out there for the Mac. They just don't work anywhere as good as AnyDVD et al.

Try Mac the Ripper (google is your friend)

After you have the DVD ripped you can then use Roxio's Toast or Popcorn to burn. DVD2one is another option.

Get Parallels or VMWare, install XP SP2, install AnyDVD. Done. :)

Really? Does this work?

I've read that it does. Obviously not for native Mac stuff, but, for the VM any DVD you put in will be decrypted in the VM. So, you could theoretically rip a disc using AnyDVD in the VM and then move it over to the Mac to do whatever with. Not having a Mac I can't say for 100% certainty that it works, but, I've read that it does.

I've read that it does. Obviously not for native Mac stuff, but, for the VM any DVD you put in will be decrypted in the VM. So, you could theoretically rip a disc using AnyDVD in the VM and then move it over to the Mac to do whatever with. Not having a Mac I can't say for 100% certainty that it works, but, I've read that it does.

Well, that somehow doesn't help for AnyDVD's main purpose (watching the disc), unless you use a player running in the VM...
I am also not 100% certain that the decryption will work correctly in a VM. Success stories are welcome. ;)
(The correct approach would be AnyDVD running on the host OS, then even the VM sees decrypted discs. But as there is no AnyDVDX... :eek: )

Some say it works while others say it doesn't. I know a friend who ran Parallels on a Mac and I was quite impressed. According to them they ran AnyDVD w/o problems but then again I didn't ask for specifics.

You need to take into account the overhead of running one OS inside another and the slowdown over everything natively within Windows. And, of course, you are basically shelling out the cost of Windows, plus Parallels or VMWare, and AnyDVD. Bootcamp is a free choice rather than Parallels or VMWare but you still need the Windows OS. A prior Windows user should already have an OS on hand but for those who don't... XP SP2 would be the best choice but not exactly cheap. Windows 98 would be cheaper but in time more features will be added that aren't supported. I believe James has already stated HD/BD support doesn't exist for 98/ME, right? Or did I just imagine that.

I think a poll needs to be taken so some statistics can be gathered as to which product, if any, AnyDVD consistently works under.

Well, that somehow doesn't help for AnyDVD's main purpose (watching the disc), unless you use a player running in the VM...
I am also not 100% certain that the decryption will work correctly in a VM. Success stories are welcome. ;)
(The correct approach would be AnyDVD running on the host OS, then even the VM sees decrypted discs. But as there is no AnyDVDX... :eek: )

So get to work. :D GRIN And regardless of whether that approach works on the fly or not, there are *NO* Mac products that do at all, and far less that support the latest protections. Hence why I said this is still a valid solution. If you wish to make a Mac version, by all means.... ;)

Some say it works while others say it doesn't. I know a friend who ran Parallels on a Mac and I was quite impressed. According to them they ran AnyDVD w/o problems but then again I didn't ask for specifics.

You need to take into account the overhead of running one OS inside another and the slowdown over everything natively within Windows. And, of course, you are basically shelling out the cost of Windows, plus Parallels or VMWare, and AnyDVD. Bootcamp is a free choice rather than Parallels or VMWare but you still need the Windows OS. A prior Windows user should already have an OS on hand but for those who don't... XP SP2 would be the best choice but not exactly cheap. Windows 98 would be cheaper but in time more features will be added that aren't supported. I believe James has already stated HD/BD support doesn't exist for 98/ME, right? Or did I just imagine that.

I think a poll needs to be taken so some statistics can be gathered as to which product, if any, AnyDVD consistently works under.

Again....given the choice of a crappy option vs NO option, you know what choice *I'D* take. If Slysoft wishes to create a Mac version, that's wonderful. It does NOTHING for the person who needs a solution today.

Again....given the choice of a crappy option vs NO option, you know what choice *I'D* take. If Slysoft wishes to create a Mac version, that's wonderful. It does NOTHING for the person who needs a solution today.

Of course. But right now suggesting Parallels, VMware or Bootcamp is essentially an unproven solution since some people say it works while others don't. A poll would let us & Slysoft see just how many people have had it work or not.

Of course. But right now suggesting Parallels, VMware or Bootcamp is essentially an unproven solution since some people say it works while others don't. A poll would let us & Slysoft see just how many people have had it work or not.

I have no problem with a poll. I'm sure we can find people that have tried it.

I have no problem with a poll. I'm sure we can find people that have tried it.
I tried Bootcamp, this works perfectly (as expected, as it is "Windows native").
Apart from the problem, that Apple likes to use Panasonic Slot-In drives, but that's another story...

I tried Bootcamp, this works perfectly (as expected, as it is "Windows native").
Apart from the problem, that Apple likes to use Panasonic Slot-In drives, but that's another story...

Yea, I was going to say...if bootcamp failed we have much bigger problems. :D I want to hear from some success stories in Parallels or another VM solution.

Works perfectly!!

I have a Mac Pro with :bowdown: VMware fusion, anyDVD + cloneDVD works perfectly fine. No errors. parallels does not work 100%

That's awesome. If I ever get a Mac (it's....possible I suppose) I would definitely want that set up and working. How quick is it compared to a native windows install?

about 5 min slower. Another option that one might consider is FastDVD Copy4 for mac

That's not too bad. And does FastDVD Copy 4 or whatever support the latest copy protections?

My boss has a MAC and is running there latest operating system,and also has VISTA installed on his MAC He has his PC setup this way so he can have the best of both worlds.He should try that if he want to run windows based programs on his MAC.He also has his harddrive partitioned so if one gets screwed up the other won't.

Back