• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices. (OUTDATED)

Nothing is wrong with using the ASUS flasher but why would you want to spread misinformation??? There are people who've had issues with the ASUS flasher and if they're under the BS impression that "oh, I have to use this cause 'protection'" then they're not going to get the solution they need. The flasher has nothing to do with it. At all. As for can I point you to the discussion? No, it's been discussed many times on MakeMKV's forum. What do you think the MK firmware DOES? And why do you think the MK firmware is REQUIRED to downgrade these drives? If the ASUS flasher magically removed the protection, why would I need an MK firmware in the first place? See where the logic there falls apart? Mike put a lot of work into modifying these firmware versions to allow downgrade and cross flashing. But that has nothing to do with the tool. Again, it's the misinformation that irritates me because people are taking that as gospel, running into problems with the ASUS flasher, and not trying the LG flasher that would work for them, because this of this nonsense.

Great information on this site...I have the LG WH16NS40 NS50 ver1.00 Rips Blu-rays great (around 40min) and just started with UHD (around 1hr 15min) and I notice that with the UHD I get these "work around" errors in mkv but I just restart it and it copies on the second run. I am thinking it could be disc related. Anyway, I read and notice everyone with 1.02v firmware. Is there any reason that this drive should be upgraded to 1.02v or if it aint broke don't fix it.

Teddy et al: Is there a way to do the downgrade from Firmware 1.03 for the LG BH16 NS55 with MAC OS means only (I have High Sierra 10.13.6.) ? thx laaank

Nope. The easiest way is to boot from a Windows PE boot stick and do it from there. You'll find one pre-created on MakeMKV's forum for this purpose. It has all the tools and firmware built in so you just create a USB boot stick, boot from it, and then flash away.

Thanks for the quick response, could I use the drive on the Mac afterwards again ?

Great information on this site...I have the LG WH16NS40 NS50 ver1.00 Rips Blu-rays great and just started with UHD....I read and notice everyone with 1.02v firmware. Is there any reason that this drive should be upgraded to 1.02v or if it aint broke don't fix it.

bumping my own message...just curious if anyone knows.

hello seems that latest LG BH16NS55 drives manufactured in 2019 are delivered with firmware 1.04
Is it still possible to downgrade them to 1.02 ?

Yes. You need the NS55 1.04 MK firmware. After that you can either leave it or you can downgrade it. That firmware is found on the MakeMKV forum.

Yes. You need the NS55 1.04 MK firmware. After that you can either leave it or you can downgrade it. That firmware is found on the MakeMKV forum.

Thank you
i assume you are talking about libredrive patches

https://www.makemkv.com/download/mk-firmware-pack-20191206.zip

it says it restore libredrive feature (i do not know what it is) and Removed firmware downgrade check

is still possible to use the dosflash method (teddy raspin method in this post) to flash 1.02 ?

i do not want to use makemkv, but want to use it with anydvdhd (as my previous drive in 1.02) as uhd friendly drive

DO NOT USE DOSFLASH!

The MK firmware does not require MakeMKV. It's just that the author builds the firmware that restores UHD friendliness to these drives. Use one of the windows flashers with the MK firmware and you're done.

DO NOT USE DOSFLASH!

The MK firmware does not require MakeMKV. It's just that the author builds the firmware that restores UHD friendliness to these drives. Use one of the windows flashers with the MK firmware and you're done.

Once with 1.04 mk firmware on drive, will it be possible to use the same Windows flasher to get bet back on firmware 1.02 ?

If you wish. Or you can leave it on 1.04 mk. Either will work.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

DO NOT USE DOSFLASH!
Very important hint (y) I think this should be placed on page 1 in this thread. Many people crashed there drives with this tool, because they were not experienced in changing FW.
Actualy there´s no need to use DOSFLASH anyway since FIRMWARECHANGER MODIFIED came out. Please correct me, if I´m wrong.

It won't work on these new firmware anyway. The dosflash method only works on older firmware. They disabled the interface that it uses in new firmware.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mit dieser neuen Firmware wird es sowieso nicht funktionieren. Die Dosflash-Methode funktioniert nur mit älterer Firmware. Sie haben die Schnittstelle deaktiviert, die in der neuen Firmware verwendet wird.
Thanks for the hint @SamuriHL (y) So we can all leave as it is - No further danger with DOSFLASH?

I don't know that I agree with that. If someone were to try they could conceivably screw things up. I just think at this point we need to take dosflash off the table.

That's right - Everybody is free to use it.

Hi. I have motherboard with NO IDE support - only ahci and raid. Is there any way to backup orginal firmware using windows?? Also is it safe to flash de or mk firmware without doing backup of orginal??

Back