• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Curse of the Golden Flower.

zebadee

Curse of the Golden Flower, Region 2, U.K. release

Hi :)
Slight problem with this disc.
Curse of the Golden Flower.
Universal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice copy protection, this one! ;)
I'll order this disc.

Have emailed support with the necessary. :agree:8)

Some sad news.
Whilst AnyDVD will allow playing of disc even ripping of dsic.
On playing backup, it plays chapter 1. Then returns to start, to play that same chapter over & over.
Can be burnt using CloneDVD2, but not other methods I've tried.
Wouldn't usually name them but in this case might be worthwhile. DVDFab & MagicDVDCopier.
These two programs can't even cope with the CloneDVD2 ripped files to HD.
Just spend ages analysing before syaing program not responding.
Am trying full disc now, as the afore mentioned was movie only.
P.S. If you manually skip to chapter 2 the rest of the movie plays fine. :doh:
Edited for Webslingers benefit! ;)

Last edited:
Some sad news.
Whilst AnyDVD will allow playing of disc even ripping of dsic.
On playing backup, it plays chapter 1. Then returns to start, to play that same chapter over & over.
Can be burnt using CloneDVD2, but not other methods I've tried.
Wouldn't usually name them but in this case might be worthwhile. DVDFab & MagicDVDCopier.
These two programs can't even cope with the CloneDVD2 ripped files to HD.
Just spend ages analysing before syaing program not responding.
Am trying full disc now, as the afore mentioned was movie only.
P.S. If you manually skip to chapter 2 the rest of the movie plays fine. :doh:
Edited for Webslingers benefit! ;)

You are correct. You don't need to copy full disc (your don't want to backup the trailers, don't you?) but you must use "preserve menus" in CloneDVD. If you don't, you will have chapter 1 twice in the movie.

EDIT: This isn't a bug in AnyDVD. The problem is, that this protection works by jumping over chapter 1. If you copy without menus, CloneDVD will delete all VM commands, so this jump (which is performed quite complicated to confuse copy programs) will not be copied.
What you *can* do if you don't want to copy menus: Use the scissors and cut away chapter 1. A little difficult because it is so small in the bar control, but this should work as well (haven't tried myself).

Last edited:
OK!
What I've found is that chapter 2 is bogus.
As you say, if you do movie only (so without menus). At the end of chapter 1 it will go on to play chapter 2. Chapter 2 though merely returns you to chapter 1.
If you just keep the intro menu (Play movie - Extras etc) screen so you have to click on play movie it works. At the end of chapter 1 it skips to chapter 3.
So those who have made a backup without menus can watch the whole thing without missing anything. Just have the remote on standby to manually skip chapter 2.
The thing that threw me was the other programs not being able to cope with the ripped files on the HD. Hence my questioning AnyDVD. :doh:

The thing that threw me was the other programs not being able to cope with the ripped files on the HD. Hence my questioning AnyDVD. :doh:

What other programs? Shrink works fine with the files created with AnyDVD ripper (at least it should, can't remember if I tried this).

The two mentioned in post #13. Both 1 click jobs.

Back