• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Direct X Problem

Heloduck

I haven't used BD Clone in a month or more and tried to use it today and I get the error message: "DirectX not installed or missing components. BD Clone will exit now."

I've searched for info and it seems you can't download and install DirectX to Windows 10. It is inherent in the OS. My Windows is current and I have no idea which update made the change.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Duck

I haven't used BD Clone in a month or more and tried to use it today and I get the error message: "DirectX not installed or missing components. BD Clone will exit now."

I've searched for info and it seems you can't download and install DirectX to Windows 10. It is inherent in the OS. My Windows is current and I have no idea which update made the change.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Duck

Try re-installing CloneBD. By default DirectX is installed as part of the installation.

CloneBD install.png

I did that before I posted the thread. Now, I just downloaded it and it did the normal new version update. I didn't uninstall it first.

I just uninstalled CloneBD, rebooted and downloaded and installed it again. I still get the same error message.

I just uninstalled CloneBD, rebooted and downloaded and installed it again. I still get the same error message.
I'll assume, you have 64bit Windows installed.

Which version did you install? 32bit or 64bit?
Just for trouble shooting, please install the other version and see if it makes a difference.

The 64bit version should install
c:\windows\system32\D3DCompiler_43.dll

The 32bit version should install
c:\windows\sysWOW64\D3DCompiler_43.dll

Check if the respective files are present.

I'll assume, you have 64bit Windows installed.

Which version did you install? 32bit or 64bit?
Just for trouble shooting, please install the other version and see if it makes a difference.

I have a 64-bit machine and installed the 64-bit version. I just downloaded the 32-bit version and it loaded fine! Out of curiosity I then downloaded and reloaded the 64-bit version and got the same error again. I have reloaded the 32-bit version and it seems to work.

I will try and use it and see what happens.

Thanks for your help, but I still would like to know what I can do to fix this so I can use the 64-bit version. I would assume that would be faster.

Thanks,

Duck

I have a 64-bit machine and installed the 64-bit version. I just downloaded the 32-bit version and it loaded fine! Out of curiosity I then downloaded and reloaded the 64-bit version and got the same error again. I have reloaded the 32-bit version and it seems to work.

I will try and use it and see what happens.

Thanks for your help, but I still would like to know what I can do to fix this so I can use the 64-bit version. I would assume that would be faster.

Thanks,

Duck

The 32-bit version seems to be working fine. I'll let you know how the disc comes out.

While this has been happening, I've been on line with MS advisors and having run diagnostics and set numerous screenshots, they tell me that DirectX is working properly -- and I guess it is since the 32-bit version of CloneBD is working fine.

I guess it must be a unique compatibility problem with my XPS 8930, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, and CloneBD.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Duck

I just had this same problem today because last week I had to reformat my desktop.
I can confirm that the 32bit version installs and runs fine.

I tried installing the 64bit version on top of the 32bit and it fails again.

So it seems that for now, anyone having this problem will have to live running the 32bit version.

No change for me. Still have to run the 32-bit version.

While you did quote this:

You didn't reply to it.
So did you check for the existence of these files (especially the former)?

There won't be any change Pete said. Win 7 will need to run the 32bit version application.

Neither should that is still be used.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

There won't be any change Pete said. Win 7 will need to run the 32bit version application.
He did? It will? :cautious: is Alzheimer's knocking on my door?

Either you or someone,I distinctly remember reading 'it's not worth hunting for this bug, for an out of date OS' or something along those lines.

Either you or someone,I distinctly remember reading 'it's not worth hunting for this bug, for an out of date OS' or something along those lines.
That was about a different product.

Ah nevermind then, my bad!

Back