• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Wallander: Sorgfågeln

blaze

Disc always stops ripping at 56% and gives "FileIO VTS_01_1.VOB 3869343744 563200" error? DVDfab decrypter free rips disc just fine without errors. Any ideas?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.9.1_Info_E_Wallander Sorgfågeln.ziplog
    190 KB · Views: 3
Disc always stops ripping at 56% and gives "FileIO VTS_01_1.VOB 3869343744 563200" error? DVDfab decrypter free rips disc just fine without errors. Any ideas?
I believe your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective. No idea, what DVDfab does or doesn't do.

I believe your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective. No idea, what DVDfab does or doesn't do.
Hmmm... Nothing wrong with the drive. If the disc defective, then why the competitive program is ability to decrypt and rip and it plays just fine? Are you sure that it hasn't anything to do with a structural protection that is on the disc?

Hmmm... Nothing wrong with the drive. If the disc defective, then why the competitive program is ability to decrypt and rip and it plays just fine?
I have no idea. Coincidence?
Are you sure that it hasn't anything to do with a structural protection that is on the disc?
Quite sure.

EDIT:
There is protection in VTS 1, but AnyDVD skips the bad cells 10-12 correctly:

VTS: 1
PGC: 1
Cells: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

I don't think other cells could be bad.
You could check for additional bad cells in VTS 1 with IfoEdit, while AnyDVD is running.

Last edited:
I have no idea. Coincidence?

Quite sure.

EDIT:
There is protection in VTS 1, but AnyDVD skips the bad cells 10-12 correctly:

VTS: 1
PGC: 1
Cells: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

I don't think other cells could be bad.
You could check for additional bad cells in VTS 1 with IfoEdit, while AnyDVD is running.
I ripped the disc using image option "keep the protection". Anydvd gave 2 x read errors about 56-57% mark, but i ignored them and it completed ok. Then i decrypted the dvd image with anydvd and test played and everything plays just fine. Probably the disc is bad, like you said.

That, and the fact that you shouldn't be using the image ripper on DVD's. AnyDVD gives you a warning for that too.

That, and the fact that you shouldn't be using the image ripper on DVD's. AnyDVD gives you a warning for that too.
Yep, i know that. Image ripper in this case was the only way to rip this specific disk to hdd (allowed to ignore read errors).

Back