• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Key doesn't work anymore

nrlanni

I have a legit key, but some reason it doesn't work anymore. I wrote a contact thing and was like a black hole - never heard a word from anybody.

I have what I thought was the serial number, but it appears it actually called the purchase number. Unfortunately, I don't have the serial number. BUt I would think it can be found from my email address and the purchase number

Please help.

what key? for what software? who did you contact? Are you getting an error of some sort? If so, what is it?

I have the same situation. I purchased AnyDVD and CloneDVD in 2008, received the keys for both items. I haven't needed to re-register for a few years. When I open the keys now I get an error message telling me that it is not a valid AnyDVD license. I have contacted RedFox and was told that I would need to buy the software all over again. Right. I bought it once and I won't pay for it again. Surely there is a way to retrieve the old serial number from the keys.

Sounds like you have a slysoft license. Guess what, slysoft got shut down by the antiguan authorities over 2+ years ago under pressure of the MPAA/AACS LA. They took your license and everyone else's with it. Including mine. Redfox staff restarted development, and how do you pay for staff/servers/development? Right, you sell new licenses.

And even if you could retrieve the serial number from key's it's still no use. SlySoft/Redfox/Elaborate Bytes DO NOT use text based serials, they use registration key FILES (you are sent in your order confirmation e-mail)

I have the same situation. I purchased AnyDVD and CloneDVD in 2008, received the keys for both items. I haven't needed to re-register for a few years. When I open the keys now I get an error message telling me that it is not a valid AnyDVD license. I have contacted RedFox and was told that I would need to buy the software all over again. Right. I bought it once and I won't pay for it again. Surely there is a way to retrieve the old serial number from the keys.
You had the programs for over 10 years, you really should consider buying new licenses, don't you think?

You had the programs for over 10 years, you really should consider buying new licenses, don't you think?
No, because it was a "lifetime" purchase. That means that you pay for it once, in case you don't know what the word means...

Sounds like you have a slysoft license. Guess what, slysoft got shut down by the antiguan authorities over 2+ years ago under pressure of the MPAA/AACS LA. They took your license and everyone else's with it. Including mine. Redfox staff restarted development, and how do you pay for staff/servers/development? Right, you sell new licenses.

And even if you could retrieve the serial number from key's it's still no use. SlySoft/Redfox/Elaborate Bytes DO NOT use text based serials, they use registration key FILES (you are sent in your order confirmation e-mail)

Really? I bought a lifetime license. Do you understand what lifetime means? I've heard the story before about all of those evil people just walking away from their customers, etc. I'm not so sure that that's not a load of BS. If the "new" developers/owners were so interested in helping the past users and customers then they could do it.

You were given updates for the lifetime of the company, who do you expect to give you the updates, if the company that sold it to you no longer exists? Right, nobody. As james said, you had the program for over 10 years. Say you paid $100 for it. That's 10$ a year or less than $1 a month. You try paying for food, gas,electric, on a $1 a month budget. Good luck with that.

Nobody walked away from anyone. Do you understand what SLYSOFT GOT SHUT DOWN means?

You were given updates for the lifetime of the company, who do you expect to give you the updates, if the company that sold it to you no longer exists? Right, nobody. As james said, you had the program for over 10 years. Say you paid $100 for it. That's 10$ a year or less than $1 a month. You try paying for food, gas,electric, on a $1 a month budget. Good luck with that.

Nobody walked away from anyone. Do you understand what SLYSOFT GOT SHUT DOWN means?

Thank you so much for that clarification, even if you are a bit sanctimonious. Thanks also for that math lesson. I would have never been able to figure that out. Why are you even on these forums? You just seem to be argumentative. That's no help to anyone.

Last edited:
nothing sanctimonious about it, nor anything argumentative. You simply seem to disregard plain facts and well documented history. Something that no longer exists cannot give you updates for a product. And for the record, your lifetime license still works just fine up to the last issues slysoft/redfox transitional period release version of 7.6.9.5. Just won't work on many new releases (due to protection changes) and the OPD no longer exists too (Why? Well guess what, cause they were slysoft's and they got shut down)

and for the record, you say you have cloneDVD key too. Well that one works just fine. CloneDVD wasn't affected by the shutdown, anydvd was.

nothing sanctimonious about it, nor anything argumentative. You simply seem to disregard plain facts and well documented history. Something that no longer exists cannot give you updates for a product. And for the record, your lifetime license still works just fine up to the last issues slysoft/redfox transitional period release version of 7.6.9.5. Just won't work on many new releases (due to protection changes) and the OPD no longer exists too (Why? Well guess what, cause they were slysoft's and they got shut down)

and for the record, you say you have cloneDVD key too. Well that one works just fine. CloneDVD wasn't affected by the shutdown, anydvd was.
"Well documented history" Right. Or a fabricated scheme to get more revenue...

You really wanna go down that route? Ok here's some evidence for you

Code:
https://torrentfreak.com/hollywood-escalates-dvd-ripping-case-to-international-incident-160213/
https://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/02/25/1513211/slysoft-of-anydvd-fame-closes-after-increased-international-pressure-by-aacs
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308771
https://www.myce.com/news/aiseesoft-and-slysoft-on-united-states-copyright-blacklist-70852/
https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2016/02/slysoft-makers-of-anydvd-shut-down-after-regulatory-pressure/
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/slysoft-closed.68304/
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/02/drm-defeaters-defeated-slysoft-ceases-operations/
http://wp.xin.at/archives/tag/slysoft
https://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=42075

Still a scheme? Being on the US watchlist is no joke.

This "shutdown is fake" debate is now terminated. You don't have to like it but facts are facts. End-of-story.

Continued arguing the evidence will result in possible posts deletion.

I have a legit key, but some reason it doesn't work anymore.
Every single Slysoft user had the same problem. Slysoft was shut down from pressure of the US government.

No more AnyDVD updates. Period.

We whined, we ranted, and convinced the guys who maintained the software to not stop.

They listened, and started the RedFox project.

All the money everyone paid for Slysoft lifetime licenses was gone.

Well, as much as it sucks, maintaining a program and the infrastructure to support it takes money. Money the development team DID NOT HAVE.

Yeah, it sucked having to pay for new licenses. But with no money there would be no AnyDVD.

And so I paid money to keep the program alive. So I can keep getting updates for a very much used piece of software.

It has been almost 3 years since this all happened.

It is up to you if you want to keep being able to backup your discs or not.[/QUOTE]

what key? for what software? who did you contact? Are you getting an error of some sort? If so, what is it?

Sorry I didn't respond to you sooner.

AnyDVD is the program and here is the error message.

upload_2019-9-15_6-37-48.png

I fill out one of these forms on the main site (I assume that's what it is)

upload_2019-9-15_6-47-14.png

upload_2019-9-15_6-40-12.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-15_6-36-13.png
    upload_2019-9-15_6-36-13.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Looks to me like you're trying to register an old slysoft license with v8. This does not work (see the slysoft shutdown messages above). Redfox issued anydvd versions (V8.0.0.0) and above only work with redfox issued license keys

So based on what you said, I installed an old version and the key worked. I was able to see the serial it listed and in fact the serial is numeric, not alpha

So I tried out the key and it worked with an old version of AnyDVD HD, although my system thinks it's a virus now.

Anyway, then I did the License Renewal thing and got this message. Now I blacked it out for privacy, but I can send you the actual screen captures to prove the number I put in is the same as the registration number that shows up on the AnyDVD dialog box indicated above. Clicking on "What's this" claims the serial should be alpha, but I know now that correct in my case.

upload_2019-9-15_7-14-6.png.

upload_2019-9-15_7-20-43.png

Slysoft issued license keys work upto 7.6.9.5. When slysoft got shut down by the authoritiess, they took your, mine and everyone else's license with it. Former staff created redfox and restarted development. If you with to use redfox issued AnyDVD versions (V8 and up) you'll need to purchase a redfox license (which is why the license renewal doesn't see a valid license, your slysoft license doesn't exist under redfox). Nobody liked the shutdown and the consequences it brought, but the only way the former staff could (and still can) to continue with anydvd development is to sell new licenses.

You have 2 options:

1. You can update to the last version your license allows (7695, but that one does NOT work on recent titles due to protection changes and the Online Protection Database for that version no longer exists either. It got shut down along with slysoft themselves
2. Purchase a redfox license (which will work with V8 and up, recent titles and has a working OPD)

OK, FurryGuy. So you want to go there?
I wasn't going to say anything - avoid opening old wounds.
But you had to be a self-righteous dumb ass!

Fine, let me lay down for you - from someone who was around when the whole thing went down.

So the 'claim' was Slysoft got shut down by court order. Not a watch list or not some kind of 'pressure', neither of which mean anything. NO! They claimed they were sued, shut down, forced to stop selling their product by court order. To be clear the RedFox guys claimed Slysoft was forced to stop selling AnyDVD HD by court order.

Obviously everyone was upset.

In come some new 'guys (RedFox). Claimed they bought Slysoft, and based on popular demand, they decided to make the new company on the old dead bones of Slysoft. They rebranded all the same products under the RedFox company name.

AND, most importantly - -- drum roll please -- the said all existing Lifetime Licenses would be honored.

So to answer somebody else's BS, there was no "You've already had your Lifetime License for 10 years, buy a new one". Or, 'That's $120/year $1/mo is BS'. The 'Lifetime License' meant the same thing then as your 'Lifetime License' means now - lifetime. And if that 'Lifetime' is BS, why is RedFox offering Lifetime licenses now? Why not a 10 year license for dumb asses? Given this company's history what does a lifetime license mean anyway?

upload_2019-9-15_8-12-19.png

So they claimed at the time, it would take them a few weeks to setup up the new shop and they would be back in business. Then we had RedFox offering exactly the same old products rebranded under that name instead of Slysoft. Even the product name 'AnyDVD HD' was EXACTLY the same.

So it's all very strange. Nobody bought the BS. Everyone knows the old guy who operated out of some remote island sold his company. The new guys came in, needed cash flow, so they made up a story about a court order. Slysoft closed it's doors one day, and (virtually speaking) the next day the new guys open the doors with a new name, with exactly the same products, with exactly the same business plan. I guess nobody wanted to go after them with a court order and shut them down?

But I guess that's beside the point, isn't it? We are buying software with the expressed purpose is to violate the copyright of other companies who sell proprietary software (movies), and we're complaining about a phony lifetime license?

Get a clue - I'm not the pot calling a kettle black - I know the score. Just drop the self-righteous BS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every single Slysoft user had the same problem. Slysoft was shut down from pressure of the US government.

No more AnyDVD updates. Period.

We whined, we ranted, and convinced the guys who maintained the software to not stop.

They listened, and started the RedFox project.

All the money everyone paid for Slysoft lifetime licenses was gone.

Well, as much as it sucks, maintaining a program and the infrastructure to support it takes money. Money the development team DID NOT HAVE.

Yeah, it sucked having to pay for new licenses. But with no money there would be no AnyDVD.

And so I paid money to keep the program alive. So I can keep getting updates for a very much used piece of software.

It has been almost 3 years since this all happened.

It is up to you if you want to keep being able to backup your discs or not.
[/QUOTE]

Back