• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

madvr Envy

SamuriHL

UHD Guru
http://madvr.com/EnvyPressRelease.pdf

This thing is going to be a beast. Yes, it's costly. It's not designed for the HTPC crowd. It's designed for the HIGH END home theater crowd. It's got an RTX 2080ti under the hood of the pro cinema version. Absolutely amazing. I hope this is a success for madshi. He deserves it!

It's not really designed for casual enthusiasts. :) It's really for those with high end theaters who have very expensive projectors. Still, it's nice to see Lumagen get some competition in that space. I would ultimately love to have one to hook up my Shield and Tivo to, but, at 5500 I can't afford it right now.

Madshi said in one of the threads at AVS Forum that the computer based free version for the HTPC will pretty much do the same thing.
The only reason why someone would want this is to get around the learning curve of MadVR and the fact that it's a licensed product.

For myself, I would be solely interested in the frame interpolation feature, but it would have to be almost perfect to justify the price tag, even for the base model.
It would also would have to have the option to improve the algorithm with out having to blow another 5 or 10 grand just to upgrade.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/37-v...envy-anticipation-thread-30.html#post58548990

Actually, I think the BIGGEST draw over the HTPC version (which obviously I'm a fan of) is the HDCP licensed input to allow ANY HDMI source to be upscaled/tone mapped. That's really the huge feature right there.

Actually, I think the BIGGEST draw over the HTPC version (which obviously I'm a fan of) is the HDCP licensed input to allow ANY HDMI source to be upscaled/tone mapped. That's really the huge feature right there.
That in itself it probably why the cost is up there too, licensing fees.
It all gets passed on the end user.

Partly. The 2080ti shoved into the pro cinema version is ~1500 bucks on its own. Then the custom case design, I'm assuming (not confirmed but there's info out there that leads me to this belief) Windows IoT, and the fact that it's being sold through distributors, and the costs add up quite quickly. The HDCP licensing alone is far more than people realize. And I believe he said that was a custom HDMI input piece of hardware, too. Kaching! LOL And yes, it has to get passed on to the end user else they can't make any money off of it. Margins are already going to be thin as it is. This isn't the"get rich quick" scheme people assume it is when they see the price tag. It's high. It's not exorbitant.

Back