• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Server OPD database accessability

coopervid

is very bad.

Any chance to improve that? You should consider to have that decrytion data downloaded / pushed on the users local storage unit to reduce the requests for the server.

Last edited:
And based on what evidence do you conclude that accessibility is bad? That the server can't handle the requests? Do you work for redfox? Doubt that last part

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I should have been more specific. I actually meant the OPD. Yesterday I tried to rip an UHD but then recognized that the disc was dirty and cleaned it. The first time no issue with the OPD. 5 minutes later for the next hour AnyDVD complained that it can't connect to the OPD. Tried again today and it worked. So therefore my assumption is that the problem is not on my side, e.g. with Firewall settings etc.. I also changed now the name of this thread .

Your assumption is, I'm afraid, wrong. :) I've had ZERO issues with the accessing the OPD. There can be MANY reasons for the issues you're talking about and many of them have nothing at all to do with RedFox.

Any guess what could cause this? Being in Europe?

Last edited:
There's a whole host of issues that could cause it. ISP issues, DNS issues, etc, etc. You'd have to properly diagnose the network connection AnyDVD is making to the OPD server to figure out where the issue lies. But to blanket state that the OPD server is bad as a generic statement is not helpful. :)

SamuriHl,

that's a wild guess on your side since I have not had any issues for a long, long time concerning things you are pointing out. The OPD accessability is shaky. Depends maybe on the load and the time of day when majority of the users are trying to access it. And as far as I know you have no insights anymore. So you are just reporting from your experience.

Readability of that disc was still bad. In all cases - even when cleaned - it took forever for AnyDVD to read it in. It's called "Big Pacific" if that helps. Nature Movie in EU produced by BBC.

No kidding it's a wild guess. That's the whole point I was making!! You also can't just blanket state "OPD sucks cause I'm having problems." I've had _ZERO_ problems with it. NONE. So to say it sucks when you've not done any troubleshooting on YOUR side isn't accurate. As far as reporting from my experience, is that not exactly what you're doing? That's exactly my point here. You didn't state it as "is very bad for me." You stated it as "is very bad' as a blanket statement for everyone. And I'm saying to that, NO.

It may seem like I'm being nitpicky here, but, wording DOES MATTER. How you frame an issue is important.

is very bad.

Any chance to improve that? You should consider to have that decrytion data downloaded / pushed on the users local storage unit to reduce the requests for the server.

Remember? That was my initial initiative. The day after tomorrow would also be fine with me ;)

I didn't take issue with the feature request. I took issue with "is very bad". :)

Today I had the same issue again with X-Men Dark Phoenix UHD. AnyDVD gave me the "Redfox server not accessible message". Tried 3 times. Same. Tried 2h later. No problem reading in that disc. I don't think that the issue is on my side. Need to say that I clean all my discs thoroughly before putiing them in the drive. My opinion is still that this is a quite shaky solution.

Last edited:
Back