• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

UHD protected ISO doesn't decode after original disc is supported

mbarnstijn

I noted today that the original disc of Secret Life of Pets 2 successfully decrypted.

So, I mounted my protected ISO backup of Secret Life of Pets 2, figuring that was the simplest and fastest way to generate a non-protected ISO backup.

AnyDVD 8.3.8.1 failed to decrypt it, with

couldn't retrieve AGID!
Cannot process request at this time, please try again later!

Is that expected behaviour?

Log file attached.

--michael

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.8.1_Info_E_SLOP2_UHD_UPK75.ziplog
    3.6 MB · Views: 5
AnyDVD looks online for data on their server. My experience is that this is pretty shaky and you have to try maybe several times.

I noted today that the original disc of Secret Life of Pets 2 successfully decrypted.

So, I mounted my protected ISO backup of Secret Life of Pets 2, figuring that was the simplest and fastest way to generate a non-protected ISO backup.

AnyDVD 8.3.8.1 failed to decrypt it, with

couldn't retrieve AGID!
Cannot process request at this time, please try again later!

Is that expected behaviour?

Log file attached.

--michael
No. Please post a logfile from the original disc for comparison.

And also post how you're mounting it. It's assumed you're using Virtual CloneDrive but let's make sure that's the case.

My bad, yes, Virtual CloneDrive 5.5.0.0 is being used to mount on E: My BDXL drives are K, L, M, N, O. That's so you can tell my log files of mounted ISO apart from the mounted original discs.

The log of the original disc, just now created, is here attached.

I also just now tested my copy of Godzilla King of the Monsters, which also is decrypting today for the first time from the original disc. My earlier protected ISO backup copy of that disc does not decrypt, either. All of those logs now attached.

Both of these Protected ISO backup copies were made using AnyDVD 8.3.8.0

Cheers,

--michael

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.8.1_Info_K_SLOP2_UHD_UPK75_DC3D82CA_9629A976.ziplog
    3.7 MB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_8.3.8.1_Info_E_GODZILLA_KING_OF_THE_MONSTERS.ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.3.8.1_Info_L_GODZILLA_KING_OF_THE_MONSTERS_91234AA7_ECE0D7DD.ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 3
For interest's sake, here are the log files for both original discs as produced by 8.3.8.0, just to compare to the 8.3.8.1 logs.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.8.0_Info_K_SLOP2_UHD_UPK75.ziplog
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.3.8.0_Info_L_GODZILLA_KING_OF_THE_MONSTERS.ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
Hopefully James can figure out what's going on cause something's weird. How are you creating the protected ISO's? Like AnyDVD's rip to image option with the keep protection checkbox, right?

The hashes of the isos and original discs differ. The protected isos are corrupt. I can only guess, that friendly drives have a tendency to read... rubbish. AnyDVD ripper can detect and correct problems much better, if it creates unprotected isos, as it can analyze the decrypted data.

@James

So, the 'rubbish' you mention is different from read errors? While waiting for these discs to be supported by AnyDVD, I was able to use MakeMKV to extract all folders from the original disc to HDD without read errors, then ImgBurn to create ISO of the folders, and the resulting ISOs played flawlessly through the whole movie on Dune Solo 4K (without menus).

@James

So, the 'rubbish' you mention is different from read errors?
Yes. Obviously.

While waiting for these discs to be supported by AnyDVD, I was able to use MakeMKV to extract all folders from the original disc to HDD without read errors, then ImgBurn to create ISO of the folders, and the resulting ISOs played flawlessly through the whole movie on Dune Solo 4K (without menus).
... because MakeMKV was able to DECRYPT and VERIFY the data. AnyDVD was NOT (at the time).

@James

What does that mean for those of us who make protected ISO backups of unsupported UHD discs, in anticipation of future AnyDVD support? It would seem you're saying it's pointless.

Another way of phrasing the question is: after AnyDVD supports a particular UHD disc, is a protected ISO backup made by AnyDVD different than it was before support was available?

--michael

Another way of phrasing the question is: after AnyDVD supports a particular UHD disc, is a protected ISO backup made by AnyDVD different than it was before support was available?
No.

@James, maybe I'm not understanding the 'rubbish' issue, so I've got these four questions:

1. What good is a protected ISO backup of a UHD disc?

2. Is there any way to tell if there's a problem with the protected ISO backup that is created by AnyDVD?

3. Is this 'rubbish' problem only happening with UHD-friendly drives?

4. Should we be making protected ISO backups with UHD-official drives instead?

Last edited:
@James

I made a protected folder backup of the Godzilla... UHD disc using MakeMKV, with AnyDVD NOT RUNNING, then made an ISO of the resulting folders using ImgBurn. (No sector read errors.)

When I mounted that ISO on my Virtual CloneDrive, AnyDVD 8.3.9.0 decrypted it just fine.

Hmm, says I. I made another protected backup image of the Godzilla UHD disc using AnyDVD 8.3.9.0. (No sector read errors.)

When I mounted that ISO on my Virtual CloneDrive, AnyDVD 8.3.9.0 decrypted it just fine.

Well, what's different? The first AnyDVD protected backup image of Godzilla... was made with 8.3.8.0, as per the log files given above. That image does NOT decrypt. This new backup image was made with 8.3.9.0. It DOES decrypt.

In the meantime, yesterday, I made a protected image backup using AnyDVD 8.3.9.0 of my currently UNSUPPORTED John Wick 3 UHD. Also used MakeMKV to make a protected folder backup of the same drive, then ImgBurned those folders to ISO. When John Wick 3 becomes supported, I will report back on the decryption status of these two protected backup images.

In the meantime, here are the AnyDVD logs for Godzilla... of the protected image made by AnyDVD 8.3.9.0 and the protected image made by MakeMKV+ImgBurn, and the log of the original disc, in case they are of any interest.

--michael

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.9.0_Info_E_GODZILLA_KING_OF_THE_MONSTERS AnyDVD 8390 Protected ISO.ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.3.9.0_Info_E_GODZILLA_KING_OF_THE_MONSTERS MakeMKV Protected ISO.ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_8.3.9.0_Info_L_GODZILLA_KING_OF_THE_MONSTERS Original UHD Disc.ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
@James

Over the past 4 weeks I kept protected ISOs, all created by AnyDVD 8.3.9.4, for all my unsupported UHD discs.

A couple of days ago, the following discs all became supported (MANY MANY THANKS!!!):

JOHN_WICK_3_PARABELLUM -- OPD: BD_8fa9e702b372
RATATOUILLE -- OPD: BD_cb36b3dc5beb
FINDING_NEMO -- OPD: BD_00f0c13e1ffb
ALADDIN_SIGNATURE_COLLECTION -- OPD: BD_5f5269bb597b
X-MEN Dark Phoenix -- OPD: BD_859f3f082840
YESTERDAY -- OPD: BD_6562187b1eef
ANT_MAN -- OPD: BD_eb4624c74242
GUARDIANS_OF_THE_GALAXY_1 -- OPD: BD_1ca81d1ab3ed
DOCTOR_STRANGE -- OPD: BD_93dfb737ac70
SPIDER-MAN_FAR_FROM_HOME -- OPD: BD_3b474eb81620
SHAUN_OF_THE_DEAD -- OPD: BD_5e226e24f07d
HOTFUZZ_UPK1 -- OPD: BD_0b0607111717
THEWORLDSEND_UPK1 -- OPD: BD_0ae7f5ab16e2

I was able to mount each of the ISOs for these titles, and they were all supported by AnyDVD 8.3.9.4. I was able to create unprotected ISOs of all of them for playback on Dune players around my house, and from my viewing so far they play back without problems. (Added bonus: the Dune 4K Pro series of players now has full menu handling of UHD discs after the latest firmware upgrade in September.)

Whatever happened earlier last month with my protected ISOs of Godzilla and John Wick 3 -- I have no idea. Chalk it up to a mysterious error possibly caused by internal Windows 7 problems that have since gone away.

Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

--michael

Back