• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.2.5.0 very stable / next features?

Maybe.... Even so, it only took DeUHD about a month to sort that one out! I'm just waiting for MakeMKV to support it.

huh?? We've been able to back up our UHD movie collection since Dec 2017.

The ones that come on 100 GB disks? If so, I was completely unaware because the article said the new format will be out by the middle of 2020.
Thank you for the quick reply. I'm not here to make an argument, I was just wondering if anyone knew about it.
Thanks again.

I'm not aware of any new UHD standards coming out. UHD already has triple layer discs. So, no idea. As mentioned, we've been backing up our UHD's for quite a while now.

I just looked, apparently an 8K UHD standard is coming out next year. Big deal. No one right now is going to care about it.

@vze2mp9g, Now I'm not certain about what you are referring to. Do you have a link for the article you read?

Ultra-HD Blu Ray has been around since around 2015 and we could start backing them up in December 2017. Some of these are up to 100GB in size.

Cheers.

Blah. SamuriHL, you posted while I was typing!! LOL...

Yeah, I don't see anyone being interested in 8K for quite a few years, at least until the arrival of "not so expensive" 8K tv's and players.

I'm not aware of any new UHD standards coming out. UHD already has triple layer discs. So, no idea. As mentioned, we've been backing up our UHD's for quite a while now.

Yes, the triple layer discs. You need to get a drive to read/write this format, which I've have since March 2019. But the article did say that it would ALMOST impossible yo back up (not copy :) )

As said previously, we have been backing up our UHD blu rays (some are triple layer) since december 2017.

^^^^ this. I'm not sure where this information is coming from but it's patently incorrect. DeUHD started in like October or November 2017, then keys started getting posted and MakeMKV added support. Then followed AnyDVD and DVDFab. The title keys allow UHD friendly drives to decrypt UHD's. Triple layer doesn't matter whatsoever. That's essentially the BD-XL standard which these drives support.

I just want to mention that BD-XL triple layer discs burnt to BD-R can only be played by one commercial Panasonic BD drive. So that is no backup option. Most discs can be compressed without noticable degradation to dual layer 50 GB discs using CloneBD.

Who cares? Backup != burned to disc. That's ONE method of backing something up. And not the one the majority of us care about.

I care. Because with your method you lose options. All are only kept if you use the box mimicing the Oppo player w/o an optical drive. Backing up to triple layer discs had several times been an idea in various forums. It just doesn't work besides with just one Panasonic player.

Exactly! It doesn't work "except"....That's not a compelling backup solution. I could just as easily say full disc ISO backups work on the Oppo clone. Is that a great backup solution? To rely on one playback device? You can blame Dolby for that hot mess since that's the "lost option" you're referring to. That's not the fault of backup methods. That's the fault of PLAYBACK methods. And there is a difference between the two IMO.

Back