• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Inability to get copied dvd to write to blank dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copied how? With what? Error message? What brand and type of blanks are you using? What's the disc's media identifier code? What drive are you using? What firmware? What speed stress tired attempting to burn at?

... Too much variables, too little info. Sorry our crystal ball is still broken.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I am using plain jane dvd-r's. It was working fine yesterday and some how it just wont take the dvd I copy and transfer it to the blank dvd. I must have set up the write file incorrectly or something. After the dvd is copied when I try to get the data onto the dvd itself. It says writing but doesn't write anything.

Sorry, but 'plane jane' means nothing when it comes to discs. There's a reason specifics are asked. Without that info, we can't help you.

I am using plain jane dvd-r's. It was working fine yesterday and some how it just wont take the dvd I copy and transfer it to the blank dvd. I must have set up the write file incorrectly or something. After the dvd is copied when I try to get the data onto the dvd itself. It says writing but doesn't write anything.
On the "Source and Output Method" screen in CloneDVD, under the Output Method, is the "DVD Writer" highlighted, or did it get switched to DVD Files or ISO/UDF Image?

Optimum DVD-R 16x4.7GB/120min dvd. I just ordered them from Amazon. You are extremely rude by the way. Thought I would let ya know that.

Attached you will find what I am showing. Can someone please take a look at it and tell me what is wrong with Clone DVD

Attachments

• Snip 1.PNG
    Snip 1.PNG
    248.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Snip 2.PNG
    Snip 2.PNG
    158.4 KB · Views: 24
There's nothing rude about that, they're simple questions that need an answer before we can properly assist you. But the blanks might be part of the problem.

Do you have imgburn installed? If so, insert one of those blanks, go to 'explore' mode and look for something like 'dis mc identifier' or 'media identifier', that's what I'm after.

The thing is, that brand used to be top knotcj until they sold / stopped their disc manufacturing business. Unless I'm mistaking, they're now cheap crappy blanks.

Now the other part is, according to image 1, clonedvd is looking for DVD files from the source in the temp file directory. They're not going to be there, because that's where it copies them to before burning to the disc.

The 'source' for the video files is wrong is the other most likely cause. Clonedvd is looking for files in a directory there are none, until the burning process starts.

What's your source and where is it located? (Physical disc or hard drive directory?)

Last edited:
Optimum DVD-R 16x4.7GB/120min dvd. I just ordered them from Amazon. You are extremely rude by the way. Thought I would let ya know that.
idiots abound, she drinks the trump cool-aid too. i didnt know dvds write to dvds, i thought that software writes dvd movies or files to dvds. i might just be a dumb army guy with 6 deployments under my belt but i read gooder can yes i.
its not being a jerk when you dont read the readmes and dont give the info asked for twice and told without it they cant help. you deserve worse insults, not fewer. Yes, im an ass and dont care.

Then maybe you'll care about me pointing out the forum rules again. Read them again especially the part about behaving, or I will lock this topic down.

Then maybe you'll care about me pointing out the forum rules again. Read them again especially the part about behaving, or I will lock this topic down.

This is why this is one of the few forums I read regularly. People online are just horrible, but RedFox doesn't put up with it.

You sure sound like a Trump supporter ignorant and rude (yes you sure are an ass)!

>>idiots abound, she drinks the trump cool-aid too. i didnt know dvds write to dvds, i thought that software writes dvd movies or files to dvds. i might just be a dumb army guy with 6 deployments under my belt but i read gooder can yes i.
its not being a jerk when you dont read the readmes and dont give the info asked for twice and told without it they cant help. you deserve worse insults, not fewer. Yes, im an ass and dont care.<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back