• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unknown Title Format?

Jalabar

1] AndDVD version: 6.1.7.4
2] CloneDVD version: 2.9.1.2
3] Title: East side dance company "Dance Express 2007"
4] Region free
5] USA
6] Release date; June 23, 2007
7] DvD Burner: TOSHIBA CD/DVDW SD-R5372 TU55 03/14/05
8] Driver version for burner: TU55
9]Windows 2000 professional
10] Media: TY premium dvd-r 8x / batch: GG007044
11] Burning at 4x

This is a very unusual problem. There really is no issue with anydvd decrypting this DVD. I think it's more of the way it's titles are set up. This is simply my kids recitel dvd. The company that made these DvD's for this dance school is called "SandsOfTimeVideo". There website is of the same name.

This is the bazaar problem. You have 3 titles. This also includes a very well done intro for the recitel. Title 3 is the first title that needs to play. And it does so on the original disc. Title 1 is the second one to play on the original disc. And title 2 is the last.
When I copy this disc by either using CloneDVD to clone it, or rip it using AnyDVD and copy the data later with Clone DVD. The only thing I can play on "ANY" stand alone dvd player is, of course, Title 1. Which is in reality the second set of the recital.
Hitting the MENU button "STOPS" the DvD. There is no menu.

Understand. When I check this copy out using ConeDVD as if I'm going to make a copy of it, ALL Titles are present. CloneDVD has done it's job. All titles are on the copy the same as they are on the Original DVD.
The menu is there when previewing with CloneDVD of this copied disc. But there is no menu on any stand alone player.

Below is a link with all the .IFO files, AnyDVD status readout of the original disc and pictues of CloneDVD's interface showing the Titles.

I know this is not a decryption. But this is a format that seems to stop you from copying.
I have my original DVD in hand always if more info is needed. The original is really a singled layered media disc. Verbatim DvD-R 4x.
Please ask me any questions that might help you figure this out. I don't care how strange they may seem.

I am stumped. Thanks
Jalabar

http://www.jalabar.com/danceexpress.zip

Last edited:
Jalabar said:
The menu is there when previewing with CloneDVD of this copied disc. But there is no menu on any stand alone player.

1. Please do step 8 from here: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=393
Disable "Remove annoying adverts and trailers in Anydvd (if that feature is enabled).

2. Run Clonedvd2, and select "Clone DvD" from Clonedvd2's startup menu ( ensure "preserve menus" is enabled in Clonedvd). Click "next" through everything. Do not unselect anything.

If that still fails then

3. Use Clonecd instead (with Anydvd running in the background). Keep in mind Clonecd will not compress. If the source/original is a double layer disc, use Verbatim +R DL made in Singapore. If not, then don't worry about it. Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

Last edited:
@ Jalabar,

Does the original “Dance Express 2007” DVD play correctly in your DVD Player?

If so then suggest using AnyDVD-CloneCD combination to make your clone BackUp copy.

Regards,
Coaster

1] AndDVD version: 6.1.7.4
2] CloneDVD version: 2.9.1.2
3] Title: East side dance company "Dance Express 2007"
4] Region free
5] USA
6] Release date; June 23, 2007
7] DvD Burner: TOSHIBA CD/DVDW SD-R5372 TU55 03/14/05
8] Driver version for burner: TU55
9]Windows 2000 professional
10] Media: TY premium dvd-r 8x / batch: GG007044
11] Burning at 4x

This is a very unusual problem. There really is no issue with anydvd decrypting this DVD. I think it's more of the way it's titles are set up. This is simply my kids recitel dvd. The company that made these DvD's for this dance school is called "SandsOfTimeVideo". There website is of the same name.

This is the bazaar problem. You have 3 titles. This also includes a very well done intro for the recitel. Title 3 is the first title that needs to play. And it does so on the original disc. Title 1 is the second one to play on the original disc. And title 2 is the last.
When I copy this disc by either using CloneDVD to clone it, or rip it using AnyDVD and copy the data later with Clone DVD. The only thing I can play on "ANY" stand alone dvd player is, of course, Title 1. Which is in reality the second set of the recital.
Hitting the MENU button "STOPS" the DvD. There is no menu.

Understand. When I check this copy out using ConeDVD as if I'm going to make a copy of it, ALL Titles are present. CloneDVD has done it's job. All titles are on the copy the same as they are on the Original DVD.

Below is a link with all the .IFO files, AnyDVD status readout of the original disc and pictues of CloneDVD's interface showing the Titles.

I know this is not a decryption. But this is a format that seems to stop you from copying.
I have my original DVD in hand always if more info is needed. The original is really a singled layered media disc. Verbatim DvD-R 4x.
Please ask me any questions that might help you figure this out. I don't care how strange they may seem.

I am stumped. Thanks
Jalabar

http://www.jalabar.com/danceexpress.zip
Firmware update available for your drive.

http://www.toshiba-europe.com/storage/products/drivers/SD-R5372_EBTU56_WIN.zip

1]This is step 8 below numbered points. I am now working on your other suggestions at this point and time.

2]And yes. The original works fine in all stand alones that it has been played in. The original is a burned disc itself....Verbatim DvD-R 4x. From the company "SandsOfTimeVideo". It's a local small company.

3]And Thankyou for the firmware update. getting it now.

AnyDVD Status readouts...............................
Original Disc:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
TOSHIBA CD/DVDW SD-R5372 TU55 03/14/05
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 2198010 sectors (4292 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SOT_DANCE_RECITAL_MENU
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Copied Disc:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
TOSHIBA CD/DVDW SD-R5372 TU55 03/14/05
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 2198144 sectors (4293 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Dance Express2007
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

from my limited knowledge it appears that you may have a bad original. because it plays on a standalone doesnt rule this out.

perhaps try scanning it with nero cddvd speed to check for media errors?

Did you have "preserve menus" enabled in Clonedvd?
Clonedvd is really intended for use with commercial dvd movie releases--and not (oddly structured) home-videos burned onto dvd-rs.

Anyway, I almost guarantee Clonecd will work.

Last edited:
from my limited knowledge it appears that you may have a bad original. because it plays on a standalone doesnt rule this out.

I really doubt this because errors aren't occurring while ripping.

Yes. "Perserve Menus" Is enabled.
"Remove annoying adverts and trailers" was unchecked [diabled] already.

This doesn't seem to be my burners update. According to toshiba's support site. I have to lastest one already. {v TU55}

Yeah, then with Anydvd running in the background, open Clonecd and choose "copy cd" (two discs icon). Select your reader. Click Next. DVD should be the only option. Click Next. I generally do not recommend "copy on the fly" unless you know what you're doing. Click Next. Choose Your Burner. Click Next. Select an appropriate burn speed.

The original is a single layer disc, so you can use your taiyo yudens.

Yes. "Perserve Menus" Is enabled.
"Remove annoying adverts and trailers" was unchecked [diabled] already.

This doesn't seem to be my burners update. According to toshiba's support site. I have to lastest one already. {v TU55}
It is. Look at the URL. You have TU55. The link says TU56.

http://www.toshiba-europe.com/storag...EBTU56_WIN.zip

Apparently there is a problem with the link.

Can try this. Patched RPC1 firmware.

http://hijacker.rpc1.org/toshiba/download.php?SD-R5372/R5372_XU56.zip

Last edited:
@ Jalabar,

Why are you using AnyDVD on this particular DVD? There is not any Copy Protection scheme or Region Coding contained on the original DVD that requires the use of AnyDVD.

Once again suggest using CloneCD to make a clone BackUp copy of this particular DVD. Using CloneCD will make a 1:1 clone BackUp copy of this particular DVD.

Regards,
Coaster

I used clonecd using "copy cd" without doing it on the fly. Recorded great. But it's still doing the same thing. Playing only Title 1 with no menu at all. If you hit menu it stops. The .VOB files are all on there just like before. If I open the copy using Clonedvd as if to "Clone it" and go to the preview. I can watch the menus, intro, all of Title 2 and 3. Because they are on there. But not on a stand alone. Just Title 1 plays. This is one strange problem.

I even tried the opposite of "Remove annoying adverts and trailers" and Enabled it. Choose "Jump directly to title menu" just to see. Same outcome.

I will try other scenarios. It's just bazaar that all of the dvd files are on the copied dvd.....but it's stuck on stupid....Title 1 only.

I used clonecd using "copy cd" without doing it on the fly. Recorded great. But it's still doing the same thing. Playing only Title 1 with no menu at all. If you hit menu it stops. The .VOB files are all on there just like before. If I open the copy using Clonedvd as if to "Clone it" and go to the preview. I can watch the menus, intro, all of Title 2 and 3. Because they are on there. But not on a stand alone. Just Title 1 plays. This is one strange problem.

I even tried the opposite of "Remove annoying adverts and trailers" and Enabled it. Choose "Jump directly to title menu" just to see. Same outcome.

I will try other scenarios. It's just bazaar that all of the dvd files are on the copied dvd.....but it's stuck on stupid....Title 1 only.

1. Watch the original on your computer with Anydvd enabled.
2. Watch the original on your computer with Anydvd disabled.

If there's a difference in what you observe in step 2 (or if you find step 1 is bad, and step 2 is good), then exit Anydvd and use Clonecd by itself as Coaster suggested.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas, because Clonecd is a 1:1 sector copier. There shouldn't be any difference at all.

Good call. When I played to original with AnyDVD running. It did the exact same thing as the copy. When I disabled AnyDVD it started with the menu first......like it does on the stand alone. The copys are still fubared because I copied them with AnyDVD running.

So now I'm cloning the disc using CloneDVD with AnyDVD disabled. And then I will do the same with CloneCD with AnyDVD disabled tonite.

I will post the results in the morning.
Excellent help all. Thankyou.

Good call. When I played to original with AnyDVD running. It did the exact same thing as the copy. When I disabled AnyDVD it started with the menu first......like it does on the stand alone. The copys are still fubared because I copied them with AnyDVD running.

So now I'm cloning the disc using CloneDVD with AnyDVD disabled. And then I will do the same with CloneCD with AnyDVD disabled tonite.

I will post the results in the morning.
Excellent help all. Thankyou.

That's very weird. You had Anydvd running with the default settings? Very Very strange

Can you post the .ifos please? click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=395

I can't promise anything, but maybe James will be interested. Given there's absolutely no protection on this disc, I don't understand why Anydvd 6.1.7.4 would cause that to occur.

Last edited:
AnyDVD alters the disc structure - this is its job. Making the disc region free, remove UOPs, jump to title menu, ... sometimes AnyDVD issues a "false positive", as it might happen with virus scanners.

However, in this case the AnyDVD status didn't indicate anything weird.
I assume the following happens:
There is some strange authoring error on the source disc which causes AnyDVD to do something stupid.

@ Jalabar,

Obviously the Sands of Time Video Productions Company when authoring this particular DVD Video DVD Video failed to follow established DVD Video authoring standards.

The Time Video Productions Company are producing a product that fails to meet the established DVD Video standards. By DVD Video established standards definition The Time Video Productions Company are producing a defective product. Personally I would return this particular defective DVD Video to the Time Video Productions Company and demand that that they reauthor the DVD Video using established DVD authoring standards. If they balk about doing this then I would then demand that they provide a total refund. As a consumer you have the right to expect that manufactures produce a product that is not defective.

Regards,
Coaster.

Last edited:
Backup was Successful!

Results:
1] DvD copied using "CloneCD" with "AnyDVD" Disabled.
2] "CloneDVD" with "AnyDVD" Disabled did not work.
3] "AnyDVD" Enabled at all did not work even on the original disc.

Thx Coaster, James, Detroitbaseball, Zeratul for the help.
Shouts out to you Webslinger for recommending CloneCD and disabling AnyDVD. That was the trick.

I sent the .IFO files to support anyway in case anyone was curious.

This was a bazaar and out of the ordinary thread reguarding the use of AnyDVD or CloneDVD. But I thank you all for sticking with me and putting your heads into it.

Much Appreciated,
Jalabar

Back